logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Whatever Works
Don't even bother with this company unless you like being frustrated
2. (5 mins ago)
Phone/Internet/Cable TV
Cost
5. (16 mins ago)
The Frog and the Princess/ Wall Sticker Outlet
Product ordered, charged, never received product, no contact from merchant...scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

International Award Payment Center, Kansas City, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - Contest Scam/Blue Series VIII

International Award Payment Center Contacts & Informations

International Award Payment Center

Posted:    mailmanJoe

Contest Scam/Blue Series VIII

Award Processing Center
1401 Armour Road
Kansas City, Missouri
Phone: 816-842-5510
My husband recieved this today the form 1080 request a $9.00 fee in cash, check or money order . Yes it ask for cash... sounded suspicious therefore when I went on line I found previous contest from this same Company asking for a $20.00 fee and the series was listed as Blue series VI so we knew it had to be a repeated scam.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Dec, 2010 by   Zedicus 0 Votes
I, too, got the same mail from the same company for its Blue Series VIII scam. It asked me to send $20, their "small" fee for me to get my cash award of $15K. If they're really a legit company, and if I really won in their contest, it's supposed to mean that I'm going to receive money from them, correct? And if this is the case, then I don't think it would be difficult for them to deduct the $20 processing fee from my winnings. In the letter I received, I'm told I won 15 grand. Simple math would tell them that I will only be entitled to $14, 980 if they indeed have a "small" processing fee of $20! I would not complain of the $20 deduction as long as I can immediately encash the check they've enclosed! I'm just sorry for those in dire straits who fell for this. I mean, come on, how could you win something that you NEVER participated in?
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   carolmae3 0 Votes
I, just received the same mail as the gentleman prior to this complaint., for the Blue Series VIII scam. It also asks to send $20.00 to get the cash award for $15, 000. Yeah, I hardly think so. They must think people are stupid and you know some people do fall for this. I know it, s a scam because I never enter any contests, lotteries out of my country. So, how can that be possible that I won that much money in something I did not enter in the first place and out of the country, my country Canada. Go figure. Please people, if you should ever receive mail like this, just think about it, if it, s too good to be true, well then guess what ? IT, S NOT TRUE Don, t be so taken by the figures of the cash award unless you had enter . Too many people are being scammed in this world and it has to STOP!!!
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   urdoha 0 Votes
yes i just recieved that also yesterday.feb.17, 2011. same as you I never enter any contests.my country is australia.We do hope through our expereience like this we need to informed people through post by the website so that everybody will aware and time will come that they are the one who recieved this kind of letters they know whats next step for it.
 25th of May, 2011 by   loon tune 0 Votes
Same here! I never entered any contest either other than Publishers Clearing House and Readers digest. So they must have gotten my mailing address from them. One of these companies even had a picture of the same building as their Logo on their envelope for P.C.H. There must be some recourse for the poor people who were scammed to get their money back. Please let me know. The only literature I read about this is how people know so much and yet they do not offer any solutions to these scams. Are there no laws to deal with this? The reason why there is nothing being done is because no one wants to help the other person. The way to get to these scams is research. They are very good at playing with words that have a double meaning. The one thing that comes to mind is that they have written those letters. A file should be accumalated on them. The problem every one has is lack of money! If there was someone out there with some compassion and understanding and money than something would be done but the cost is high.
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   azazel di +1 Votes
Its the cheesy chessiest cheez-a-rito nacho cheese nacho fever!
Its supposed to be a math competition of skill but I can't find the "last years" tiebreaker examples. My entry asked "one bundle of $50 bills contains 200 bills. What would be the total value of 20 identical bundles? Check one box only:
∆ $200, 000 ∆ $1, 000
How lame are the answer options. You've got a 1:2 chance to chose one answer that is not even in the same time zone for a 5th grader! I'll bet this math contest that was created by a person who didn't even graduate high school.

SO i'm sending a picture of the money requested $9 dollars exactly!
(Check out photo below)