logo

2000000.00 winner

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Info Experian Direct.com, Kirksville, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - charges to credit card

Experian Contacts & Informations

Info Experian Direct.com

Posted:

charges to credit card

Kirksville, Missouri
I have a charge on my credit card for Info Experian Direct.com Info EXD.com CA - there is no phone number or any way to contact this company to let them know I do NOT want this service. I have a charge of 14.95 Jan 9 2010 and I tried to send an email but it did not go thru - no other way to resolve this unless I dispute the charge. This company I believe this is a rip off way of trying to get a free credit report. I do not believe this is the actual Experian Credit Service company doing this.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Info Experian Direct.com complaints
Info Experian Direct.com - Unauthorized Charges on Debit Card

Comments

15th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes

15th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
The number for this company is 1-800-388-8725. The same thing happened to me. I gave this stupid company my credit card info over the phone today to supposedly verify my account, but at least they finally did cancel the future charges. Of course I will immediately cancel my credit card just in case. It's def. fraud, and I'm def. reporting it. It's a new year, and I will not be taken advantage of by these moron companies who think we'll roll over because the charges are small. By the way, according to them I went on to the Free credit report.com website and signed up for a free 7 day trial. AS IF!! Good Luck. I hope your credit card company works with you on the dispute.

Laurie
 25th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
This company is a scam the same thing just happened to me. Clearly this is fraud! They were unable to refund the $14.95 in charges and were reluctant to remove my subscription. I want to kick them in the balls!
 29th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Absolutely same here!!! Thanks for the phone number. I hope I can get my money back. I don't even know how they got my credit card number!
 4th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me also and I don't know how they got my credit card information. Thanks for sharing the number.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me and I don't how they got my credit card information. Thanks for sharing the number.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened with me and I am pissed off! This should be illegal. The number worked, at least I think it did. They've been charging my credit card for a few months now and I haven't been able to get in contact with them until now. They claimed I signed up for the 7 day free trial, which automatically rolls into a monthly subscription if you don't call them and cancel. I never signed up for a trial or monthly membership. They are running a scam. Thanks for the number.
 16th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Info Experian Direct.com - Charging monthly my bank account without proper authorization

I ordered an credit report from Annual Credit Report to check my Fico score.

Info Experian Direct.com started charging $14.95 my monthly.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
friggen rip off!!!
 26th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I’m getting charged $14.95 every month on my bank account from “Info. ExperianDirect.” I couldn’t find any information on them by going to internet search and I called to Experian Credit Report agency and they give phone # 1-888-787-6864 and guess what; My house phone is blocked on there end I’m not aloud to call them for any reason. It’s a scam. Be careful people out there. I called from my cell phone there is another scam. I have to pay $9.99 more to remove these chargers off my account.
Web site is: www.numsvc.com
 1st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
For the experiandirect charges, call 1 866 369 0417. my husband did not read the "fine print" and got us roped into this $16.28 a month mess. I got through early in the morning to the experian # listed here and got it cancelled. Be sure to get the experian employee's name and employee # fir reference.
 1st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Called 18003888725 and was told they could not find my account information and asked for my social security number, which I refused to give them. They said they could not cancel the payment b/c they could not pull up my account but tried telling me I was a member and could log into my account via the internet. I have NO account and did not agree to become a member at any time. Called the credit card company and have disputed the charge to stop this payment. This company seems a little shady to me...how can you charge my account but not have my account listed in your system? UGH!!!
KMEG
 24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. Apparently I didn't see where I was 'enrolling' in their worthless 'fraud prevention' service while doing an annual free check of my Experian credit report. I can't believe I missed this! I disputed the charges and canceled the credit card they charged but I doubt I will get a refund--their entire business model for these 'services' is obviously founded on tricking people so I'm sure they've got a pretty good legal basis for making charges stick... Argh. If you look at their website at infoDOTexperiandirectDOTcom it's obvious that their entire 'customer service' organization is dedicated to handling people who have just discovered the charges and want out.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
Ditto all your comments - I am calling 866-369-0417 right now to get future charges cancelled. They are thieves as far as I am concerned, but I'm also mad at myself for not reading the VERY fine print...
 12th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had the EXACT same experience today as KMEG. They don't have numbers listed on their site. It's SOOO easy to sign up apparently but extremely difficult to cancel. I never signed up for this and am putting in a dispute of payments through my CC company and will probably file a complaint to the company. This is unethical on so many levels. They don't care about anything more than filling their pockets. Myfreecreditreport.com and experiandirect.com. Completely unethical, greedy men who care nothing for his fellow man. May God have mercy on their squandering souls.
 18th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Ditto. Just got off phone with them to cancel my 14.95 charges that have gone on for TWO YEARS. Thought is was a webhosting company I was using! They said they'll refund 89.00 but I'll have jump thru some hoops to get the full refund. I plan to report them to the Secretary of State in CA. They asked for sensitive info like birth dates and mother's maiden name, etc to "confirm" identity. I refused. Very suspicious outfit!
 21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
This company is a rip off the free credit report or the $1 report ends up being over $40 be aware do NOT use these people !!! I called to straighten it out and got a foreigner I could barely understand that did not help me at all.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am going through the same thing too. I called back in January to cancel after searching for 4 hours with my bank to find a phone number. I finally got through and received a confirmation #. Unfortunately, we are still being charged and they constantly ask for my cc# (which I refuse to give). Today, I called 2 numbers and the second time they lady I spoke with stopped the processing for me. I have to write their consumer complaint office to get the monies they have been charging me since January. They can only refund my account for last month minus the tax part, which I think is bs...
I will be reporting them to the BBB...
This is ridiculous how much you have to go through and numerous times, at that, to get everything straightened out.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I HAVE CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR INFO EXPERIAN DIRECT.COM INFO EXD.COM THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I DO NOT WANT THIS SERVICES I HAVE CHARGES FOR 14.95 AND I WONT TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES AND GET A CREDIT TOWARD MY CREDIT CARD.
 18th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow, well, I am the most redent patsy. I swear I didnt intentionally "enroll" in the free credit report, though I did complete part of the process. I am also PISSED at my Nordstrom bank for not taking action or being so oblivious to this kind of scam that they weren't able to look out fo their customers. This partnership is obviously not with me...it's with the money grubbing whores at Experian.

Foreclosure Freeze - What It Means, Why It Matters