JD Management - The Villages FL

Posted:

Rip-off --Dirty rental; no one cared

JD Management - The Villages FL
on her site
Lady Lake, Florida
Phone: on her site
thevillagesforrentbyowner.com
Jane Hall took over $6700 for two months for a dirty house and wouldn't respond with an inspection of our complaint. The "new" house was furnished with old furniture --soiled, stained, and peed-up. We were stressed our entire stay and because of the cold winter, forced indoors more than normal. The house had spiders, ants, and dust balls... and then she charged us an additional cleaning fee. I had to clean, buy dishes, cookware and flatware because the "unbreakable" dishes were so scratched up and flatware so dark and dingy. The coffeemaker was stained and ugly. Except for the glassware, everything was "garbage" recycled. It was a nightmare of a 60 day stay.

I complained to The Villages people but they didn't care. They said they have nothing to do with rentals and were unwilling to help my situation. They control everything else...why not bad situations?
DEFINTELY NOT FLORIDA'S "FRIENDLIEST HOME TOWN."

The good thing is that I will no longer consider The Villages a desireable place to retire. It is horribly over-crowed, way over-priced, and highly over-rated. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

27th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am so sorry that happen to you. My experience has been the exact opposite. My husband and I have rented
twice now in the villaes and been completely satisfied. thevillages4rent.com offers by owners properties that
are available..all styles. Give it a try again or go on talkofthevillages.com to talk to others and learn more about
the villages in a positive light...nice people, nice times, and it really is the "friendliest home town" around.
No, I agree, sometimes things aren't perfect the first time, but give it a try again. :)
 1st of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
We rented for two yrs in two different areas. 2006 in a Courtyard Villa in Spanish Springs & 2007 in a home in Lake Sumter Landing. Both were immaculate & beautifully furnished. We bought a Courtyard Villa in 2008 & love it. Our neighbors are wonderful! We have had other friends come & rent here prior to buying and they had no cleanliness problems. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that experience. I would be angry too. We do have to remember that not everyone is like your landlord. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly are everywhere in the world. Fortunately the majority do not live here. Try again. This time have a written contract that lets you bow out if the property is not up to your standards. Or go through The Villages Rental program. I'm sure that they would not allow anything unacceptable to be among the rental properties that they promote. Don't give up, You will be the one missing out.

Contact Us