logo

Homeserve

Posted: 2011-08-12 by    mazdok

Scam

HOMESERVE
I called the insurance company (11 03 2009) as i have a leak in my kitchen and my neighbours roof is damaged because of it.

a plumber came out and had a look at it that day and says my trap under my sink needed replaced and wedged it in place with a tile until he could get permission from my insurance company to replace the trap.

my neighbours roof is still leaking and bowing and i called again on (19 03 2009) another plumber came out and put plumbers tape round the screw thread and says the trap needed replaced and would let me know if my insurance would agree to it being replaced.

i called again on this date and was kept hanging on the phone for over an hour listening to music and no one answered the call at all.

this number is a "hotline" number supposedly in my opinion if it is classed as a hotline number it should be answered before an hour.

i have been with this company for several years now and have insurance for the sum of £1000.00 internal plumbing and £2000.00 external plumbing.

every time i have tried to claim off my insurance they tell me that the problem i have is not covered by my policy.

this time i called back on (25 03 2009) and was told that the plumber that came out on the 19th of march had informed the insurance company that my plumbing was installed wrong.

if that is the case then why did the insurance company give me cover in the first place as it is the same plumbing that has been in the house since i bought the property, also when i took out the insurance no one came out to check my plumbing to say whether they would accept me as a client.which in my opinion should have been done as they are quite happy to take my premuim out the bank year after year but whenever any work needs carried out they dont want to honour any payment that should be met by them.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Tips for the Perfect Christmas Tree