logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
vacation rental partners
vacation rental partners marketing reviews scam
2. (15 mins ago)
dangerouslyeasyesl.com
The owner started to steal from me
3. (18 mins ago)
Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Insurance, King City, California Complaints & Reviews - charges deducted from bank acct

Insurance Contacts & Informations

Insurance

Posted:    virgi1024

charges deducted from bank acct

National Union Fire Insurance Co.
406 S. 3rd St Apt. A
King City, California
This the second time a debit has been deducted from my checking account for some kind of insurance I did not buy and on the first time the company name only showed accidental protection De Moi IA for $25.95 on 2-9-10 and again it shows it with the above mentioned company for $25.95 and my bank summary show as follows; check card purchase 2/9 WF NUF ACC PRO 04953190607 8005725848IA 486827 6809 041040008007019
MCC 5760 121042882DA 01 7. I called the 800 shown above and it is answered by (1) Insurance Services Center
(2)National Union Fire Insurance Co Insurance services
I don't know what type of insurance they speak of because I have not purchased any. Also there was another charge of $9.99 on 2-10-10 from it looked like the same company without all the number but from Iowa.
Please check this and have them stop charging me for something I did not order/purchase
Please contact me at 831-210-0604 when you find something out or if you have questions
Virginia Garcia
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Mar, 2010 by   woodyandso 0 Votes
Got the same thing. Apparently, my husband signed up for a free trial offer of supplemental disability insurance from this NUF Insurance co. through our bank (Wells Fargo), over the phone. For SEVENTEEN MONTHS we've been billed for this and he didn't even know we had it! I finally discovered it today and can't believe that we've paid out nearly $500 for something I never wanted, and we can't afford. Unbelievable!
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   uabblazers 0 Votes
I have had the same thing. Have either of you been able to get your money back? How so? Thanks!
 5th of Sep, 2010 by   Jill a. 0 Votes
Recently found 84y/o Mom has same problem. $34.20 taken out every third month? Called #888-449-4544. Found has been paying since 2006. She had no idea. No policy was found in her home. I was told the policy would remain in effect til age 85. Want to see if it would cover her disability for a broken hip in 2007. I asked for info. to be mailed to her. Don't have yet. I believe the offer came through USBank. Elective withdrawal from # NUF DIS INS 888; 0000886655-449-4544 4773743. Please give me helpful updates. Jill e-mail; jaclark0306@aol.com
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   Light_Angel 0 Votes
I had the same deduction from my USbank account. They are refunding my money (the bank is) and have already instituted an investigation against this company for fraud.
Sally in Phoenix, Arizona.
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   Betty Helpard 0 Votes
I notice that I had the same deduction from my checking account I did not elect any withdrawal from my account and I did not sign up for this NUF DIS INS.
How can I get a refund and how can I stop it from happening again. /////Betty in Asheville, NC
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   Betty Helpard 0 Votes
How can I get a refund and how can I stop it from happening again. /////Betty in Swannanoa, NC
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   Wpayton5599 0 Votes
This sounds like a scam! If you did not authorize charges, they can't charge your account. Contact your bank to challenge the charges!
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   GeorgeRW 0 Votes

Attitude - Insurance

The attitude of the staff on the phone was really disappointing.
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   yme386 0 Votes
I conta ted my bank and they ascertain that this is my fault. I do not understand how they can legally allow money to be withdrawn from my account without proof of authorization. I never gave the insurance co my account info and I do not know how they got it. I never even have my account info whenever I call the bank. This does not make sense and I cannot believe that they can get away with this. I have filed another complaint with the bank and the FDIC. I will get my money back one way or another. They say that the company had my ac number & routing # but I maintain that anyone that has a copy of a check can get taht info. I guess I can just simply get the info off my ex's personal checks and set up to have my utility & cell phone bills automatically paid!!! LOL This is ridiculous!!
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   Wpayton5599 0 Votes
That is insane! I wish you all the luck in the world with your issue. Make sure to file a complaint with the Department of Insurance of California as well.
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   ddstewart 0 Votes
Where do these freak companies get my personal bank info and start hitting me for bi-monthly payments of $29.95 each? So far, I've lost approximately $60.00/month since 18-May-2011...$150.00 that;'s been milked from my checking account w/o my knowledge, all because they were clever enough to do this crap in small enough increments as not to cause alarm or suspicion. If I had not been notified of being overdrawn on my account, which was from/because of them making a 5th attempt to steal my money, and it being returned due to insufficient funds. This cost me another $35.00 in bank fees! I have a meeting at my branch tomorrow morning to go over my past monthly statements t see if I have any other INSF fees or anything these jokers have caused, and I have filed a fraud report which is to have my monies returned to me within 7-10 business days...we shall see. This fake Insurance Company is in England / U.K...(guess they are still trying to get back at "US" for whipping their ass way back when...ha ha!)
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   ldmurphy2000 0 Votes
This happened to me up until August 12, 2013, when I finally caught this fraud and stopped it. Somehow Snuff HPP Insur 800-296-0244 got KeyBank to take $29.85 quarterly from my savings account without my knowledge. I'm going to try to get some of tis back. From other complaints, this must have been going on for several years, and the banks must be a part of it.
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   Cynthia B. Miller 0 Votes
They are taking 29.95 a month from my account and have been doing it for the past 4 years!!! They admitted that to ex husband when he called them the other day!!! I had already called them and was told they were updating their computers after asking what kind of business they were. I told them that updating computers made no difference as to what company was ripping me off!!! My ex nor I authorized these withdrawals and it really doesn't concern him as this is the account I use to raise my two daughters. They claimed to my ex that they were updating computers when he called so 2 hours later he called them back. According to what he was told First Citizens bank authorized these withdrawals without our consent!!! I WANT EVERY LAST RED CENT SWIPED FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS PAID BACK AND DONT TOUCH MY ACCOUNT AGAIN... EVER!!!

Money Transfer Scam