logo
search

Homecomings Financial Complaints & Reviews - Cheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial Contacts & Informations

Posted:

Cheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial
Homecomings Financial seems to be in the 'business' of CHEATING people OUT of their homes based on everything I've seen written online... Scared me so much a couple of weeks age that I posted my complaint on a class action site and now have a law firm in NY interested in a class action suit against Homecomings. They are GREAT people at the law firm helping me personally so I won't (hopefully) lose my home to this FRAUDULENT company.

If any of you out there have any suggestions for help or know anyone who has/had problems with Homecomings. PLEASE have them post and/or email me ASAP, The law firm, Wolf Popper, NY is looking into CLASS ACTION SUIT against Homecomings Financial. You may contact me by using the rebuttal box below.

A CLASS ACTION SUIT will bring JUSTICE for those of us devastated by this company's underhanded fraudulent practices!! Thanks for any help!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
They are a bunch of idiots at homecomings. So in Feb they decided to tell me that I didnt have property insurance so they charged me an extra 200 bucks on my mortgage. Of course I see that and freak call my insurance company so they handle it great right payment goes back down to regular in March and April. Well May comes rolling around and it once again sorry no proof of insurance so they hike the amount back up. I call my insurance agent and she faxes them my deck pages and they received them almost 4 weeks ago. Go to pay my payment for June and hey guess what I now owe 200 more on my payment. Call Homecoming and they are like...Oh ya we have proof of insurance but all of us here are fucking idots so its going to take 30 days to go back to your normal payment. WHAT!!! R u serious...isnt there a little button they can press that makes it go back. These people are idots up there. I think everyone should just refinance with someone else thats what I'm doing. Oh and so I get back from a funeral the other day and I have a new letter saying I didnt pay my property taxes...Um ya I did you fucking idiots. I'm scared from reading everyones comments about their house being taken away. If these mothers keep messing with my they are going to deal with the Wrath of my father...THE DEMON MAN WHO SUES EVERYONE. I have had it with this company.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree Homecoming (GMAC) mortgage got to be the most difficult company to deal with. The loan i have with them was a interest only payment. I thought lock in for 10 years to my suprise it was only 2 years. The payment jump from $1475 t0 $2300 a month i am on the verge of going into foreclosure they also add my state tax into the payment which i never authorized that i am currently reporting there practice with the state attorney general please e-mail if you have any sucess story against them.
 6th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
"GMAC/ HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL '' I am sorry for all the trouble you people are having. I have read many of your e-mails. I too have had some difficulty with GMAC. I went to my bank a couple of years ago to inquire about a home loan they offered me a 5.25% loan. Then I started shopping around. Went to GMAC and told them what my bank had offered me, they said we will match that offer. I then found out that the bank would be selling the contract. Therefore I went with GMAC since I had financed two auto loans with them with out incident. That is when my trouble began. I had excepted their offer of 5.25% signed the papers went home. After a few days had passed I called to see how they were progressing, every time I called to speak to the originating loan officer I was told they were not in. One day I receive a call telling me to go to another office to sign the papers which I did. A short time had elapsed when I received a packet in the mail from HOMECOMES FINANCIAL. After reading over the papers I saw that the loan was not 5.25% BUT 7.25%. When I went into the office of GMAC to question this difference and to talk to the originator of the loan I was told that person no longer work their. When I ask who could help me ? Their was no one that could help. I found that strange but what can you do? While to shorten my store. I just found this page a couple of days ago. I hear and feel a lot of your pain, and do not know if any of the class action suites are progressing for you. But I do know that when the people unit, '' WE THE PEOPLE'' ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I know a attorney by the name of JAMES SOKOLOVE who handle class action suite. 1-800-741-7404. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has a collective interest in this matter. I should also mention another financial company by the name of ''AMERIQUEST '' THAT WAS BROUGHT TO THEIR KNEES.
 11th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I would like to join this lawsuit as well!

I applied for loan modification six months ago. They told me it would take about 4-6 weeks. This was before our loan would adjust. It took over 2 months for outrloan to be approved, but we never got paperwork for it. I called in three times every week since March 2008, and they said they said they are backed up, but it's approved and I can pay the full amount. It's been three months since then and I still have not received any paperwork and now they are saying my loan is in default and I'm incurring late fees and and escrow balance. Whenever I call in they say they are backed up and will leave a message with that analysis or the manager and never call me back! Please help me.
 18th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Homecomings Financial - Beware of them
www.homecomings.com

I submitted a bid for a foreclosed property in GA the agent broke his ethics code by not only telling me our bid was the highest but he also told me the buyers name. I am not only pissed but angry as well.. Be very weary of homecomings wrong doings.

I am almost positive it was the buddy system working and I think it was also illegal.
 20th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have a problem with US Homestead Protection Services out of Maitland, Florida has anyone else had problems?
 20th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Has anyone else had problems with U.S. Homestead Protection Services, LLC?
 20th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Has anyone else had problems with US Homestead Protection Services?
 20th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Has anyone had problems with Homestead Protection Services?
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Homecomings Financial - Predatory lending
922 arctic street
Lindenhurst
New York
Phone: 631-592-4231
www.homecomings.com

IF ANYONE HAS A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL PLEASE ADD US I CAN BE CONTACTED AT nitrofuel6@optonline.net They purchased our loan from the original bank my husband is very disabled they keep sending work sheets but do nothing when we send them back! PLEASE ADD US THE STORY GOES ON!!
 8th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have had problems with homecomings charging me late fees before my loan is due and i have had multiple accounts with them involoving the lack of home insurance even though i do have it i just dont know what to do. i got behind on one month payment and was going to send in part of the payment onemonth and part he next month and i was told they dont do that they only except full payments. they have made it so i can never catch up. they wont work with me and the call me all the time and send me foreclosure letters monthly, my loan payment is actually not due until the 16th but every month on the first i get charges a 118.00 to 220.00 late fee. when i argue they tell me this legal
 25th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Homecomings Financial - customer service
Georgia

I can not get anything but recordings. When I asked about my loan, they said if I had 5, 000 I could refinace, otherwise there's nothing they could do!f981
 25th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I strongly agree with everyone. I am interested in joining a class action lawsuit.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME TO DEAL WITH HOMECOMINGS MORTAGE COMPANY, IAM WORKING ON MY MOTHERS BEHALF AS SHE IS IN HER MID 70'S AND HAS BEEN TOTALLY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THESE CROOKED LENDERS.I WOULD BE MORE THEN WILLING TO DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE TO CLOSE THIS COMPANY DOWN, YOU CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE AT HOMECOMINGS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU THEY ONLY WANT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN WHEN YOU NEED THEM FORGET IT, BUT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY AND THAT IS GREAT, SOMETHING NEEDS TO GET DONE TO MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am also interested in a class action lawsuit against Homecomings. They have been screwing us just like everyone else. It amazes me, that with all the complaints listed here, that they are still in business. THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED. If anyone has any info. about a lawsuit against them, please e-mail me at pfloydis_1@yahoo.com
 12th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
unfortunately my family has been tangled with this stupid company which we did not have when we first bought our house.
Our loan was sold to them 6months after we bought the house this was in march 2004, we were fine until we started getting our payment statements and notice the interest went up (mind u we are first home buyers with no knowledge or help) we thought it was normal.
Then my husband was hit with child support from his 1st relation (which before people jump to comments he was paying (stupidly) cash) that set us back 1yr 1/2 which once we noticed we couldn't make payments on time we called homecomings but boy were we in for a hard surprise "They are BIG assholes". I spoke to their " loan counselors" dept. and all i got was attitude.
I finally them our problem and they gave me their opinion but not on the loan payment but on the child support (which i believe was a personal matter to start with).
When we called we were 2 months behind so we came to a payment agreement we had to send $3000.00 then the payment would be divided and added to the rest of the payments, this made our payment to go higher along with the interest rate. we got past that but then the rate kept going up and as much as we try it was impossible.
We kept calling, like most of you would understand we do not want to leave our home we have been here for 4yrs and our kids love their schools and their home but all we get it stupid people with attitude problems giving their 2cents about my private life. well recently we got caught again in their bull shit, our current payments are of $1, 875 and the lady I spoke to (which was to nice to be true) made an arrangement for us to pay $1, 955 which is still high but we can afford it and it was suppose to be for 6mth but we had to send in $2, 500 which we did and our 1st payment was not due til Aug. this happened in June.
We were relief to stop the foreclosure but it didn't last long after 2 weeks of sending the money and talking to them we get hit with foreclosure papers, I thought it was a mistake so i call again and to our surprise their (stupid) worker according to them "did not put in the paper work she just wrote it on the notes" is that stupid or what. so once more we go thru the bullshit with this pmsing lady ( mind u it was not our fault it was their stupid workers fault but as much as I tried to let them see that the more the lady got attitude). The result was sending $1000 more (total of $3500) and payments of $2876 for the next 12mths, that is so outrageous. we wanted to save our house and we thought that was our only option, well at least that was the way they made it seam. We went ahead with the arrangement but it is impossible to make a $3000 payment when my house is a single ranch family house with no basement and not attic. I have seen bigger houses that people are paying that kind of mortgage on (and that is not including escrow because they didn't but it in).
I have been very stressed because I know we can afford our house we just CAN'T afford homecomings, so I started surfing the web desperate to find a solution to save my house. I found a mortgage company by were i leave and gave me a couple of solutions, the first was to call homecomings again and ask about the FHA-secure which I just did a couple of minutes ago and all i got was a long wait on hold and a person, like always with very bad attitude.
So if you are wondering what was the out come well their answer was send in the payment then call back to see what we can do for you, boy that helped a lot don't you think? so yes am afraid that in any day our house will get a sale date and we will lose it because we can not refinance and they are being assholes in helping us, it's not like we don't have income to pay a mortgage, we do just not the one they are giving us and apparently we either pay or lose our house.
I found this site a little to late but still at least I got to share my story hopefully we and many of you find solutions to saving our home.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
OMG!!! I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN. I STUMBLED UPON THIS WEBSITE BY ACCIDENT AND COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I WAS READING. MY NIGHTMARE WAS THE REALITY THAT MANY OTHERS ARE LIVING TOO. AT LEAST NOW, I DON'T FEEL LIKE I AM SCUM OF THE EARTH, STUPID FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING THE FINANCIAL WORLD OF REAL ESTATE AND BANKING AND NOW I HAVE SOME INFORMATION TO PROVE TO MY HUSBAND THAT I AM NOT A FREAKIN' IDIOT. TALK ABOUT THE STRAIN ON A MARRIAGE, KIDS, YOUR JOB FUNCTIONABILITY (IS THAT EVEN A WORD?) BUT I WENT THRU THIS HELL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BACK IN 2003-2004. TO THIS DAY, MY LIFE IS STILL SO SCREWED UP BECAUSE OF THESE CROOKS. WHO'S REALLY GOING TO WIN AGAINST GMAC? NOW REALLY? OF COURSE, WITH OUT A DOUBT, I WILL ADD MY NAME TO THE NEW ADDRESS FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. EVERYONE WHO HAS OLD MESSAGES ON HERE SHOULD BE NOTIFIED AGAIN AND LET THEM KNOW THERE IS SOMEONE NEW THAT MAY WANT TO TAKE THEM ON. SOUNDED LIKE PEOPLE STARTING GIVING UP. WELL DON'T. WE CAN'T AFFORD TOO! WHEN PEOPLE GIVE UP, THESE BIG COMPANIES ALWAYS WIN. THAT'S WHY THEY JERK YOUR CHAIN BECAUSE THEY KNOW WE ARE ALL SO BEATEN DOWN THAT IT'S EXHAUSTING TO KEEP THE FIGHT! I CAN TELL YOU, I DID GIVE UP AND IT'S NOW BEEN 4 YEARS, AND WHEN I FOUND THIS SITE AND STARTED READING, MY FIGHT JUST CAME BACK. I WANT SOME KIND OF JUSTICE FOR THE HELL I WENT THRU. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM COLLAPSE! LET'S ALL SPREAD THE WORD TO FOLKS YOU KNOW AND HAVE THEM KEEP THIS COMPLAINING GOING AGAINST GMAC!

I WOULD WRITE MY STORY, BUT EVERYONE HERE HAS MENTIONED EVERY SINGLE THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME.

I DO WANT TO SAY, EVERYONE HERE IS A BRAVE SOUL FOR PUTTING YOUR PERSONAL INFO OUT THERE LIKE THIS. IF FEELS SO GOOD TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE GONE THRU THE SAME THING AND TRULY UNDERSTANDS. NO DEBT CONSOLIDATION COMPANY, NO FINANCIAL WIZ, ETC., CAN UNDERSTAND THE PAIN, HURT, EMBARASSMENT, CREDIT SHOCK OF SCUM THAT YOU BECOME. PROBLEM IS, WE ARE ALL GOOD PEOPLE I BELIEVE, WHO TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY BY FOLLOWING ALL THE ADVICE AS TO WORK WITH YOUR CREDITOR, PROBLEM IS, CREDITOR DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. NICE AND UNDERSTANDING NOW IS OUT THE DOOR. NO SUCH THING FROM CREDITORS. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY, AND NO ONE CARES IF YOU HAVE A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO "WORK WITH YOUR CREDITOR".

I AM SORRY, BUT LIKE MOST PEOPLE, I COULD LITERALLY SPEND HOURS ON THIS!!

TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU GOOD, PEOPLE. WE ARE NOT LOW LIFE'S, SCUM OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU ARE FEELING. WE ARE GREAT PEOPLE!!
 15th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i had homecomings financial also, which gmac took over, and am having a lot of trouble with them also, i was in a chapter 13, for 60 months, which my home payments, were also taken from my checks to keep them current, then when my chapter 13, was fininshed in april 2008. that same month i heard from them crooks, and they said i owed them for oct., up to apr. that they said they had not received payments, but i called the trusttee, and they said they were current, and would send them the papers to prove it, because now they're trying to foreclose on me too. i called and told them they were crooks, they even put fees one after the other on me while i was in chapter 13, which i told them that that was as illegal. something for sure need s to be done, because they sure are robbing people. if you only could have heard some of the things they said to me, you would flip. here anymore let me know please.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL ARE CROOKS! i AM INTERESTED IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT . PLEASE CONTACT ME
 25th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Please for the love of God will someone help us keep our home!!! About a year ago we fell behind on our mortgage. Mind you even this was not our fault as the bills we were receiving every month still stated one amount, our interest rate was increased which increased our payments. Yet our bills did not reflect this. When we received notice of foreclosure, we thought it was a joke until a realtor friend told us our house was up for sheriff auction. We called homecomings and agreed to a payment arrangement. My understanding of this arrangement was that it was for a certain amount, conviently, divided into 12 months. During the time that we were making payments, our interest rate and house payment have dropped twice to a total of over $100 dollars. Instead of adjusting our payment agreement, we were told to make the adjustment when the total amount was paid, at this time we were to resume our regular payments. Then, despite making payments via WesternUnion, in July we were told we defaulted on our arrangement. When I called, I was told they showed no payment for june and july. I was told to fax in my reciepts and my account would be credited. I did so and also made my august payment. Since then I recieved a payment agreement package and called again wondering what this was about. I was told after looking over my account that things did not get credited after my faxing in receipts and because of this my august payment was refused. During this phone call however, I was told that due to my change in interest, my house was now current and actually ahead, making my payment $20 less a month due to the credit. I called WesternUnioin to pick up my rejected payment and was told that it was actually picked up by homecomings and time stamped??? When I called homecomings to figure out the confusion, I was told that I was in foreclosure because they miscalculated my escrow by $2300???? How is that even possible? My property taxes are $1400 and insurance is $600...I'm at a loss. They also claim to have no record now of the august payment and when I argued the point i was called a f***ing c**t and passed on to someone who then hung up on me, all this on friday. Today I check my mail and find out my home is up for sale. When I call again I am told that my august payment was returned, (still westernunion says it was picked up by homecomings), and that I am in foreclosure but they are willing to put me on another repayment agreement for $1500 a month, $300 more than the original but can't tell me what I am paying for in this extra money and the joy is that my principle is only $60, 000.

This is only the most recent events. This has been going on for the last four years. It's always something, they didn't like my insurance company and insisted we go with theirs or default, they take our escrow payments and don't pay our property taxes? It's always something. I'm losing my mind!!! I don't know what to do or how to keep a roof over my kids' heads'. I see lots of people with the same complaints but I need answers. Does anybody have any???

Beware of Free Land Scam