logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Hobby King
I did not recieve the product
2. (21 mins ago)
Himalayan Cat Purchase
Barbara Redalia of Tuleburg Cattery
3. (23 mins ago)
Aqua Texas Inc
This is the worst water company I have ever had the displeasure of being forced to use
4. (26 mins ago)
Reliable Credit Servers
Bogus or SCAM
5. (42 mins ago)
ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India
Money2india: read this before you use the service!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Awful internet

Hughes Net
hughes.net
Unfortunately I've had this service for over two but I have no choice. (Well I do but). I'm running a eBay /web base business and dial wont cut it. The problem I have is that I pay $70.00 per month for browsing. If I wont to download any large updates I have to do it at 3am, and sometimes it hard to get up that early.

For the money I pay I only get 325mb per day and if and when I go over that my internet speed is less then 10k per min and I tell you you cant do any thing at that speed. I would try anything just for a better service. Its too bad they have me buy the short hairs and they know it.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Sep, 2008 by   Lillie 0 Votes
I have had nothing but problems with my email as well. To date I cannot get in and check my accounts. When I am in the formatting of the emails is so bad and broken that you can't read them. I have been trying to block unsolicited emails as well with no luck. I have over 300 spam emails in my box on any given day. I have made several calls to the help desk as well. I am really thinking about finding another provider although I am under contract, but this is not working for me. Hughes really need to make some major changes to its email system. I think we all are paying some nice money thinking we were getting a better service than dail up to find differently. It sad and we customers really deserve better than this.
 11th of Oct, 2008 by   Sherry 0 Votes
I totally agree with the Robby. We have 3 computers and 2 teens. They are on the internet a lot and we didn't realize that if they were on a little too much we would be able to do anything when we got home from work. It sucks! And like Ronny said, we are under contract so what can we do. I heard that Verizon has an internet that we can get out here in the country but now I have to wait til the contract is up. I hate seeing Hughes Net commercials now. They are such liars!!! That is why they have you do a 2 year contract. Beware!
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   wes moorer 0 Votes
we are a family of 3 ...1 son does on-line schooling ...1 is a teen with restrictions and Me (the father) does check mail and minor viewing. We apparently exceed our 'Free Space' (which slows down to nothing) even when we are ALL gone during the day w/work x2 and school for the other. Now dial-up is BETTER under these terms!!!...The good news -we have had it but for less than a week and already decided this was crap...and NOTHING like we expected. The teen was disappointed immediately when the tech told him he wouldn't be able to play real-time game with his friends!! Clue #2 as to raising red flags was that ALL business and support and complaints go to INDIA where people work for $2.00 per day ...Some Service.huh???...W in Rural Texas
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   Jpatrick1952 0 Votes
We have endured reduced or non-existant satellite services provided by HughesNet for a month. I have contacted their Technical services via telephone to reach a center in India. The first time said there was a problem with communications between the satellite and Germantown, Maryland. The second time they said I had a strong signal and it had to be a software issue. Never did they tell me what the transfer rate of data was. The third time I tried to contact tech support via their web page/e mail. Sadly I could not send it as service was not available. They sent me twoo surveys for the first time I used the telephone so I cut and pasted my e mail in the surveys. Yesterday (11/19/2010) I was called by an Indian. He asked if my service was better. I said no. It was intermittant still. Fails to work on a sunny day but is good in a snow storm. That is a question they like to ask. Is the weather bad? An easy cop out. I told him I was not going to pay for service I cannot use. HE HUNG UP ON ME! I had the satellite installed to get away from a phone line and very slow dial up. The usual dial up transfer rate was 19 KBS. The best was 26.5 KBS. As bad as that was, it was better and more reliable than HughesNet for $60 a month. A service call is $150. I will cancel my service and save the $150 plus $60 per month and HughesNet will lose a customer! And I will tell 10 people, and they will tell 10 people and word of mouth will get around that HughesNet is an inferior product with poor customer service.
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   majessa17@yahoo.com 0 Votes
My problem is they told me it would cost 99.99 to have the service turned on. i go and check my bank records and the took 169.88 out! now they only want to give me 57 back because the 99.99 was to pay the installer! hell thats their problem they should pay him not me! they lied and stold money from me and now they wont give it back! wht kind of shit is that?! im pissed!!

Avoid Auto Dealer Scams