logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
flippiness.com
This company wants only your money
2. (7 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
clothing-dropship.com
They stated that no payment was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-04-28 by    Kimo808

Do NOT deposit your week

Interval International
Hawaii
Do NOT deposit your time share with Interval international!!! - you will not get it back and you wont be able to use the banked weeks at a decent property! I am from Hawaii originally and have since moved to Seattle. I have been trying to use my 3 weeks that I have banked with Interval to book something in Hawaii - I was initially excited to find that there were actually 4 hotels listed on the Big Island - HOWEVER if you read the fine print, it says that YOU CANNOT USE EXCHANGE WEEKS TO STAY THERE you have to pay out of pocket about $999/week - so what is the freakin point then!???? The condos they have listed on Oahu (waikiki) say the same thing and these facilities are OLD and a few blocks from the beach...big disappointment. SO basically, Interval takes your unused timeshare week that you "bank" and then sells it for accomodations or charges someone else full price for it and then offers you no availability, crappy condos and undesirable locations in return...GEE WHAT A GREAT SERVICE! Do yourself a service, just stick with your own timeshare group and book a package deal or private condo when travelling somehwere else...dont support this useless service.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Mar, 2012 by   ka mitchell 0 Votes
not true. Interval does not sell your timeshare you deposit. It deposits it into the system for other members to book with. That's how Interval works, you bank your week and in return you get a week in return to book somewhere else. If you choose to try getting into a particular area with high vacation interest you need to try booking a year in advance. You can't expect Interval to perform a miracle and get you in somewhere there is no availaibility to book in. There are over 2600 resorts affiliated with Interval. If you can't book in one area search the surrounding area. If nothing is available then go somewhere else. Best advice is to plan way ahead in advance like a year for best reults and availability.
 15th of Sep, 2012 by   Sudre_ 0 Votes
I do not understand these complaints at all. I am purchasing a timeshare which will includes I I. RCI has been a disappointment so I figured I'd try I I. Problem with all these complaints is NO ONE says what their Travel Demand Index is for their week, the lower the better. I asked straight out before buying if the Resort week I bought had an index number of 15 would I be able to stay at a Resort with a 14 or lower and was told "NO". (so I bought at a Resort with a number under 10)
Whenever I look up the locations of the Resorts of the people making these complaints (the few that mention location) they are high index numbers, like 35 or 50, some even higher. It's not I I that ripped you off. It is the person that sold you your timeshare because they did not explain how I I works.

These complaints are not effective without posting your location or Travel Index number... so if you really have a timeshare be sure to update with your Travel index number.

New Cedit Card Scam