logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
www.gold4power.com
this site hack my wow account
2. (21 mins ago)
Manager Mistreating a kid

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Jg Wentworth Complaints & Reviews - They cannot be allowed to get away with this

Jg Wentworth Contacts & Informations

Jg Wentworth

Posted: 2011-06-10 by    Yimen

They cannot be allowed to get away with this

JG WENTWORTH
Here is my issue-please bear with me because for you to fully understand, I have to tell you the whole story. My 15 year old nephew was killed 5 years ago, in his home in Martinsburg, WV by a 9 year old holding a loaded 30 odd. His father who had basically nothing to do with his son for YEARS and lives in SD, felt compelled to sue my sister's home owners insurance. Don't ask me how he got away with that. Anyway, they awarded him $100, 000.00. $35, 000.00 was to go to my niece in payments starting at the age of 18. Some went to his step brother. I do not know why. Shawn hated him and they did not keep in touch. The rest went to a Gun Safety Charity. Then my sister tried to drink herself to death. She went into Kidney failure, liver failure and came within inches of dying. Jump ahead 5 years- 2007. Brittany turned 18 in March and got $6, 000.00. Spent $600.00 on clothes and the rest on drugs. This was in March. Come September she wanted more. She was not supposed to get anymore until she turned 21. She made repeated calls to her father who is a retired Service member in SD. He knew about the drug issue. He told her 'No' over and over again. For her to get the money, he would have to sign for it. He refused. He asked my sister why she will not give Brittany spending money. Kelly told him because she will spend it one drugs. She then went to JG Wentworth and got herself a Lawyer. Well, they tried to get the money for her and the Judge asked my sister what she thought. She stood in the Court room and told the Judge that if she got the money she would spend it on drugs. So, he told Britt 'No.' A month later, after repeated calls from JG Wentworth telling her that if they go to court again, she will get the money, back in Court they went. The Judge again asked my sister what she thought and she told him that her daughter would buy drugs with it. The judge told Britt that if she gets this money, she will only get one more payment when she is 21 and the rest of it which will total $20, 000.00 will vanish. She will not get it. He also told her that he will give her the money because 'I know that if I do not give it to you, you will be back.' So, on 11-5-07 she got her money. After giving her boyfriends step father $2000.00 to bail that loser out of jail (I am sure his mother had something to do with Brittany wanting the money), hotel hopping, shopping and drug doing ensued. 11-7-07, upon returning from work, my phone rang. It was my oldest sister Kim telling me to sit down. I expected her to tell me that something had happened to mom, being the natural order of things. No, I did not expect what I heard. My 18 year old niece was on life support. I want to know how JG Wentworth can get away with preying on people the way that they do. They are greedy money hungry people who preyed on a naive 18 year old with learning disabilities that did not FULLY understand what they were telling her. In my eyes, this amounts to stealing. She REALLY did not understand. All she knew was that she was getting money. I want to know how they were able to get my niece the money without my ex brother in law's signature. 11-8-07- She is waking up. They had to sedate her and will hopefully be removing the tubes tonight. Then, we will find out the extend of the damage. She has pneumonia from aspirating. 11-9-07 -Brittany woke up last night. It took 4 nurses to hold her down so they could drain her lungs. Then my mother walked over to her and looked her in the eyes. She calmed down and looked at my mom and said 'Mom Mom, I do not want to die.' I think she understands what has happened. They will not know until she is fully awake how much brain damage (if any-I pray not) there is. These people advertise on TV. What they do not tell you is that they take a big chunk of your money. And, everything they tell you is a lie. They preyed on an 18 year old heroin addict. Did they know she did drugs? Yes, My sister told them she did. They cannot be allowed to get away with this.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Dec, 2011 by   kingstonsound 0 Votes
i never heard of a company that will lend you money on a pending lawsuit. Anyone can sue anyone for anything...not saying your case isnt legit but there is no promises you will get money. I have never used one of these services but I do remember when I initially filed suit against multiple insurance companies my attorney offered to lend me money without me even asking and I declined. I believe JGW and others will only lend you money on structured settlements/annuities (AKA guaranteed money!!)
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   nicooler88 +1 Votes
Jg wentworth is just doing their job. They have no control over what anyone does with the money, your neice was of legal age to sign this contract which spelled out all the details of the transaction. if she chose to be a junkie thats her problem not theirs
 5th of May, 2012 by   Gravitytheseducer 0 Votes
This whole complaint is ridiculous I completely agree with nicooler88
 2nd of Feb, 2013 by   steve976 0 Votes
There was nothing for them to get away with. What they did was perfectly legal.
 14th of Jun, 2014 by   smass 0 Votes