logo

Goldah.com
Gold scammer
3. (19 mins ago)
Willowbend Environmental Center
I got bogus check from them
4. (25 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and cheating

Infinity Spas
infinityspas.net
Purchase of hot tub May 2008. At Empire Building Materials Leesport, Pennsylvania After about two months I noticed that it seemed the hot tub was loosing water. I at first attributed this to splashing, evaporation etc. On August 12, 2008 I noticed it lost several inches of water in a few hours, After removing the side panel it was obvious that the tub was leaking. Water was visually dripping under the hot tub in several places. After using mirrors and flashlights I finally spotted a crack in the hot tub shell where water was dripping. I could hear other dripping as well.

Call#1 August 13, 2008 Called Empire Building Materials (610-926-0500) and talked with a man, I explain the situation, he told me that it would be covered under warranty they would have a technician look at it and if he could not fix it they would get the factory involved. He said he will have the service person call me back. No one called.

Call #2 August 15, 2008 Called Empire Building Materials Sherry answered the phone, I explained the situation, She said she will call Bill on his cell phone and have him call me back.

Call #3 August 15, 2008 Bill calls back, I explain the situation. He describes several repair options, I express my concern that the hot tub is only three months old and leaks already. He agrees that I have a rightful concern. He explains that if he comes out I would have to pay for a service call and any repairs that he would do. He suggests that I call the manufacturer for warranty authorization.

Call #4 August 15, 2008 I call 1-877-897-7493 Infinity Spas After holding for 15 minutes I am cut off.

Call #5 August 15, 2008 I call Empire Building Materials I spoke with Cindy and explained the situation and asked if she could help. She said she would check into it and get back to me. She didn’t.

Call #6 August 18, 2005 I called Empire Building Materials and spoke with Cindy. She said she spoke with the warehouse and would have the technician Ryan call me.

Call#7 August 19, 2008 I spoke with the technician Ryan and explained the situation. He explained that it is $65.00 per hour for him to come out to check it, plus any repairs that he would make. When he found out that it is only three months old he said for warranty service I would have to work with the factory Infinity Spas. He explains that they are hard to get a hold of by hone.

Call#8 August 19, 2008 I call Infinity Spas after being on hold for 43 minutes I talk with a man named Scott, I explain the situation. He says he will have a technician call back. He doesn’t.

Call #9 August 22, 2008 I call Infinity Spas and talk with Debbie Cash. I explained the situation. She said she will put me in the computer and that she needed the serial number of the unit. In the mean time she will have someone get back to me.

Call#10 August 25, 2008 I call Infinity Spas and left voice mail for Debbie Cash containing the serial number of our hot tub. I asked for her to give me a call back with an update.

Call#11 and 12 August 25, 2008 Left two more messages

Call#13 August 26, 2008 I called Infinity Spas and left a voice mail message for Debbie Cash to call back, she didn’t.

Call #14 August 27, 2008 I called Infinity Spas and spoke with Anthony in existing warranty claims. I again explain the situation. He explains that someone will come out Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Call #15 August 28, 2008 Steve from Infinity Spas calls me back and asks me to take pictures of the damaged area and email them to This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

He also provides me with an incident number. I take pictures and email them August 29, 2008

Call #16 September 2, 2008 I call Infinity Spas I was on hold a long time and then was cut off. I call back and leave voice mail for them to call me back, they didn’t.

Call #17 September 4, 2008 I call Infinity Spas and spoke with David. He said he would look at the pictures and call me back in a day or two. He didn’t.

Call#18 September 5, 2008 I call Infinity Spas and spoke with Kevin. She said that she will pull the pictures and get back to me. She doesn’t.

Call #19 September 8, 2008 I call Infinity Spas and leave voicemail for a manager to call me back. No one does.

Call#20 September 8, 2008 I call Empire Building Materials and spoke with Rick Hartman and Sherry asking for their help. They said they would get back to me.

Call #21 September 9, 2008 I called Empire Building Materials talked with Mike. I explained the situation and gave him the customer number and incident number.

Call#22 September 9, 2008 I called Infinity Spas and asked for a manager, I was transferred to a mailbox that was not yet initialized and could not accept messages.

Call#23 September 9, 2008 I called Infinity Spas was on hold 15 minutes. I gave up and left a message for Debbie Cash to call me back with the managers name. She didn’t.

Call #24 September 9, 2008 I called Infinity Spas and talked with a man named Anthony, I asked for a manager and that I don’t be sent to a dead mailbox. I finally got Jason (Extension 134) identified as the “Center Manager”. Jason said they send the pictures to the local dealer to look at and if the hot tub is cracked they replace it. I explained that I can barely make heads or tails of the pictures so how are they going to get anything from it? He finally agreed to send out a technician and said he would call back within 48 hours. He didn’t.

Call #25 September 11, 2008 I call 877-897-7493 extension 134 someone picks up and says “what’s up?” when I speak they hang up. I call back to extension 134, no one answers and it goes to a message that says “this mailbox is not initialized and cannot take messages” I call back and use the company directory to find Jason. I am connected with Jason Henry, he explains that there are three Jason’s and that I want Jason Crawford. He transfers my call. Jason Crawford is confused and says that he had trouble finding a technician to check the hot tub. He says he will have someone call me tomorrow.

Call# 26 September 12, 2008 Bill Gallow calls me, and says he is not in the office but will call me September 15th to set up an appointment to check the hot tub. He doesn’t.

Call #27 September 16, 2008 I call Bill Gallows’ cell phone 484-955-9374 no one answers so I leave a message for him to call back.

Think twice before you purchase an Infinity Spa, I hope that someday this gets resolved.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Oct, 2008 by   Michael 0 Votes
WOW, nothing surprises me from these IDIOTS!!!

I have been doing the service for them here in Ontario, Canada.

They are always behind on there payments and when I told them they are being cut off because of this. They simply asked for all the Work Orders or SRO's back and sent them to another company! LMAO!! Yeah thats good business practice, stiff me from the service already done and farm it out to someone else to get stiffed!

Here anyone can email the owner,

His name is : David Hatley
EMAIL: davehatley@aol.com

Goodluck, I would return the tub.

Michael Iddison
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   Sara 0 Votes
Hey Michael! You probably didnt do your job right or they would have payed you on time, and it seems to me if you were a good service tech they wouldnt just give the job to someone else.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   James Baert 0 Votes
I have a Image Renew 631 I have been on hold for over an hour on one attempt. I use speaker phone and listen to the lame music while working in my office. I have never spoken to a person yet and all I want to do is order a replacement filter cover.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   bob 0 Votes
I HAVE HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH INFINITY SPAS. OUR STAINLESS STEEL JETS THAT WE PAID EXTRA FOR RUSTED. I CALLED INCREDIBLE HOT TUBS, WHICH IS WHO WE PURCHASED IT FROM. FINALLY THEY EMAILED ME BACK AND SAID I WOULD HAVE TO EMAIL INFINY SPAS. THE EMAIL ADDRESS THEY GAVE ME I WOULD GET A CONFIRMATION THAT THEY RECEIVED THE EMAIL AND I WOULD BE CONTACTD WITHIN 48 HOURS BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED. AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS I LOOKED UP INFINITY AND CALLED THEM. I EXPERIENCED EXTREMELY LONG HOLD TIMES OF 45 MINUTES AND MORE BEFORE ANYONE EVEN ANSWERED THE PHONE. THEN THEY INSISTED THAT THEY NEEDED THE SERIAL NUMBER TO ORDER THE REPLACEMENT JETS. I HAD ALREADY GIVEN THEM THEY TYPE OF SPA AND THE ORDER NUMBER AND SO ON. SO THE WOMAN TELLS ME THAT SHE ORDERED THE JETS AND THEY WILL BE THERE IN A COUPLE WEEKS. NOT SO. AGAIN I CALLED AND WAITED THE USUAL 45 MINUTES AND THEN THE PERSON INSIST THERE WAS NO RECORD OF MY CALL AND SHE MUST HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER OR SHE CAN'T DO ANYTHING. I TAKE OFF THE PANELS OF THIS SPA AND IT FALLS APART. IT WAS MADE SO CHEAPLY. NOW I CALL AGAIN WAIT ANOTHER 45 MINUTES TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE THAT IS SO CLUELESS. SHE TELLS ME THEY DON'T NEED THE SERIAL NUMBER AND SHE DON'T KNOW WHY THE WOMAN INSISTED ON HAVING IT. I TOLD HER THAT I WAITED ON HOLD FOR OVER 45 MINUTES AND SHE SAID THEY HAD JUST MOVED FROM TEXAS TO TENNESSEE AND BEEN DOWNSIZED. THERE WERE ONLY 2 OF THEM ANSWERING THE PHONES NOW AND THEY WEREN'T SERVICING THEIR OWN SPAS ANY LONGER. SHE HAD NO IDEA HOW TO ORDER THE JETS BUT ASSURED ME SHE WOULD. WELL WE GOT THE JETS BUT NOW THERE IS A SENSOR OUT AND IT WON'T DO ANYTHING. IT IS MID NOVEMBER IN THE MIDWEST AND GETTING COLD. I HAVE TRIED FOR 2 WEEKS TO GET IN CONTACT WITH INFINITY SPAS AND STILL HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WAIT ON HOLD LONG ENOUGH. WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE SINCE JUNE. 5 MONTHS AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THERE IS AN END IN SITE. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASE ONE OF THESE SPAS. YOU ARE ONLY ASKING FOR PROBLEMS, NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Karra 0 Votes
I heard that Infinity is out of business. They are telling people that they merged with a company in Tampa ( Tatum Manufacturing). I was going to buy a tub from discount spas direct and was told that I had to wait a few extra weeks for my tub to ship. My husband went by the company in Tampa ( we live in Tampa) and asked them if they were still honoring Infinitys warrantys since they bought them. He clearly stated that all they did was buy some of their assetts ( moldings, etc) but WILL NOT honor any warranty work. This company is bad news! Luckily we were able to cancel our order and purchased a tub from Tatum. Good luck to all
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Scott Phillips 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I bought my spa through SamsClub.com. I had a shell leak in one of my seats. Infinity setup a work order with a tech rep (Shawn's Spa Repair in Sonora, CA) and sent a repair kit directly to me. It took 3 months to get the kit. Now I have been waiting a month for the tech rep to come out to do the repair. He no longer returns my calls and nobody answers the phone at Infinity anymore.
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   spamovers 0 Votes
While Infinity is set to file a chp 13 David Hatley is running a new business Dreamwater Spas (a division of whirl-pool spas). You could try to contact some of there people in hopes of getting your stuff fix

For Sales Support:

2212 Buffalo Road
Johnson City, TN 37604
877-897-4793
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   todd collins 0 Votes
IN JUNE 2007 I PURCHASED A SPA FROM INFINITY SPAS. WHEN I RECEIVED THE SPA THE JETS WERE LEAKING AND NOT WORKING PROPERLY, IT TOOK THE PERSON THEY SENT OUT TWO WEEKS TO GET THE PARTS TO FIX THE HOT TUB. AFTER THIS HAPPENED I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE SIDE PANELS, PLUS HAD TO REPLACE 2 PUMPS ALONG WITH THE THREAD COMING OUT OF THE COVER .
NOW!! THE MOTOR HAS GIVE UP!! I TRIED TO CALL INFINITY SPAS AND HAVE HAD NO LUCK AT REACHING ANYONE.!! WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN OR TELL ANYONE ELSE TO BUY THERE PRODUCTS!! THINK BEFORE YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   John 0 Votes
I can help most everyone here. Please contact me to discuss your issues and I will direct you toward a solution.
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   perspa 0 Votes
Infinity spas and your intrest...
February 7, 2009
John:
I have a number of customers that have infinitys. Some of them were under warranty and had problems from day one. We were contacted by Infinity, and they sent out work authorizations, and some some parts, (mostly wrong ones ) but we have never been paid any of the labor for any of the work. We still await the correct parts and materials to complete some of the jobs.
Customers paid a lot of money for a product they thought was going to be a worthwhile, relaxing experience and have had nothing but headaches and junk since their purchase.
While we were waiting for parts to arrive for the work orders we had in progress, our labor was not paid. We remained in contact with the customers, and continued to try to achieve contact with several of the Infinity employees. Contact was never sucessful, and unless the customer opted to pay for the labor and parts out of pocket, their tubs did not get repaired. Some are still not repaired, however they have been winterized to prevent either any, or further damage.
I have no idea who you are, but if you think you have a solution to their challenges, I would certainly listen to what you have to say. If you represent Infinity, the Tatum Corp., or one of the companys they have branded, I can see how and why you might have an intrest in the outcome of the problem.
My e-mail address is perspa@aol.com
Thanks!
Perry and customers

P.S. : Some of the problems that the tubs have were known about before they ever left the infinity plant. As I was scraping some foam away from some leaks, I found where someone marked the leaks with sharpie, BEFORE the tub was sprayed with foam. Kool, Huh! Other little things like this are common throughout the quality of the entire units. I assume you have read the stories. You can trust more of the stories to be true than not, and there are a lot more that no one has heard about.
Later!
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   raa 0 Votes
I also had purchased an Infinity spa from Costco. Costco was great, Infinity was not. After three months of fighting with Infinity, they blaming the problems on us, we recieved a new tub. The second one has had less problems, but the same stories wrong parts sent, repair companies not paid, long holds, no returned calls! It is about time they go out of business. What a scam that the owner is now cheating customers under a new name thanks to free enterprise and the American way.
 17th of Feb, 2009 by   C. Jeffries 0 Votes
We bought our Infinity spa from Home Depot (12 months same as cash - such a deal! NOT). Now 10 months into the first year it is dead as a doornail - thank goodness for GFI! Infinity will NOT honor the warranty, will NOT return phone calls - you are on your own after shelling out over $4, 000. DO NOT BUY INFINITY SPAS!
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   abba 0 Votes
I AGREE THAT INFINITY SPAS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!. They are SCAMMERS and all deserve to go to jail. AVOID!!
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   abba 0 Votes
Does anyone know who will honor the warranty for Infinity Spas? I live in Canada and did not buy from Cosco. Unfortunately, I trusted the dealer (Wholesale Recreation) who sold me this hot tub on E-bay. Not only is Infinity Spas awful so is the dealer Wholesale Recreation. I would advise anyone to stay away from this dealer as they are just as bad as Infinity Spas. Excuses and no action!
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   cunningham 0 Votes
I have had very similar issues as everyone else I purchased an atlantis from infinity back in april of 07 and nothing but issues multiple calls to discount spas direct which had me speak with multiple reps from infinity it was getting so bad that discount spas was emailing the ceo of infinity and cc'd me in on the emails I then would get a call back from a rep but then they were unable to get someone to come to my home finally someone finally come out the rep from infinity told me to contact him he gave me his direct number when the installer come to inspect my tub he wrote down everything that was needed i asked to have him speak with the rep i was working with from infinity and the installer refused to speak do he didn't want in between the copany he was sub contracted through and infinity. about a week later i call and infinity didn't have an order for what was needed so i ended up contacting the company the sub contractor was going through they said they sent an email over to infinity but never got a work order to come out finally i get parts via ups from infinity then i had to fight for about 2 weeks to get a work order the same person comes ot and says wrong parts so he had to order more parts then again issues with work orders a week later i get more parts to the house 2 weeks later work orders recieved installer comes out still not all the parts. the installer calls a friend whome works for thermospas do apartently they can interchange though my issue was plumming issues. unfortunatly the persons friend didn't have parts that was needed so had to go through work orders again and someting else comes to my home following 3 weeks later the friend that works for thermo spas comes to the home and still not correct parts and he didn't have parts avil to exchange out. 3 weeks later i still have not got a call back from infinity so i call infinity looking for the gentlemen whom had finally been doing good in getting this done all of a sudden is no longer with the company so it was like starting all over from step one again. waited about a month without a call so i called them as well the company that infinity was working with and i get a great notice that infinity had filed chapter 13 and all warrenties were null and void. so i sent a msg and filed a complaint against infinity through the better business bureau. unfotunatly about 48 hours later get a msg back from them indicating company isn't part of bbb nothing they can do. therfore 2 years later i think i have used my hot tube approx 2 months at most out of 2 years horrible company to deal with will not purchase an infinity spa again nor will I purchase from the company that purchased them. i guess i got what i paid for. figured i would get a great deal on a good hot tub boy was i wrong. i personally think I should have listened to my father when he said to purchase one locally just in case of issues that may occur. I definatly got scammed over 6000 on this one.
 26th of Apr, 2009 by   gackball 0 Votes
I have been entangled in a long lawsuit against Infinity Spas. I was sick and tired of getting bullied over and ignored so I filed a civil suit. It is 6 months later and I am still dealing with the case. If anyone wants to know more, please feel free to contact me at gackball24@yahoo.com

Ill keep you guys posted.. Thanks
 6th of May, 2009 by   Sanders 0 Votes
Hi, Sorry to hear that, I am a dealer for infinity spas and i still can order some spas from them and they still honor the warranty on all the tubs i have ordered from them ... It may help you to get your money back ... dont give up !!
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   John 0 Votes
First off, no... I am not a representative of any of these companies... I just hate to see people get cheated.

Second, I have not been keeping up reading these pages, so I appologize for not responding sooner. I have only responded to emails I have received directly.

Lastly, if you have, or you have customers who have problems, contact me by email or by phone, see my profile, and I will assist you in achieving a solution ASAP.

Warm regards to all,

John

660-263-0984
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   Steve6964 0 Votes
Hey Sara - don't be an idiot - it's plastered all over the internet how much Infinity Spas and all their alias distributors have been scamming consumers, shipppers and service providers over the last couple of years. We bought our tub from Dreamwater Spas back in Oct of 2008 and what a mistake. Tub needs parts and no warranty and no one to turn to. Scotty Baker, sales rep who we bought the tub from still has email working as of Jan. 2010 - he must still be in cahoots with Hatley and anyone else involved in this big sham. Trying to get a curbuit board from him right now but he won't respond. I hope they hang every one of them.

I'd love to know of an existing class action lawsuit againsts these losers, I'm in. Please let me know.
 25th of Oct, 2010 by   Boryana 0 Votes
I just bought a used Keys Backyard Self Contained Spa that I fear is one of the Infinity Spa products. I suppose it will be the same kind of nightmare everyone seems to be having obtaining parts. Perhaps I should cut my losses and junk the thing now? I have not even had the chance to hook it up yet, and I need a cover. Does anyone know if the Dreamwater Spa parts are interchangable? I don't live very far from Johnson City, TN.

Overpayment Scam