logo

Global Tel Link
I work at Global Tel Link
3. (24 mins ago)
The Wig Gallery at Greece Ridge Mall
Swindled, cheated, lied to, mislead
4. (24 mins ago)
Consoles4less - - Xbox360
Not recieved
5. (25 mins ago)
CoolHandle Professional Web Hosting
illegal billing on credit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge Complaints & Reviews - Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!

Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge Contacts & Informations

Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge

Posted:    colin riddell

Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!

We bought an expensive black leather lounge a 2 seater and 3 seater from harvey norman cairns it was a janda lounge, after 3 years the leather cracked and the frame broke, they sent an inspector out that said the blame was 50 /50, we have cared for the lounge as recommended since purchase, they offered to repair it if we sent it back to brisbane 2000 klms away at our expense, they can go jump, never ever buy janda rubbish again, we should have bought a cheaper, it would have lasted better than janda! Janda is crap !

Comments Australia Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jan, 2008 by   colin riddell -1 Votes
update ,harvey norman cairns now offer to pay half the cartage , they can still go jump , it has to be carted 2000klm janda lounges are still crap
 9th of Jan, 2008 by   colin riddell -1 Votes
Another update, janda for the 1st time actually contacted me, only because of my comments on here, they had no clue whatsover how we were 50/50 liable for their leather cracking, if we neglected it it would be all over, but its on 2 cushions and some other little bits,the inspector apparently never told them their lousy frame also broke, they still refuse to replace their rubbish furniture and still want me to pay transport for a 4000 klm trip, be warned they sell rubbish and then hide behind dodgy inspectors reports!
 16th of Jan, 2008 by   Beverley Wilson 0 Votes
Hi, i am just about to place an order for a red leather janda suite, very expensive from HARVEY NORMAN and now i am worried about the quality etc. Could it be a one of? What was the outcome of your complaint? A lounge suite should last for years, i may hold on and rethink about leather in general. Let me know the latest will check in.
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by   colin riddell 0 Votes
The leather on both suites was completly different, one soft thats was the worst one, they have not fixed the lounge and wont if i dont ship it at my expense 2000 klm, i paid over 5000 for it it should last years, i would never buy yheir rubbish again!
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by   colin riddell 0 Votes
I rang them direct and, she got the snoots after hearing how bad it was and i never heard from janda since that was about 3 to 4 weeks ago, they are rubbish, service and leather product.
 16th of May, 2008 by   Sharon Manson 0 Votes
JANDA - FURNITURE SERVICE & PRODUCTS INCOPRATION WITH HARVEY NORMAN... NOT EVER AGAIN

My husband & I bought a Janda lounge suite through Harvey Norman Carindale in Brisbane about 3 1/2 years ago. . We now live in Hervey Bay which is 3 and half hours away. I have spoken with Harvey Norman and Janda and yes I agree they do not take responsibility for bad quality furniture. We have spent $1000's with Harvey Norman and can say we are totally disguisted.. NEVER AGAIN>> It has cracked and literally peels of.. Had specialist look at it and he said it BICAST Leather and not real genuine leather... So I am just about to go back to them again as we were under the impression paying 1000's for it that it was genuine leather...
 28th of May, 2008 by   FurnitureMan 0 Votes
Where is it made ie Asia? What materials? Do they cost cut on quality? Yeh, I have heard the stories about them. Not good. Wouldn't buy it.
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   colin riddell 0 Votes
NEVER EVER BUY JANDA I am 9 months from when i first contacted them and they just dumped me after the last sook cried when i told her how their product cracked BE WARNED
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   Coralie Hamilton 0 Votes
I will not deal with Harvey Norman because they tell you one thing and when it is time to sign on the dotted line then they telll you the extras, i.e. fabric protection, delivery. They try to make out they are giving you the best deal ( a better price than even the discounted one) Bull, the "better price" was already on the tag. Thats when I walked out and unfortunately will not go back in again. I would also like to know where on the internet that you can submit a complaint except to the furniture shop, who really don't care, as it is their way of training.
 27th of Jul, 2008 by   colin riddell 0 Votes
Just got told janda are made in china from very poor quality materials, you buy their rubbish at your peril, i still won, t shop at harvey norman !or buy janda ever again
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   jody from New Zealand 0 Votes
Colin,

Thank you for posting your experience you have encountered with Harvey Norman (Australia). I was seriously considering spending $6500 (NZ dollars) on a Janda - Orange lounge suite.

When spending a large amount of money on furniture, one asks questions (as I did with the Salesperson) expecting honesty and professionalism.

I will now look at New Zealand made product and NZ made furniture.

Agasin, thank you for the insight.

Regards,

Jody from NZ
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   colin riddell 0 Votes
the material on my janda is still cracking yet other cushions are great it just shows they put all sorts of crap leather in my janda lounge, I was a saddler so I know crap from non crap, be warned if you buy janda leather products
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   perth W.A. +1 Votes
hi everyone...
I also bought a dark leather lounge suite ( Bondi suite) from Harvey Norman, being a Janda suite also. We have experienced the same peeling and cracking as you have described and both harvey Norman and Janda have been of no help...after 5 phonecalls and 3 months of following up, I have just been given the run around and finally told that it is not covered in the warrenty...or the additional 5 year warrenty we paid extra for!...
also very disgruntled!
Perth ..W.A.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   markandcherie +1 Votes
Hello,

We totally agree. We also bought a dark leather lounge suite (the Bondi suite) from Harvey Norman. The leather (which is actually bicast leather and not full leather) is suffering fine cracking all over it. We hardly use it. When Janda sent an inspector they said it was within their tolerance and wont be covered by warrenty. Maybe this is suitable for them but not for anyone else. Yes their products are cheap and nasty. We have looked after this lounge as it was our first leather (or what we thought was leather) lounge.

DON"T BY JANDA FROM HARVEY NORMAN! It appears they both know how poor the product is.

Kahibah NSW
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   Bill from Everton Park 0 Votes
I have had a POSITIVE EXPERIENCE with Janda. We purchased a Bondi suite also and after almost 3 years the Bicast started to peel, I contacted the Harvey Norman store I purchased the suite from and around 4 weeks later I had a letter from Janda offering to re-upholster my whole suite in leather for free as my warranty had not run out...apparently if it was out of warranty they will freight it for free and charge for the leather to re-upholster...I think that is fair...give Janda a break!!
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   Cindy from Bathurst 0 Votes
GET A LIFE!!!
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   Yvonne G Giggins 0 Votes
I purchased a Janda Coventry 3xRxR lounge suite in 2005 thinking that having retired I would have a beautiful lounge suite for the rest of my life. I paid $4500.00 for it. The leather coating is just peeling off it and the chairs have become very wobbly and no longer strong. As it is only my husband and myself live here they have never been subjected to rough use. I am so dissappointed as I don't have the money now to replace it. I am stuck with it. Harvey Norman Shepparton told me the leather is only garanteed for 12 months.
HELP any one else got any ideas about what to do about it.
Yvonne G Giggins
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Wokeye 0 Votes
Hi, thanks for the information, I was just about to purchase a Janda couch with otterman, but thanks to you guys I'll stay well away from Harvey Norman and dodgey products. Bridget
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Terisha 0 Votes
We also bought a janda couch and chairs from Mcgoverns furniture in Bendigo and were told that they were the best and that was why they were so expensive ($5, 000). Mcgoverns have closed their store and we could not find where to go to get our chair fixed as the wire has broken on one of our recliners and we dont know how to fix it so we are stuck with an expensive suite that is broken. I would never purchase another Janda product ever again and will also tell evryone I know about my experiance. We should all go on Today Tonight and let everyone know as it is really depressing spending that much money on a really. really crap product.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Rob - 02 0 Votes
For everyone's information - Janda is under new ownership - any issues should be directed to support@jandafurniture.com.au

Sleeping Comcast Employee