logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Glowing Ski Fruitex
Unable to contact the seller
2. (22 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
Scam on Credit Card Application
4. (41 mins ago)
Concord Law school
Unjust JD program
5. (43 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Homecomings Financial Complaints & Reviews - Cheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial Contacts & Informations

Homecomings Financial

Posted:    Valerie

Cheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial
Homecomings Financial seems to be in the 'business' of CHEATING people OUT of their homes based on everything I've seen written online... Scared me so much a couple of weeks age that I posted my complaint on a class action site and now have a law firm in NY interested in a class action suit against Homecomings. They are GREAT people at the law firm helping me personally so I won't (hopefully) lose my home to this FRAUDULENT company.

If any of you out there have any suggestions for help or know anyone who has/had problems with Homecomings. PLEASE have them post and/or email me ASAP, The law firm, Wolf Popper, NY is looking into CLASS ACTION SUIT against Homecomings Financial. You may contact me by using the rebuttal box below.

A CLASS ACTION SUIT will bring JUSTICE for those of us devastated by this company's underhanded fraudulent practices!! Thanks for any help!!
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2008 by   Shamane Morgan 0 Votes
I am interested in joining the class action law suit. Please advise on who to call.
Thank you.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Shamane Morgan 0 Votes
I am very interested in joining the class action lawsuit. Please advise on who to call.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   Greg Petty 0 Votes
These people atr Homecomings are MONSTERS! Without the detail ( similar to all of the other complaints ) I was foreclosed on and had my home sold without even knowing it was happenening. When I finally was informed, by a fluke, my redemption period was already half expired. The " legal" associates, Orlans & associates, where "handling" the redemption. They kept both my attorney and me running incircles, blowing smoke up our butts...until the redemption period was at it's close. The final dollar figure that was provided had NO breakdown of figures or itemizations, just a lump sum. I paid this figure so I could keep my home, but with the screws they put to my credit score, a new mortgage will be very difficult to come by. Chase was interestingly enough involved in this " scheme" as well, they happened to have purchased my home at the sheriff's sale. Getting any information, specific or otherwise was just as difficult as it was trying to deal with Homecomings or Orlans & Assoc. My feeling is that they are all in this scheme together, primarily to snatch up these homes and to tack on fee after fee to offset the losses the incurred during their sub-prime mess. Even the Michigan state office of insurance and finacial regulation knows that they are all up to no good, but can only really take a complaint. It's tough to fight JPmaorgan Chase/ Homecomings Financial ( General Motors) but something has to be done to stop these4 corporate" Gansta's"...and sadly, this can ( and apparently is) happenng to anyone. If anyone can help direct me to an attorney in the Detroit area that has any experience or success in the Homecomings mess, I'd be most appreciateive of the info. There is a firm in DC, Mehri & Skallet who has a class actio going against Homecomings. Contact them if you's like to be added, I believe they are handling any state in this class action.
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by   CEASAR 0 Votes
HELP SOMEONE!

MY HOUSE WAS IN FORECLOSURE PROCESS. IN ORDER FOR ME TO STOP FORECLOSURE HOMECOMINGS ASK ME TO PAY THEM $10, 000 DOLLARS WHILE THEY REVIEW MY ACCOUNT FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION IN ABOUT 2 MONTHS . WELL I DID PAY THEM $10, 000.00. A DAY LATER I CALL THEM AND THEY SAID THEY DENY MY MODIFICATION. THEY LIARS, HOW CAN THEY REVIEW MY ACCOUNT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS?
 5th of Sep, 2008 by   Tanitee 0 Votes
Yes, my mother and I would like to join in on the class action law suit against Homecomings..Our loan had also been transferred to Homecomings and since that time its been HELL for my mother trying to reach a representative by telephone, fax, mail but no response..All we wanted to do was apply for a modification. Recently, we spotted someone taking pictures of our home and when we walked out of the house this person immediately jumped into a vehicle and drove off. Later, that evening we received a notice that we were 3-months past due on our mortgage and yet we have been faithfully sending our payments on time. Its a good thing my mother is on top of things we have receipts and bank statements showing the deduction from our checking account.
I knew something was wrong when our calls were not answered; that's when I decided to look them up on - line; and I am glad I DID...PLEASE HELP...Waipahu, HI...
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   scmahoney 0 Votes
Please let me join this class action suit!! email me @ shaniecemahoney@yahoo.com...PLEASE PLEASE im sooooo sick of this company!
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Jennifer Jewett 0 Votes
We have also been put through the ringer by this poor excuse for a mortgage co. We had an "arm" w/ them. When we initially got the loan, we were putting our house on the market. The housing market in Michigan hadn't started on its downward spiral to destruction yet. We, as well as, our realtor we were confident it would sell in no time. In our minds we would never see the int. rate go up (shame on us fer thinkin'). Well, here we are 4 years later in the same house unable to pay our outrageous payment. My husband took an otr job to keep up w/ the rising mortgage, which in the entire year of 2007 he was home about 24 days. After 3 years, enough was enough of that nonsense. We have 4 kids & we all needed him home. Fall 07' we called to inform them that our situation would be changing we needed help to do something before we couldn't afford our payments (which due to the "arm" was hundreds more than what it started). This was about 7 months before he came off the road. We didn't want to lose our home & had about run our family into the ground trying to keep it from happening. We asked about refi w/ them. They gave me a list of the ususal financial stuff we would need to submit, along w/ a valid credit card. When I asked why a credit card was necessary, he told me... If we were denied a refi nothing would happen as far as the cc was concerned. BUT if we were approved & we didn't accept their offer, Homecomings would charge our cc $500. Seems to me that's entrapment or something of the sort??? How can they do that? Then when a few jobs fell through, we were left w/o income for almost 2 months. We tried to work out partial payments. I was informed that we could send money, but if it didn't total one payment, the money, our money, would sit in their account until enough was received to total one full payment. We called several times & on most occassions it wasn't pleasant. Their employees were often rude & unwilling to work out any kind of solution. Until one day, we talked to John. He was so nice & understanding. He had us on the road to being ok. Then when we didn't receive the paper work that "John" said he would send. We called them again. Guess what, their records didn't show us ever talking to anyone named John. Their records failed to reflect most of the conversations we had. Of course, we didn't ask for his last name, rank, & serial #, so it was our word against theirs. We received more than 10 calls on some days from them wondering where their money was. We would go through the same thing every time. They would want our fin. info because they said they wanted to help us, ya know, give us some options. And when they would get down w/ their tally, they would tell us we had 2 options. Lower your bills or get another job. We no longer have any unsecured loans. So in the way of lowering bills, there wasn't any to lower, accept theirs maybe? Funny that was never an option. When they suggested me or my husband get that other job they were talking about, I would ask them how that could possibly be beneficial. We only have one vehicle. So, in order to get another job that would mean more payments like daycare for 4 kids, another car, more car insurance, gas etc...I told them I would have to be a mortgage co. exe. to swing that. At this point, I don't think there's a 2nd job in Michigan that could help us keep our home (that I had bought from my Grandma, a family home for over 60 years) & pay for all the other things that would arise from getting another job. I told them those weren't reasonable options & usually when I would start asking the hard questions like, why don't you have a hardship program? Why can't you lower our int rate like cc co. will do to keep the ship afloat, that's when I would get hung up on, transferred to people who didn't exist or were never in and my fav, being put into a menu sequence that would continually take you back into the same menu sequence, NO MATTER WHAT # YOU PICK! One night I was told to call the lost litigation dept. After talking to a woman I could barely understand for about an hour about our 2 options, I asked to speak to a manager. She was clearly frustrated because I wasn't submitting to their usual bullcrap they use to get you to give up, she was looking for a way out & couldn't wait to "transfer" me to a manager She hung up on me. I immediately called back & suddenly that dept was closed, so I called the main # & wouldn't you know, the cs rep that had just hung up on me in lost litigation answered the main line. Boy, was she surprised to hear my voice! Anne Frankly, I was surprised to hear hers too, cuz she was just workin' lost litigation. Think they might try to deliberately mess w/ you? They are!!! When I told her who I was she frantically "transferred me into their circular menu. After a few trips round the circle, hung up on again. Still they send corr. saying they want to help us in our diff. time. The last time I called I was told they couldn't just lower our payments because our loan was more than the property was worth. When I asked how that could be? When our loan began w/ them we had about $40, 000 in equity & in 4 years or $45, 000 worth of payments later & it's worth less than what we owe. she said "It's because the economy in Michigan is terrible. You should know, you live there.". She also told me basically it was our own fault because we are the ones who signed the loan. I agreed w/ her on that, we did sign the loan, but asked what about the appraisal co. grossly over valueing homes to make the #'s work & the mortgage co entering into loans w/ people they know couldn't afford them. I stopped responding because it is a complete waste of time. Our house went on the courthouse steps Aug 15 & sold for $33, 000 less then what we owed or about 75% of the loan. Guess who bought it, another bank (courthouse says US BANK, the letter I received was from GMAC ResCap, are they the same?). They wouldn't help us out by lowering our payments but would take a $33, 000 "loss"? And they say mort. co. don't profit from foreclosures. I think that is what they want from the start, foreclosure. They lie in wait for an opportunity to start foreclosure (all the while claiming to want to help but not before disaster hits, right after) & if it doesn't come, they make something up. We received a letter from the new bank, they say too they want to help, discuss all of our options. I tried contacting them, was able to leave one message & every try since his mailbox is always full & he hasn't returned my call from the time I was able to leave a message. They lie, cheat & mislead to make their world go round.They literally try to make you give up. And they are very good at it. How can one tiny homeowner fight a giant mortgage co. You can't, they say there is strength in #'s but I don't know if I believe that anymore. Look @ all the complaints and screwin' they're doin' & their doors are still open for business while countless homeowners have to close their doors forever.
 13th of Sep, 2008 by   Rohn Bertolas 0 Votes
Homecomings Fiancial the worst company in the world I hope they all go bankrupt these low life scammers I have dealt with these jack???s for 2 yrs and alot of hard earned money trying to get them to undo something that I had no control of. I'm finally hopefully will get my day in court with these theifs next month. There are so many complaints about this company I would think the government could do something. Maybe we should contact every news media and have these jack???s investigated.
 18th of Sep, 2008 by   Donna 0 Votes
I have read other's comments on this site and totally agree. It is a nitemare that will not go away! I am so tired of fighting a battle that just seems to grow.

I am in Louisiana. If anyone has found any recourse against this giant please let me know.
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   adriana 0 Votes
im having issues with them right now i owe june july agust and sept payments on my mortage i tried to make a payment last week and they told me they would not bec they had allready forwarded everything to foreclosure and i would not be able to pay bec if i did it would get returned please contact me !
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Kay 0 Votes
I could write a book on the hell Homecomings has put us through in the last 8 years. We have sold our home and getting out while we can. I advise you all to do the same. You will only see your mortgage rise. It will never go down. What they did to us was tell us we had money in our escrow and what did we wish to do with it. They gave us 4 options. We chose the option to apply it towards our next month payment. We called and did the check by phone for the remaining amount. Got our confirmation number and thought all was well until the next month. Went to make the payment and they would not accept it. Said we had not paid the month before (they lost the money). Then they found the money but said it was a partial payment so they could not apply. In the meantime they would not accept our current payment. We called them EVERY day until month 3 rolls around and you all know what that means. FORECLOSURE! They wanted 16K to bail us out. Where do they get their totals? I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and received instant results. They recanted their amount however they still have not removed the delinquincy from the credit report which was part of the deal. If it is not off by the end of this month I am getting an attorney. They are crooks who are not to be trusted!
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Mary Linkowski 0 Votes
VERY unhappy with Homecomings Financial's operation methods & VERY interested in class action. Please contact me!! M.L.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Melissa Morrow 0 Votes
I am in the same situation as all the people who are listed on this site with Homecomings Financial. I have found several more from my home town that are in the same situation as all of us. I have Been going through this for a year. Homecomings Told me to send them $2300 dollars by western union so I did. They rejected the money and never called me to say they rejected it. How I found out was they sent my house to be sold at the county court house. I had two hours till my house was sold to get ahold of homecomings to figure out what I could do. I talk with some one from Homecomings ... crying my eyes out. They stoped the sell but I had to send in more money. ...but for how long is the question. I need Help and advise. my email is tigermel25@yahoo.com
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   Angela Johnson 0 Votes
I was also with another company before homecoming bought them out and every since then I have had problems with my mortgage and it goes up and down several times a year and now they are speaking with foreclosure and I am a single parent and trying to do everything in my power to stop this from happening. Yes I believe that this is a terrible company and that we are in this particular situation but these people are greedy and crooked to the core.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   Leonard Wheeler 0 Votes
Hello, Homecomings forclosed on my home. I had a fixed rate mortgage and they raised my payment by $300, they said that they didn't charge me enough on the escrow account which seemed strange because the price of my taxes went down and my insurance didn't change and they even sent me a check last year for over payment on the escrow. I contacted them by phone and they said that there is nothing that they could do; So now I lost my home and my credit is ruined. It is so unfair, What is a person to do. Leonard Wheeler wheeler549@yahoo.com
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   CEASAR 0 Votes
HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL MORTGAGE A GMAC COMPANY, WORST BANK EVER, WORST BANK EVER! THEY CHEAT PEOPLE AND KICK THEM OUT!

JOIN ME IN A LAWSUIT AGAINST HOMECOMINGS. THEY CHEATED ME BY PAYING THEM $10, 000.00 TO STOP FORECLOSURE ON MY HOUSE, THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD REVIEW MY ACCOUNT FOR 3 MONTHS FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION, MEANWHILE I HAD TO MAKE MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF $2430.00, WHICH I DID.

BUT, THE FUNNY THING IS THAT AFTER I PAID 10K, I CALL BACK NEXT DAY. AND THEY SAID THEY DENY MY LOAN MODIFICATION IN LESS THAN 48 HRS, WHEN IT SUPPOSE TO TAKE 3 MONTHS TO REVIEW. THEY LIE TO ME. THEY LIARS, LIARS, LIARS!

I KNOW THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE GOING THRU THE SAME PROBLEM AND I WANT TO HELP YOU. SO, JOIN ME IN A LAWSUIT AGAINST HOMECOMINGS.

EMAIL-ME AT KINGS4669@YAHOO.COM
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   CEASAR 0 Votes
LAWSUIT AGAINST HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL MORTGAGE A GMAC COMPANY!

LETS ALL JOIN FORCES, TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

E-MAIL ME AT KINGS4669@YAHOO.COM
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Tori 0 Votes
OMG!! I am soo glad that I have found this site! I am too having soo many difficulties with homecomings. We were OFFERED a "fast track loan modification" We had not missed any payments just had gone out side of the grace period and had a late fee a few times. We decided that this would be a good thing for us as we were expecting our payments to go up with another interest rate hike, well they completely screwed us, our payments went into they infamous suspense account and was not credited until the end of the modification process, which at this point they were reporting us 90day past due.
I spent hours on the phone trying to reach someone to explain why they were adding $2500 onto our principal...that is what we were behind, is what I was told. We were never behind. I too got mysterious inspection fees ( I run a daycare out of my home..no one has inspected it) and then they best part when we felt backed against the wall and that we had to sign the papers for the mod. they sent us a bill for $2500 (was supposed to be $1500) and added $2900 onto our principal. I too was told that they wouldn't accept our payments once we feel behind after not being able to make the $2500 payment. I was told that they didnt' have to wait the 90days for us to get behind because we had just "came out of foreclosure" and that our account was going back there. We are now getting ready to file chpt 13...but I would love to find a lawyer that would take this case...I have all my docs. for the mod. and dates and times of the phone calls...even have been trying to work with HUD, but nothing! I dont' understand how they can do this to people...we werent' even behind when all of this started! so sad.
 8th of Oct, 2008 by   Tori 0 Votes
I wanted to let everyone know that I made a report with the Federal Trade Commision and they will look into things once they have enough complaints! So call and make a complaint, get them investigated...don't wait!
 9th of Oct, 2008 by   Charlesetta Sims 0 Votes
My daughter is going through much of the same thing that is reported in these letters.

What is the status of any suits against this company??

Six Energy-Saving Tips For Winter