Heritage Auctions

Heritage Auctions
I won an auction and the lot was a Yamaha electric guitar, decribed as an SG3000. I was not very familiar with Yamaha guitars, but knew that the SG3000 was highly collectible, so bid on it.
After receiving the guitar and doing some research, it didn't take long to figure out this was not an SG3000. I contacted the people at Yamaha and they said they do not know what model it is, but definitely not an SG3000.

I contacted 3 different people over a week and didn't receive any response. They were very quick to respond if it has to do with payment, but silent when it has to do with taking a misrepresented item back.
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
More Heritage Auctions Complaints & Reviews
Heritage Auctions - Unethical behavior

12th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
this company makes scams and frauds in all possible ways see www.hvsh.info

2nd of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I never received the items that I paid for and their response to emails is pathetic disdain.
 5th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Heritage Auctions is a terrible organization. Very arrogant people
 30th of Nov, 2010 by    -1 Votes
We regret that these clients had such a bad experience, and will work with them immediately to resolve all issues. Heritage Auction Galleries 1-800-872-6467 ext. 1150 or www.ha.com
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
We apologize this has happened and we would love to speak with you to resolve this issue. We have already tried to reach out to you today but were unable to speak with you. If you will please call us at your earliest opportunity at 1-866-835-3243 and ask for either Patricia or Diana and we will be happy to resolve this issue.

24th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Rob spoke with my wife and said I should call Diana. I've tried 4 times today and she is apparently gone for the weekend. Instead of continuing the phone tag, I left a message to have her deal directly with my wife on Monday. I will be out of town until Thursday.

17th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
Bought a coin through Heritage auctions.The coin was very poor in condition and quality even though it was presented as being PR70(highest available grading).Returned the coin.They agreed to return my money.Its been over two weeks and i'm still waiting for my check.
 9th of May, 2013 by    +1 Votes
They take forever to ship an item once you buy from them. Some dealers are trying to make a living. They should ship a lot faster once you pay. Some auction houses ship the same day you pay. Julien's auctions in California is worse. They take even longer to ship.
 22nd of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
i am bangladeshi.i am a coin colector.i am sell my coin.i have some coin, east pakistan(present bangladesh)1948-1969, british indian1862-1947, 1st time bangladesh coin¤cy.
 26th of Apr, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Remember, NO RETURNS, READ ALL THEIR FINE PRINT. They had problems with Heritage. I agree with some other posters here that they are indeed very arrogant. I guess there are enough chumps coming in the front door to replace the customers they are losing out the back door. If you feel you got ripped by them just search "coin auctions" in Google and have few click of their paid ads. That is a kind of vigilante justice against a large arrogant giant.
 2nd of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Called Heritage this mourning to talk about a auction. I have spent Hundreds of thousands of dollars with there company on coins. They have bump the price at auction close, extended auction which cost me $200+ more on a coin, and lied about money owed on payment plan years ago which caused me to never start a payment plan again, along with other customer service problems. All in all, I agree with the other reviews that they are a large arrogant bunch that doesn't mind losing good clients. They have enough chumps coming in the front door to replace good clients they have had for years going out the back door as the client review stated before me.
 18th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
Who knew "the world's biggest auction house" is a joke. I Consigned 15 posters to this "fine establishment?" and at the end I would of been better off with Ebay. They failed to bring in enough bidders, the bids were a joke. The service was impersonal and rubbish at best. Grey Smith and his group came off as salivating used-car sales people only interested in collecting their commissions. There should be good-faith and personal service present towards consigners at an auction house. Not here. They overstuffed the Signature Movie Auction with so much worthless junk, why call it a Signature Auction? I specifically requested all unsold items to be shipped back to me, what did they do? They sold them for lower price of course. Yes the customary, rare posters will sell for a lot of money but if you have a $500-$2000 poster you are better off consigning at some other place and not with the world's biggest and most worthless auction house.

Heritage Auctions Logo Heritage Auctions