logo

1. (20 mins ago)
Freelancer take my 888 dollars
2. (22 mins ago)
Freelancer.com
No support, impossible to reach them as well
3. (23 mins ago)
Freelancer.com
Account closed after milestone payment
4. (32 mins ago)
22-24 carat gold dust for sale
Gold Dust
5. (47 mins ago)
247-host.com
They didn’t provide services and stopped to communicate with me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

HughesNet / Hughes Communications, Inc. (HCI), Germantown, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Not a quality internet option

HughesNet / Hughes Communications, Inc. (HCI) Contacts & Informations

HughesNet / Hughes Communications, Inc. (HCI)

Posted:    ny152two

Not a quality internet option

Hughes Communications, Inc. (HCI)
11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown, MD 20876
Germantown, Maryland
Phone: 301-428-5500
hughes.com
HughesNet
Not a quality internet option.
Below is the detail for the parent company: Hughes Communications, Inc. (HCI) and for Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HNS) . After a large investment of my time on the phone with customer support and a larger monetary investment with what I consider to be an extremely over priced, poor quality internet option, I am sending letters of my dissatisfaction to the attention of the companies Executive Officers and Directors. It may be a waste of a couple dollars worth of postage to express my opinion, but it will satisfy me to know that I did not stand by idle and do nothing in the face of what many online have called questionable business practices. It may interest some of you to open the link on Hughes Communications, Inc. Investor Relations website titled "Code of Ethics".
I will keep my letters to the companies Executive Officers and Directors precise and respectful, while expressing my concerns about there products quality and functionality as compared to what they advertise. I welcome any feedback from those of you that have experienced HughesNet personally. It is of great frustration that a company targets those who have no other high speed internet option in the manner that they have. I hope this is of use to you in the wake of this company's lack of customer satisfaction surveys and the fact that they do not advertise any representation of the satisfaction of their current customer base to those would be new customers.

Hughes Corporate Headquarters
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876 USA
Phone: 301-428-5500
Fax: 301-428-1868
Twx: 710-828-0541
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hughes Communications, Inc.
Executive Officers and Directors >>

Pradman P. Kaul – Chief Executive Officer and President of
Hughes Communications, Inc. (HCI)
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of
Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HNS)
Grant A. Barber – Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Aaron J. Stone – Director
Michael D. Weiner – Director

Corporate websites:

Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of May, 2009 by   R Johnson 0 Votes
I signed up in August of 2008 for SEASONAL INTERNET SERVICE - the service (as this is a summer house) was seasonally disconnected on 12/15. I called today 5/18/2009 to get the service reconnected and was told that the billing for the interregnum of off-season internet service was not paid and I am to pay $835, then if I might, I can call and 'RENEGOTIATE" was the word the customer services operator used over and over to see what they might do to turn the service on. Never saw a bill, never an email, never a phone call - they have all of these contacts for me.

I am on my last cycle with these crooks - and will simply take them to small claims court. I would no sooner deal with these people than answer a "you have won the lottery" email from Nigeria.

Stay away. Johnson, Mt. Desert Island, Maine
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   WE POWERS 0 Votes
i live on an island off the gulf coast of fl.i switched from mediacom to hughes in hope that it was as quick as advertised, BUT IT IS SO SLOW THAT I CAN SHAVE BETWEEN INTERNET ENTRIES. KEP YOUR EXISTING SERVICE AND KEEP AWAY FROM HUGHES NET.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   not really a complainer 0 Votes
absolutely agree with all of the above and have this to share.
I've been a customer for over a year because I needed service and have NO option to get internet to my business. To get Cox or Qwest would cost me more than $45, 000.00 and as a small business...I couldn't afford the costs.
The service is poor quality... but what makes it even worse is the customer service. I am a very patient, kind person...but every time I call this company I want to punch someone!!! Every person you speak to is either in INDIA or PHILLIPINES. They can NOT make a decision or give you information if it's not on their script. They have NO idea who they work for, how to reach their supervisors or how to help. They have such thick accents, you can barely understand them and every comment from them is 'Okay?'...NO! it's not okay but your company is broken and doesn't care...

I just spent FIVE HOURS on the phone with 6 different people..and here's the amazing part...I was trying to UPGRADE my service. Yep...I wanted to GIVE THEM MORE MONEY every month and they couldn't figure out how to upgrade me. I was hoping an upgrade would speed up my connection...

Awful, awful, awful. Not one of these people could answer my questions about which package I should upgrade to...if you are thinking about using this company...get a carrier pigeon instead. Or learn smoke signals. You will have a more peaceful, pleasant experience.
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   HughesNet Sucks 0 Votes
HughesNet is quite simply garbage. I pay $74.00 a month and I cant even watch a video. Even simple webpages open slowly. No, I am not just some "disgruntled customer"-- "just the facts ma'am". The stated reason for its slowness is to "make it fair for everyone" so some people dont soak up a lot of bandwidth. This is plain bull. The reason it is so slow so to induce you to buy more bandwidth with what they call "tokens". This will be in addition to the monthly fee they already charge. I very well know this is nothing more than a scam, as I have also lived in the Philippines where extremely fast satellite internet internet is widely available. I had a company come out install my dish for free and payed $20 a month for lightning fast internet with the ability to hook 10 PCs up at one time. Watching Youtube videos was a joy and I never had problems of any kind with the service. In dirt poor Philippines from a Filipino company! But HughesNet, I suppose, just doesnt have that kind of fancy tech and are still trying to catch up with the dirt poor people of the Philippines. Or maybe they are just trying to get you to pay yet even more than $74.00 by purchasing their stupid tokens. Duh.
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   Wallynmu 0 Votes
4/17/2012
I have had Hughes Net since 2006. It worked fair to OK for about 4 years although not outstanding. Now at peak times it slows down dramatically. In the morning I have about 3500K download. As the day progresses it starts to slow down. By 7 PM it is down to as low as 26K download. Dial up speed is about 40 to 50 K. They have oversold the service. The satellite can not provide service to all the people using it. Customer service ignorant to understanding what is happening. They told me my system was defective. They sent out a service person here. The service person could find nothing wrong. The service is still terrible in the evening and weekends. Don't waste your money yet. They are suppose put up another satellite this fall. Don't hold your breath though. http://192.168.0.1/
 8th of Aug, 2013 by   Cotopaxi 0 Votes
DO NOT order HughesNet Voice service. Two weeks after receiving the hardware (ATA), I am still receiving the following error when I try to register the device: "Your order for HughesNet Voice Service has not been processed. Try again in a few hours then contact ["Support" center] with Code HSC004". After waiting on a cell phone on top of the mountain for over an hour several times I was told the they had no idea what the code was, could not diagonse or solve the problem.
Still waiting for that elusive "call back" following phone, email and chat conferences. Will start the tedious process of trying to cancel the service today. Oh, while waiting for someone to answer from their Non-Support Center, I was repeatedly advised to contact them on line where there was never any waiting. I tried and was timed out at various stages hundreds of times between Friday and Sunday evening. Worst "Customer Service" I have experienced in 60 years of dealing with service providers.
 20th of Jun, 2014 by   JH2014 0 Votes
Hughes net is the worst provider service I have ever had! They are crooks and their customer service is rude and talks in circles. their call center has so much background noise you cant even hear them. Charge horribly high fees for bad service and wont cancel your contract if you move to a place they can not provide to! They are not upfront, do NOT sign a lease with these people. You will never get anywhere. We moved to an apartment that would not allow service, they wanted to charge hundreds of dollars because they could not provide, as well as make us go up on the roof to get the transponder from the old house. When asked if they could send a technician to do so, they said no it was our responsibility, no provider has ever, ever done that. I would understand if you had to pay for the service call. They are rude crooks. I hope their board gets flak from all the bad reps.

Things You Should Never Buy New