logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
digimaxpro.com
Don’t buy from them – you will get nothing
2. (15 mins ago)
FOREVER 21
Management/Human Resources
5. (25 mins ago)
tel2name.com
I checked this website – the info was fault

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Home security

Posted:    Brian235

Recorded telemarketing call

Unknown
Recorded telemarketing call from 213-435-2146 received Oct. 6, 2009. Recording claimed I had been randomly selected to receive an award, later identified as a free home security system. I have received this exact same crap pitch from other numbers, totaling about five in the past two weeks, all at my work phone number. (Searching the other numbers through Google found other complaints, some on the same subject, some on other alleged offers.) The option to press 3 to have my number removed left me less than convinced that it would actually happen. This is probably a scam and most likely in complete violation of the law. Anyone who gets these calls should post complaints online so others don't get victimized and maybe the idiots running it will the hint and give up. There is no free award - these people are after your money. Don't give it to them.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Oct, 2009 by   jadairmichele 0 Votes
I received one of those calls and like a dummy I signed up. Now I'm stuck with a 5 year contract to pay close to $35 a month for a Basic monitoring system that I had a great deal of difficutly learning.
I thought I could combine their medical alert program with the house monitoring system...and it does...but the necklace is so heavy that my husband can't stand to wear it. In addition, the first time we actually had to use it it didn't work.
So now I am paying for two medical alert systems, each caosting 30 to 35 dollars per month, and the additional monitoring of the front and back doors is almost useless..It is too confusing to use. Keeping my lights on in my house has been a terrific deterrent to thieves in my neighbor hood
 8th of Oct, 2012 by   Home Security Telemarketers 0 Votes
We too have received calls from automated telemarketers claiming that the FBI reports home break ins in our area, and that we should hold to speak with representative to discuss home security system options. We have received this same call 4 times in the past week, and caller id showed 4 different phone numbers each time (including different area codes). I have pressed the option of "2", to have my number removed from the list, and to no avail. I even have pressed option "1" to speak to live representative and advised them directly to take my number off of their list, to no avail. I now had to file complaint on National Do Not Call List. It is harrassing to have this call as frequent as 4 times in one week.

Free ID Theft Prevention