Wanted 24 hour pass and ended up with month's subscription and protection fees

I signed up for a 24 pass with INTELIUS for access to people search for a high school reunion.
I ended up with the fee for the 24 hours, 14.95; a month's fee, 19.95, and 24 protectionplus123 for 19.95.
None of these extra fees were clear on the original sign up.
When I received an email regarding my monthly membership, I called the number on the email immediately and cancelled the membership. They claim they never received that call.
This is a scam and I would like my complaint published to warn others about this scam.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

16th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Intelius Logo Intelius