logo

ROMANA WATER LLC
WATER
4. (38 mins ago)
Sears/Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator
Bad odor coming from back of unit when running & fan is on.
5. (40 mins ago)

Posted:    lizk606

emerald advance

H&R block
Kentucky
THIS BLOWS!!! i always have done my taxes at h&r block!! and since they started the emerald advance it has really helped out during the holidays!! now they so a credit check!!! thanks to the bank that they are dealing with! this is so retarted, why even advertise that you are eligible for a advance if you can not get one!! they need to put in their ad dont even try to apply if your credit is bad!!! who do we go to complain?!? this has put a damper on MANY peoples CHRISTMAS!!!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Nov, 2008 by   Christy -2 Votes
Absolutely. I have made two appointments now because their systems were down. I had to take off of work for this. After a week of hasseling with them, and costing me hours at work, I got in to get my loan. A loan, mind you, that I have received for the last three years. I was denied, even though I will be getting over 5, 000 back on my tax return. It is due to "credit issues". Well, if I wasn't having such a hard time, I wouldn't be in there with their outrageous interest rates to begin with. To make me even madder, there are advertisements all over the office saying "no credit check". Am I crazy, or does this make any sense to anyone?????
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   Alison -1 Votes
Same thing happen to me !!!WE got that advance every year but this one !!! Upset and miss lead !!!
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   Alison -1 Votes
We even got a letter telling us to come on in and get up to a $1000.00 not one word about a credit check I'm almost glad that we didn't get the loan if you did, that green card costs $ 89.00 that they don't tell you about!!! Plus $300.00 + in fees and then when you pay it back out of your taxes you pay another $300.00 + in fees.!%$#%#%$ So we are doing TURBO TAX for $49.00 bucks and keeping all our money this year!!! :}
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Kim 0 Votes
We have an appointment on Monday im hoping we get this loan my hubby has been layed off, we have crappy credit. but i figured if my sister was approved she has a bankrupcey that is barely a year old and her house was up for foreclosure but paid the money back so it wouldnt get foreclosed.so if she can get approved we should beable to. but i dont see how so many people are getting denined how are they even making money with so many people getting denined.im hoping we have a good outcome i have read so many people getting denined for this im not even sure if i should waste the time driving there to only get denined
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   YVETTE 0 Votes
Out of curiosity..
Where do you guys live?
..Because I went into HR Block, last night, here, in California, and I got my advance without ANY difficulties..
And I don't the best credit.. known to man!

So unless they are doing this to certain places/States, then, HONESTLY, there SHOULD NOT be any problems!
 15th of Dec, 2008 by   nautacloo 0 Votes
I've had my taxes done with h&r for 12 years and this year I went the day the emerald advance started and was denied. My reason for denial was too many car and house loans. Never had either my entire life. Always paid cash. Anywho my husband went and got it with all my info at another h&r office in another city. The H&R bank told me that they were having glitches with their computers and I could get mine redone at the office where my husband went. Well that office told my that once denied you cannot reapply. Sounds to me that they need to get their crap together.
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   fedup-in nj -1 Votes
This all sounds like a horror show. I just e-mailed H&RBlock corp. office a 4 page letter!! I too will no longer deal with them. the emerald card is a big scam. charged me fees which I did not owe!! been on the phone for over a month all different #' none of them know what the other hand is doing!! very Rude and unprofessional. along with their letter I am contacting the better bureau and the attorney generals office.
like I told them in the letter I stand on principle if even for one penny.
they can not continue to be unjust to the hard working person. go to their web site loge a complaint if everyone did we will be heard. www.
H&RBlock Bank. there you can email them direct. LET'S BE HEARD!

fed-up in nj
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   Sommery1116 0 Votes
I originally got denied in December when I needed the money for Christmas last year. In January, they called me and said that there was a glitch in the computer program, and some people were denied in error. I went in and sure enough I got approved. I'm going again this year and hopefully this issue is squared away. BTW: You don't have to have your taxes prepared by H&R Block to get the advance. Since they are touting this as a personal loan, they can't force you to pay with your taxes... I didn't. Even though they acted like I had to, I read in the agreement where it states that getting your taxes prepared by them is not a requirement to get the loan. I sent them a check in time for my due date and everything was fine.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   alphagarcia +1 Votes
There are no hidden charges when it comes to the Emerald Advance Debit Card. If you read your material that is given to you when you sign your life away, it tells you exactly how much they will charge you. I agree with the comments of the excessive fees. Here's an idea there is a $15 fee to withdrawl a lump sum, just take the $15 hit. By time you check your balance, take 100 or 200 here and there, the fees have gone far and beyond. Also the customer service department for HR Block Bank is not the same as HR Block. I have delt with both and the Emerald Advance Customer Service blows. They are NOT helpful and very rude. I wish Hr Block would do with the card. Unfortunately I don't think you have an option of getting a check for the advances. I definitely don't encourage anyone to get one unless you are in dire need of it. And no you don't have to go back to HR Block to complete your taxes, you just have to make sure your debt is paid by the due date so that you don't incur late payments or interest (like they don't rape you with the interest on the principal amount already!) I agree with some of the complaints, but most of the problems with the complaints are due to poor credit. They lies within the hands of the borrowers and the banks, not the people who do your taxes. Direct the complaints to the bank, not HR Block Associates.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   ladylee29 0 Votes
Stay away from the Emerald advance this year! We have been with H&R Block for ten years, and it seems to me every year their service gets worse. We were denied this year due to our "credit" with H&R Block Bank(Seems to me the fact they identify themselve as a bank is even a joke). Normally, a denial is not a huge deal, but in our case it has taken 10+ phone calls, 2 offices, 5 appointments and 2 weeks for them to deny us. I know that some of you will look at this and apply anyway, but I am telling you, it's not worth the pain of thinking that everything will be okay and finally being told it won't. Think about it this way: Is getting you and your family's hopes crushed even more in an already dismal holiday season worth it. I am furious and intend to file complaints with the state attorney general's office and anyone else who is listening. If you are still interested, think about this- H&R Block Bank has an entire department set up just to handle denial complaints.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   lumgal 0 Votes
They do not do credit checks!!! The only way you cannot get the loan is if you did your returns online with h&r block last year and not in the office! This is not true.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   Sandy Bailey 0 Votes
They did the same thing to me and this is a total scam!!
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   tyjonik +1 Votes
Yes, they do run credit checks thru Experian. If the info found there is not accurate, which we have found to be in a lot of cases this year, then you have to contact them. But even if you do that because you were already denied, they are not going to approve you because the info was to be corrected before you went in to apply. Yes this year they are tightening the reigns on who they issue the EA to. HRBB has lost a lot of money with people not paying back their loans as you say by going other places to file. We have a lot of people that admit that they couldnt afford to pay back the loan and they needed their full refund plus the loan to take care of bills, WALMART shopping, etc... Now a year later they are trying to pay it back. Had they just used HR Block we may not be doing this. So you can pretty much blame the people that have been taking advantage of the Loan that we provide. If we seee the same this year, they may stop advertising it altogether. We did not offer it to new clients this year, only returnees, and the above is correct. If you did not use the office for 2008 year, there was no way for them to connect that you filed with Tax Cut so you were denied. They are still trying to fix the kinks but dont bank on it. They are going to not be around after 1-14-09 so if you are still waiting dont hold your breath.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   makksgurl 0 Votes
i just want to know if i got the emerald advance line of credit in december and was approved is it possible that i could get denied for the RAL when i file?
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   brit03 0 Votes
I go to hr block every year, and i plan to go next week to get my loan... i have never ever had a problem with getting approved. where do all u people live? i have terrible credit and so do a coupld of my very close friends, and we all go there every year so that we can buy chrismas for our children... hr block has made the holidays a little easier for us...
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   anonymousgirl34 0 Votes
I am trying to go this weekend to get a loan and all these reviews are making me really nervous I am a single mom with 3 little boys and have no other option!! I do not have good credit either so I don't even know if I should waste my time and gas when I call HR Block and ask they tell me they run a light credit check what does that mean exactly does anyone actually know?!
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   cherrysis +1 Votes
I don't think them doing a credit check for giving out loans is "retarted" but paying 400 dollars in fees just to get some money a little early certainly is, especially if you're broke. Awesome money management skills people.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   nochristmasforus 0 Votes
I to go to H&R every year so that i can do christmas for my kids.I have gotten it every year for 4 years.this year i was denied because my income was to low, but i make more now than i did in past years.Now my kids are going to suffer because i dont have the money for christmas.I was told that they had changed thier policy. I feel like there is more to say but i am just to angry. I will find a new tax place for my income tax returnes this year
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   TampaTaxPayer 0 Votes
I just picked up my tax material...and had to pay this stupid company over $230 for their so-called efforts. A CPA had been doing my taxes for $85 (yes, a steal). I told the pro that I would never be back...and I hope some clients there and their staff claearly heard me. Absolute rip-off. TampaTaxPayer
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   Tayy 0 Votes
I'm not sure about the credit check but my mom got denied because she wasn't going to be getting $1, 000 back on her taxes. Why would this be a problem when she only wanted 350? Because they charge so many fees!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE LOAN because you end ip paying back at least what you borrowed, if not more.

Mortgage Scam