logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
cashbackcat.com
Don’t buy from them – no cash back and fake promises
2. (5 mins ago)

HugesNet Contacts & Informations

HugesNet

Posted:    Doreen Caswell

Web Accelerator Error

I am typing this complaint on my father's dial-up. Need I say more. I spend a majority of the time waiting to get online as if I had the worst dial up company available. If everything doesn't run slower then molasses I can't get online. "Web Accelerator Error" I pay over 59.99 a month for nothing.
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Feb, 2008 by   Carol lee Beeks 0 Votes
To,

doreen at least you got in. I have had hughes net for 3 weeks ans I have yet to get in to my mail because it refuses to let me in I have to call them because they continualy lock me out. It doesn't matter that I am using the correct ID & password. If I have one more person suggest that I put it in wrong or I am senille I think I will expload. Not to mention that they are now taking mail when I go to send it out of my yahoo e-mail and putting in hughes net where I can't get in I think this is illeagual. Also it is slower than molasses. I have only been able to get into my accounts once. Oh I thought that I would put my hughes net disk in and trouble shoot it myself. Guess what the disk pops up a little box that says it is not compatible whith my brand new DELL Inspiron 531,dual core wireles CP everything with it is wireless. So I am getting rid of them as fast as I can. Thank God I paid cash for it all. I wish I could sue them for all the trouble and aggravation they have caused.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   thomas kranock 0 Votes
i have this hughenet for 3 weeks its slower then my dail up the install that was ssopose to be free cost me 125.oo then they pull moneny out of my bank accounnt that they wasnot sopose to this is a rip off be side wait al most 3 weeks for install i want to sue and i just might the installers rip up my yard and drive way
 30th of Sep, 2008 by   Paula 0 Votes
this is the worest internet service.Everyone is right your so slow and cant do a thing about it so have to keep fpr now but if i can iam gone I wouldnt tell my friends about this. Plus I think 60.00 dollares is to much for what you get
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   pissed off hughes customer 0 Votes
hughes net is pure crap, we have had them for close to 5 years and they are a joke, no americans to talk to, constant web acceleration problems, fap continually happens, only allowed 200 mb per day, probably more like 80, lucky to get online without a web acceleration error
this company is a scam and a rip off, we are going take the antenna down n go backto dial up, it truly is faster than hughes garbage!!!
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   pissed off hughes customer 0 Votes
hughes net sucks they are the worst possible internet provider, it is good for someone 90 yearsold who cant use a computer anyway
for anyone else stick with your dial up, its faster !!!
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   pissed off hughes customer 0 Votes
shitty service, crappy downloads, constant web acceleration errors, may as well get two tin cans tied with rope to talk
get the same response
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   pissed off hughes customer 0 Votes
hughesnet needs to be sued for not providing service as advertised, if everyone got together and did a class action lawsuit they
would end up refunding the millions of dollars they rip customers off for service that doesn't work !!!
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   VWilliams 0 Votes
I know complaining won't help change the service level, but I am really frustrated. I've had the service since 2005 because like many, it is the ONLY option for high speed. I've experienced the speed of cable/DSL - Hughesnet is like going back to 9600 baud modem. I run a design business from home and had to drive all over town looking for Wi-Fi this week just so I could send a client a large file. It took me nearly 5 hours to try and send a file under 1 MB today. Every other browser request gives me a time out error. This has been happening for weeks and I'm ready to stab myself in the eye. I had a technician out a few months ago and he told me that one of the satellites died, which means we're all crammed on less satellites... think they'd tell anyone? Nah. Dude told me to upgrade to the 9000 modem. Yeah, OK. In what this is costing my business, I might be better off having Verizon run me a fractional T1 or paying for the cable company to come down my road. Don't know if this will get posted... site will probably time out when I hit submit.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   ktyler 0 Votes
After 4 years of constant Web Accelerator errors and hours on the phone with tech support, new modem, new software, "it's your computer", paying for techs to come to the house, I finally got a customer service rep say tonight, "I'm sorry, we do not guarantee speed during peak hours no matter what package you pay for and there's nothing you can do about it." I asked him what's the point of having the service if it doesn't work? He said, "It's just the way it is. I'm sorry." I wish I recorded it. No other options in the area I live and am about to look in to AT&T or Verizon. I'm tired of paying for a service that doesn't work. Anyone with experience with these two services and if they are worth it? And does anyone know of a class action lawsuit that is in existence? I'm mad and have been mad and want something done about their lackadaisical attitude toward their sub-par service and false advertising.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   System Ghost 0 Votes
I agree this company is a joke, Cant even watch youtube without the fap kicking in and when it does it is even slower then dial up... I wish someone would use the tech on something like a cell phone tower, maybe then it would be better. I need to get a office and pay more money so I can get cable internet...

I just got the service 2 weeks ago and I am doing the 30 day money back on it... It is garbage.
 4th of Jul, 2010 by   DoreenJJ 0 Votes
What about the stupid threshold...you pay for internet but when you go out of your threshold it goes to dialup unless you pay them $10.50 to restore your tokens...

Mortgage Fraud and Addiction