logo

The Wonderful Wood Company London
Non Delivery, Refusal to give refund
2. (31 mins ago)
Anil Saini
anil saini fraud cheat scammer....
3. (57 mins ago)

Gas Billing

IGS ENERGY
Dublin, Ohio
IGSENERGY.com
I kept calling for the last 4 months or more inquiring why my gas bill was so high and they kept informing me that they are lower and guaranteed lower than NICOR GAS. After a few months and I am still struggling to understand why I was getting billed this much so I researched the internet if there were any complaints against them. I then found out that they charge me $.39 on every therm usage on top of what I am already paying for. I then called them and told them what I found out and for the first time, a guy named Cory told me (after all 4 months or more of calling) that I am no longer in a plan therefore is being charge the additional $.39 I told them I never received anything stating the additional charge else I would have dropped them right away. I kept getting Cory each time I called and being told that it is not their fault that I did not get the mail, that I should blame the postal office and complain to them. I informed them that if the consumer was not informed of the rate change, it would be considered bait and switch. I was then told there is nothing he can do for me. I then asked for a manager and was told, there is no one available at the time and I should just call back next week. Even if the manager is there, there will be no adjustment done. For some reason, he made it sound there was nothing I can do even if I did not get any notification that it is how I am being charge. The bill is not even broken down at all to show the surcharge. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide as $1000 in gas bills for 2 months if more than I can afford. See this link for my complaint.

Here is another link as well to see other complaints and where I found out about their surcharge of $.39 for each therm usage that I was not aware of.

Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Mar, 2009 by   jay -1 Votes
if you have a contract and they want you to pay a cancellation fee, just put your gas service in soembody else's name.this knocks them off your gas service immediately

IGS Energy is a SCAM, as well as the other natural gas suppliers.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   orchid 0 Votes
IGS is a scam. My bills are $200-$300 higher per month since I signed up with them. When I called to cancel I was told it would take 2-3 billing cycles before the change takes into effect and that depends how fast my utility company acts. Until then, I would be paying the same high rates. So I asked if they could lower my rate till then. Their response - by the time they make a rate adjustment account will be cancelled. They are a rip off.
 22nd of May, 2009 by   matt 0 Votes
For accurate information about IGS Energy and Natural Gas Choice please see:

9th of Aug, 2009 by   McCulloughd 0 Votes
Im having the same problem with a IGS. We just our first bill for almost $1, 000. I dont who to complain to. Everytime we call nobody answers. We live in ILLinois. Please help us. I dont know where to send our complaint.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   Small Business Owner in IL 0 Votes
Be very careful of this company...I signed on and received a lower rate than Nicor during the low usage months...the program ended during the high usage months and because I did not realize that I needed to "re-contact" them, they were able to charge me almost double the Nicor rate during the high usage months. I, too, ran into the issue of not being able to cancel the program quickly due to the "billing cycle" ploy they use. Be very careful with this company.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   buyer beware 1 0 Votes
Call 800-280-4474. Once you cancel, call again in 1-2 days to confirm the cancellation, and also call the gas provider that you would normally use.

Here is what I wrote about IGS Energy at the topix.com website:

I sent in an enrollment for IGS (says it will lock you in at .65 per therm) and then received the contract a week later. After reading through it, I could not get on the phone fast enough to cancel this scam. The rep I talked to "Tom" was rude and condescending and talked to me as if I were an insolent child!! He kept pressing me for further answers and I kept telling him to cancel it, until I finally had to shout "just do it!!!" and he said I shouldn't talk to him like that! WOW!!!

The contract is EXTREMELY confusing and the wording is very manipulative. I know what I'm talking about, I interpret policy for a living. Here are a few sentences of the 2 page contract that I outlined while reading the contract, and note the "other applicable charges" phrase, plus switching fees, cancellation fees. Makes you wonder why they don't offer this information up front with the enrollment card.

1. Due to the volatility of the gas market, IGS Energy reserves the right to discontinue this price any time before enrollment.
2. I am responsible for all charges assessed by the NGDC for gas transportation and all other applicable NGDC charges, which are not included in the price.
3...if I switch my service to another supplier or back to the NGDC, an NGDC switching fee may apply under the NGDC's tariff and the NGDC may charge a price other then the GCR.
4. For my convenience, I will receive only one bill, which will be issued by the NGDC each month and will contain IGS Energy's gas price plus applicable taxes and all of the NGDC's transportation and other applicable charges.
5...customers are sometimes terminated from the residential program either in error... Regardless of the reason for termination, in no case will the original term be extended for months that I was unable to participate nor will IGS Energy have any liability for any early termination... IGS Energy assumes no liability or responsbility for losses or consequential damages arising from items associated with the NGDC including, but not limited to, operations and maintenance of their system; any interruption of service; termination of service; or deterioration of service...
6. Any legal action involving this Agreement shall be brought only in a court of the State of Ohio sitting in Franklin County, Ohio or the United States District Court sitiing in Franklin, Ohio.
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   alansparks 0 Votes
I can explain all of the above for you easily. There's no scam if you know how to shop and are educated on the open market. Email me at sparmi5@aol.com, and I'll be happy to answer any gas supplier questions
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   tiggers 0 Votes
Very strange or just a good hustle! Be careful - When looking up IGS on IE you find BBB Ohio as first choice to check on IGS! I believe it is actually IGS's own posting disguised!!! I checked with my local BBB in Buffalo, N.Y. and they give IGS an "F" and state they ARE NOT part of te local BBB office!!
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   ResearchingEnergyCompanies.... 0 Votes
 7th of Nov, 2011 by   johnlori 0 Votes
I have had IGS for 7 years now and have never had any problem with them. As a matter of fact their customer service in the two times I have ever had to contact them have been more than helpful and courteous. I can't for the life of me understand why these people have so many problems with them. I for one will be using them most likely for quite some time.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   Woody2 0 Votes
Wow, thanks for the contract language you included. That shows me they may save you 17%(as they advertise in my area) for the first couple months, but they can drop that rate (and probably do) at any time. Thanks for your help Buyer Beware 1.
 4th of Apr, 2013 by   vboscaino 0 Votes
There is a lot of confusion in the market primarily due to the fact that many companies offer promotional programs (with varying terms and definitions) that make it difficult to do a true apples-to-apples comparison on a retrospective basis. That being said, most of the time, anyone in a no-contract monthly variable program typically has the option to take their business wherever they think they can get a better deal as these plans typically do not have any upfront fees, contract terms or termination costs. If anyone is considering exercising their consumer choice in evaluating and selecting an energy supplier, I would also highly recommend that they take a look at Xoom Energy. Here is a direct link:

Please let me know if anyone has any questions!

Vito Boscaino
614.571.9054
vitoboscaino@gmail.com
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   Mr.eugene 0 Votes
Oh boy where to begin? I have Igs for my gas and electricity and I haven't had one problem. I called in and re rated last week and drop my dpl rate from 6.89 to 5.89 per kWh. I'm starting to think that competitor suppliers are posting bull on here. Further more Igs is on the BBB and the rating is A+. What is wrong with you people?
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   Mr.eugene 0 Votes
I thought I'd mention that most of these Igs complaints are just copy and pasted from other topic forums. The only fault I can see is the consultant not educating the customer correctly. Other than that, I got nothing else to say on the matter.

Quick Ways To Save $1,000