logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Bankcard Empire
Money invested with no return
2. (0 mins ago)
Ripoff

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Information Reporting Group, Langley, British Columbia Complaints & Reviews - A-41 form Prize Award Notice

Information Reporting Group Contacts & Informations

Posted:    mlawyer

A-41 form Prize Award Notice

PO Box 1500 Ft. Langley BC Canada V1M 0B6
Langley, British Columbia
Canada
Phone: None
Received the Form A-41 indicating a Prize Winning Notification of $2 Million. Asking to send a $20 fee to an address in Denver Colorado (Which happens to be "suite" or PO Box in a UPS Store). If you receive this letter, just discard it. It is a Canadian Scam. You didn't win anything.

Comments Canada Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Feb, 2011 by   julie bormel 0 Votes
got claim document from information reporting group try
to find out if its a scam about wining 2, 274.000 .
 14th of May, 2011 by   Wordchemist 0 Votes
Received the exact same scam as above today. The funny part is that maybe a month ago I received something almost identical to this, but it was postmarked from some place in Nevada (probably a trailer park in the Area 51 locale). One of the most blatant transparencies is the:

" As this matter is extremely time-sensitive, we request that you return the enclosed form B-41 (Official claim document) with the amount validation fee of ONLY 20.00 within the next 10 (ten) days, thereby ensuring immediate release and your 100% guaranteed access to the full prize/money directives."

Anyone that truly wins a lump sum such as this would never have to lose a dime to collect it. (Thats the IRS's job, and even they have no preludes or introductory provisions to impose before it comes time to collect.) And regardless of any of that, just shine the spotlight on the document itself which is riddled with the kind of discomposed prose that would be expected from a 10-year old as opposed to a high-powered professional.

So huge red light and don't respond to these people with anything other than a law suit or a double dosage of veritable, old fashioned Karma.
 17th of May, 2011 by   gaming04 0 Votes
Don't we have some kind of legal power if our kid get one of these letters?
 23rd of May, 2011 by   Mary Hollway +1 Votes
I RECIEVED THE LETTER, AND IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE CAN SIT AROUND AND DO THINGS LIKE THIS. I AM NOT SENDING THEM A DIME. IF IVE WON SOMETHING WHY DO I NEED TO SEDND MONEY TO GET IT. TAKE THE 20.00 OUT AND SEND ME THE REST. I CANT MISS WHAT I NEVER HAD. Mary H. from Durham N.C.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   Matthew1988 0 Votes
I got one myself. Yah these guys are joking. im sending it back empty and telling them to take it out of my earning. recieved almost identical a month ago from miami. so im doing the same! take the 20 out of my earnings:) my little bit of pay back
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   80s Baby 0 Votes
i won my earning. Im just joking i received the same two letters this is sad why does these things come thru ower mail system the workers at the post office are not doing there jobs i guess we can get anything thru the mail now an days just sad how people steal from the less fortunate straight breaking U.S LAWS
 17th of Jun, 2011 by   cleacarr 0 Votes
Received the exact same scam as above today. I am not sending them a dime. On back of this form said:
"We are an independent private research and reporting firm that publishes informational reports for a fee on available sweepstakes and contests that are open to the public for entry. Under USlaw no purchase is ever necessary to enter and win any sweepstakes and purchasing our report does not increase your odds of winning a sweepstakes or contest. This correspondence is not an award notification and does not suggest or guarantee that you have won or will win any prize, contest or sweepstakes you choose to enter..."
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   AMONTALBAN 0 Votes
i received the same scam letter almost every week..I never send them any amount of money. . .if ever i won this amount of money, why dont just take the $20 out of the said prize amount of money...those people should go out and look for a real job not like this scamming our money that we work for...that is so f...crazy.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   hotdonna 0 Votes
I got the same A-41 Prize Award Notice in the mail today. You would think there would be something that could be done about scams like this one. Can't we do a class action suit against these people. That way we really could win something maybe not $2, 274, 00.oo but something.
dsg
 5th of Oct, 2011 by   DLP71 0 Votes
I received the same letter. I also received a call from Sam, in Jamaica stating he was with PCH and that I had won and that they would be showing up at my door with the balloons and reporters!!! First though, I have to send them $3400 for insurance purposes. YEAH RIGHT!!! PCH does not request money and they show up unannounced to surprise you!!! There are so many scams out there it is rediculous and scary!!!
 13th of Oct, 2011 by   M.Hayes 0 Votes
I received the same exact letter today and the only way I am sending them $20 is if I can shit it out my ass. I wouldn't pay to receive money. Take it out of the winnings and send me the rest.M.Haynes
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   GW2 0 Votes
I received the same letter. I had a phone call from Florida that every time they called I had won a different amount. Then it moved to Pennsylvania. But had the same person calling and same prize.They would try to call me up to 15 times a day. I finally had my number blocked and they started calling from a different number. I called the police and they said there was nothing they could do. I finally answered and they wanted to know why I had my number blocked and I told them I was tired of talking to them and they have not called since. G W
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   frugal65 0 Votes
Why can't the post office do something about this SCAM from Canada? Anything I get from Canada I pitch into the GARBAGE!!! Money is too hard to come by for us working people to throw away even $20.00
 13th of Nov, 2011 by   Kimberly Honeycutt 0 Votes
I received a letter today and thought that how outrageous it was for them to ask for money if I won over 2 million. Why didn't they just take it out of my winnings and tell me that I won the 2 million minus the 20.00. People like that will get paid back for what they are doing to people. I hope that they get put in jail for a long time for doing things like this. I believe what goes around comes around. I'm going to tweet and put on facebook about these scammers so that all my contacts will be aware!
 14th of Nov, 2011 by   monkeyrock 0 Votes
I'm so happy there's sites like this to warn the public about scams. I just got this same Document today, November 14th, 11 and I was going to take a chance on it by sending the $20.00 they were asking for. Now I know this computer just made me money or saved me from spending money. Thank you for making this site.
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by   Dee 27 0 Votes
i got the mail requesting me to send $20 for validating over $2m I won, and try to know about them, though i know it was not genuine. all the same, this information was useful. thanks.
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   M. Austin 0 Votes
I received the same notice saying I won $2, 274, 000.00. These people should be a shame of themselves first for doing this to people in these times. They should be put in jail because they are using the postal service to deliver mail to defraud people. Times are hard at this moment for everybody and to do this to people should be a Capital Offence and to me should be called for Capital Punishment!!!
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   Ramelle 0 Votes
Capital punishment? Really? That's a little harsh.
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   velvetablue 0 Votes
We have received this as well, several times. Also, I'd like to point out that not everyone is as savvy as those of us on here as one unfortunate elderly individual I had the unpleasant fortune to learn about recently. This poor person got suckered in thinking he won some serious amount of money and sent most of his Social Security check to this scammer one month to "collect his winnings and pay the mandatory taxes" and then was told the following month that the IRS needed more money due to a "miscalculation" and he had to send it again, so he did. Then yet again, the scammer tried to prey on this poor fellow one more time but by this time, with the fellow not receiving any winnings and being hit up for almost all of his pay for 3 months running, he finally called the police. Now really, how do people sleep at night? Scammers should be absolutely ashamed of themselves! Folks work hard for their money at real jobs and those that try to get a free ride through life need to get that free ride straight to jail where they have to work their butts off doing hard manual labor the entire time they are in there. Blood, Sweat & Tears. That's my opinion.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   saylerbree 0 Votes
i got this letter from information reporting group1550 larimer street#311 denver, co 80202 and it was from canda address was po box 1500ft langley, langley bc v1m ob6 canda it is a fraud so don;t send no money they will take it its afraud people thank you i;ve been scram enough to

How to Avoid Being a Mortgage Fraud Victim