Web Accelerator Error

I am typing this complaint on my father's dial-up. Need I say more. I spend a majority of the time waiting to get online as if I had the worst dial up company available. If everything doesn't run slower then molasses I can't get online. "Web Accelerator Error" I pay over 59.99 a month for nothing.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

HugesNet - Worse than dial up speeds for premium price!

When we first purchased their system it was satisfactory. We could expect upload speeds of 194 on the average and 775 on the download this was acceptable. Then after a 8 months we started having eractic speed tests finally we were told it was not our equipment or theirs except that their satellite was now over crowded so for 8 hours of every day we would be getting below minimum speeds because of every one on the system. They have no plans on a new satellite to ease the congestion and continue to sell to more customers. When will this stop? They wont purchase back the equipment we paid for only credit us a few months of the bill when you pay $70 a month for premium services but only receive 1/4 of what was promised seems like a slap in the face Think before you decide to believe them and their advertisements.
 5th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
It is slow as dial up was for me. I've had the system since 6/07 and it seems slower than ever. It was also difficult to get to someone that would help me actually correct my problems when it was down for days. They kept running test last time I was down....I wish it would speed up!!!
 7th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

HugesNet - Worse than dial up speeds for premium price!

Huges net boost of blazing fast internet the first two days my internet was fast. I could play videos download pics and send them to friends. Surfing was fun pages changed in a flash. My speed was 100kbs on the first day to day one week later 60kbs when they say up to 700kbs on home package this speed is not even close to what you end up with.
 11th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

doreen at least you got in. I have had hughes net for 3 weeks ans I have yet to get in to my mail because it refuses to let me in I have to call them because they continualy lock me out. It doesn't matter that I am using the correct ID & password. If I have one more person suggest that I put it in wrong or I am senille I think I will expload. Not to mention that they are now taking mail when I go to send it out of my yahoo e-mail and putting in hughes net where I can't get in I think this is illeagual. Also it is slower than molasses. I have only been able to get into my accounts once. Oh I thought that I would put my hughes net disk in and trouble shoot it myself. Guess what the disk pops up a little box that says it is not compatible whith my brand new DELL Inspiron 531,dual core wireles CP everything with it is wireless. So I am getting rid of them as fast as I can. Thank God I paid cash for it all. I wish I could sue them for all the trouble and aggravation they have caused.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have this hughenet for 3 weeks its slower then my dail up the install that was ssopose to be free cost me 125.oo then they pull moneny out of my bank accounnt that they wasnot sopose to this is a rip off be side wait al most 3 weeks for install i want to sue and i just might the installers rip up my yard and drive way
 26th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have Hugesnet thru Earthlink and my connection is worse than dialup. I have limited download and when I excess that I can't surf or do much of anything because nothing loads. I had a great dialup with unlimited downloads for a very cheap price. After several chats and an added cost on my phone bill, I finally found out about the limited download. I was always pleasant to whoever I spoke with but one hung up on me and two others promised to call me back and didn't. I am every unhappy with both Earthlink (tech help) and Hugesnet. Unfortunately, I live where this is the only satellite available to me.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

HugesNet - worst service ever
Walla Walla

I was told one price and it turned out to be four hundred dollars more because he had to place the dish in my back field. In the first place he was sub contracted for the job. A kid who did not even have a laptop to try the signal out. So I have the worst service ever. It is so slow and when I ask about somebody comming out and checking this problem I was told it would cost me. I think I am paying enough for what I am not getting already I will be dammed if I pay these people anymore money. I am about to have my attorney check this out and see if I can get out of the crappy contract. After all I have been lied to since the very start.
 21st of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
We have Hughesnet and it is absolute, utter crap. It is $81 a month for service that is worse than any dial up service that I've ever had. Don't even think of downloading because 81/mo only gets you 200 MB. Exceed that and you are punished for 24 hours by not being allowed to do anything online without timing out. Our satellite dish was installed and pointed directly at a tree by the technician. We just called about it to see what can be done and the foreigner who answers the phones (no native English speakers at all) said that he was being told to send a technician out but that would cost us $135. His exact words: "I recommend that you cut down the tree first." ...WHAT!?! So, I should just hop on outside and chop down a huge tree that was there when the guy installed the satellite?!?
 30th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
this is the worest internet service.Everyone is right your so slow and cant do a thing about it so have to keep fpr now but if i can iam gone I wouldnt tell my friends about this. Plus I think 60.00 dollares is to much for what you get
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
 17th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

HugesNet - Very unhappy customer

I want to inform everyone that HugesNet is a rip off. I am in for close to $400 already and I've been signed up for just over a month. I have been without service for several days at a time. The customer support is a joke as well. It takes me about an hour to complete a service call. The first service rep. is never the one to fix the problem, you end up talking to sometimes three or four people before they can make any sense out it.

Yesterday I had had enough. I had been down for two days. I was informed they would have to send me a new modem, which would take five to six days to deliver. That's when I told them I wanted to cancel my service. They are now going to charge me $400 to cancel my contract. But it's my responsiblity to package and send back the equipment. If I don't do that within 45 days I'll be charged for the equipment. They actually asked me to pull the reciever off of my sateillite dish outside and send it to them.

I am ready to sue them. If anyone has any information as to a class action suit in Florida, please contact me. K
 12th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
hughes net is pure crap, we have had them for close to 5 years and they are a joke, no americans to talk to, constant web acceleration problems, fap continually happens, only allowed 200 mb per day, probably more like 80, lucky to get online without a web acceleration error
this company is a scam and a rip off, we are going take the antenna down n go backto dial up, it truly is faster than hughes garbage!!!
 12th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
hughes net sucks they are the worst possible internet provider, it is good for someone 90 yearsold who cant use a computer anyway
for anyone else stick with your dial up, its faster !!!
 12th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
shitty service, crappy downloads, constant web acceleration errors, may as well get two tin cans tied with rope to talk
get the same response
 12th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
hughesnet needs to be sued for not providing service as advertised, if everyone got together and did a class action lawsuit they
would end up refunding the millions of dollars they rip customers off for service that doesn't work !!!
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I know complaining won't help change the service level, but I am really frustrated. I've had the service since 2005 because like many, it is the ONLY option for high speed. I've experienced the speed of cable/DSL - Hughesnet is like going back to 9600 baud modem. I run a design business from home and had to drive all over town looking for Wi-Fi this week just so I could send a client a large file. It took me nearly 5 hours to try and send a file under 1 MB today. Every other browser request gives me a time out error. This has been happening for weeks and I'm ready to stab myself in the eye. I had a technician out a few months ago and he told me that one of the satellites died, which means we're all crammed on less satellites... think they'd tell anyone? Nah. Dude told me to upgrade to the 9000 modem. Yeah, OK. In what this is costing my business, I might be better off having Verizon run me a fractional T1 or paying for the cable company to come down my road. Don't know if this will get posted... site will probably time out when I hit submit.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
After 4 years of constant Web Accelerator errors and hours on the phone with tech support, new modem, new software, "it's your computer", paying for techs to come to the house, I finally got a customer service rep say tonight, "I'm sorry, we do not guarantee speed during peak hours no matter what package you pay for and there's nothing you can do about it." I asked him what's the point of having the service if it doesn't work? He said, "It's just the way it is. I'm sorry." I wish I recorded it. No other options in the area I live and am about to look in to AT&T or Verizon. I'm tired of paying for a service that doesn't work. Anyone with experience with these two services and if they are worth it? And does anyone know of a class action lawsuit that is in existence? I'm mad and have been mad and want something done about their lackadaisical attitude toward their sub-par service and false advertising.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree this company is a joke, Cant even watch youtube without the fap kicking in and when it does it is even slower then dial up... I wish someone would use the tech on something like a cell phone tower, maybe then it would be better. I need to get a office and pay more money so I can get cable internet...

I just got the service 2 weeks ago and I am doing the 30 day money back on it... It is garbage.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

HugesNet - horrible internet service
Hughesnet Satellite Internet

I have Hughesnet Satellite Internet and it is very, very slow! I even upgraded to the highest upgrade and no better, just more money when it's already way above the cost that it should be! I went back down to $70/month and am way overpaying. It is better than dial up most of the time but then when I go on FAP (unFair Access Policy) for merely surfing the net, checking emails and downloading PAID FOR music and games. I get put on FAP often. I also use it for homeschooling. We are out in the country so have no options other than dial up and another wireless service that I will be trying Monday morning (10.12.09)..it's a local service and I pray it works!!! I would love to be rid of hughesnet once and for all!! The one downfall of living in the country. And hughesnet blames it's customers for being bandwidth hogs when we don't even use that much bandwidth!! ugh! And if you complain to them, they don't care at all.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with you completely. They also blamed me for being a bandwidth hog, since the bandwidth had to be shared among all users, but did offer me an upgrade, if I wanted to pay for it. Then they had the audacity to tell me that I was free to download as much as I wanted at 3 am. If they had told me that in the beginning, I would have saved myself $500. Definitely one of the drawbacks to living in the country.

Contact Us