logo

Bid4assets.com
Untrustable place
2. (30 mins ago)
LG refrigerator
Anyone who bought an LG Refrigerator has run into this problem
3. (1 hr 26 mins ago)

Hefty Complaints & Reviews - Poor quality of product and bad customer service

Hefty Contacts & Informations

Hefty

Posted: 2012-10-10 by    UnhappyCustomer10

Poor quality of product and bad customer service

Hefty
Purchased plastic Hefty cups. After package opened, found that some leaked. Threw out all with noticeable holes. Unfortunately, found another with hole later in stack. Found out when Coke dripped all over carpet. Spent my time, wipes, tissues to clean. Wanted to complain to Hefty. No phone number on package. Got number online. Phone answered by automated system with poor sounding English. Instead of sending coupon to replace, customer service wanted me to mail back product to them. After I used my supplies, soiled my carpet, wasted my cups that I paid a lot of $ for, they actually expected me to take a trip to the post office! And you HAVE to know they knew there was defective product. I'm sure others called when their beverages ended up dripping onto the floor (or table, or shirt, or ...). As I see it...

Strike one: Defective product
Strike two: No customer service phone number on product
Strike three: Deficient English for customer service combined with HORRIBLE customer service!

Lousy way to do business.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Oct, 2012 by   heath2011 -1 Votes
So you wanted them to take your word for it? When you buy anything it always says where to send defective item
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   UnhappyCustomer10 0 Votes
Mailing cups? That is usually reserved for electronics and more expensive items. However, YES, I would have expected them to take my word for it (that's basic business courtesy). Who really buys general household items expecting to have to mail them back to the manufacturer when they are defective? Nevertheless, if they had trust issues, I could have sent them a picture via e-mail of either the cups with holes or the carpet full of Coke. After the trouble their defective product caused me, I don't think it's fair for me to have to go to the post office on my dime (gas is very expensive here). Furthermore, they didn't offer to have my carpet cleaned or reimburse me for my expenses to clean it - or frankly didn't even care that their defective product soiled my carpet. They also didn't include a customer service phone number on their package (which seems wrong, doesn't it? - some people may not have an internet connection) and they have rude/uncaring customer service with poor English skills. Maybe if YOU purchased cups with holes that leaked onto YOUR carpet you'd be a little more understanding. Please keep in mind that I didn't even call when the first few cups leaked. It was just too much the second time around. And after the trouble their defective products caused me, I would have at least expected them to handle the situation better. Bad products & bad customer service. I've looked around and found that others have had problems with Hefty products being defective. Maybe that's why they don't include the phone number on the package - they don't want customers to call. When you do, they certainly aren't anxious to make it right. Again, maybe if YOU purchased cups with holes that leaked onto YOUR carpet you'd be a little more understanding.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   RegularsOfMy3cents +2 Votes
Heath is a site troll.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   heath2011 -1 Votes
If they took everyone's word for it they would be out of business...every time I buy anything in the store they offer a refund if you mail them the unused product...
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   Brendalong -1 Votes
You are so stupid for ordering the cups, go to Walmart and buy them unless you were trying to rip someone off like most consumers do.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   UnhappyCustomer10 +1 Votes
Dear Brendalong: Where did you get the idea I ordered the cups online? We purchased them in person at a store a few miles away. I didn't think we should have to drive all the way back there on our dime to replace them (again, gas is expensive here). It's pretty sad that your first thought is that "most customers" were trying to rip someone off - which would be the same as stealing. What kind of people do you associate with to assume that "most customers" are lying thieves? Despite your tone, I wouldn't call you "so stupid", but perhaps you could work on your manners & charity. If you were a customer of mine who had a problem with my product, I wouldn't consider you stupid or a liar or a thief. I would rather consider you a valued customer that I wanted to keep and I'd try to make things right. And I would accept you at your word. I would actually be sorry that my product was defective and caused you trouble.

Dear Heath2011: Again, they didn't have to take my word for it. I could have e-mailed them a photo as proof of the problem. As far as a refund, I could certainly get one at the store. However, in light of the damage done to my carpet and the cost of driving back to the store to return the defective product (again, gas being expensive), it seemed fair for them to send me a coupon to replace the cups. I can't imagine why on earth you find this unreasonable.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   foxygrandma -1 Votes
So how much do you get paid for keeping your house clean? You really should keep some kind of spot remover on hand, and instead of using expensive wipes, and tissues you could have used old rags or towels, and laundered them.
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   heath2011 -1 Votes
Let me get this straight...you wanted a coupon to replace the cups but you did not want to just take them to the store to return them because of gas prices...well if you took them to the store and returned them you could have picked up some more, instead you want to wait and stew for weeks on this coupon then you get it and drive to the store and get new cups? How does that make sense?
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   UnhappyCustomer10 0 Votes
ISSUE RESOLVED TODAY: I got a call from a supervisor at Hefty. I explained what happened and the supervisor agreed that it was not handled properly. He is sending a coupon to replace the defective cups. I consider this a satisfactory response and will consider the matter closed after this comment.

BTW, Heath2011, yes, I did want a coupon sent to me - NOT so that I could 'wait and stew' for weeks on this issue, but rather to allow me to discard defective product that's taking up room in my small house and replace it using a coupon - at my convenience - at a closer store. (Don't forget that the store of purchase is probably stocked with other defective cups from the same run at the manufacturing plant.) Gas prices being exorbitant, the store of purchase being located miles away, and considering that I do not drive a motorcycle or miniature car, I do not want to pay $2.50 in gas for a $5ish refund. You really find this unreasonable? Seriously? Furthermore, you must be an awfully skinny person with as much 'jumping to conclusions' as you do. Maybe you don't have anything better to do in life than "stew for weeks" over defective cups or leaving silly comments in response to posts, but I do. The company itself agreed this wasn't handled properly, so please let it go now. No hard feelings on this end. I wish all the best to you.

Dear 'grandma': Thanks for the housekeeping advice. You may think it's better to use some sort of cheap(?) spot remover and have to wash a load of laundry with sugary Coke than using a few expensive, disposable wipes (which cost maybe $.05 each), but I prefer my wipes. Thank you.
 28th of May, 2013 by   D.D. Larson 0 Votes
I experienced the SAME problem with Hefty brand red plastic cups, every third cup or so leaks. I only bought them once, and will never buy them again. I usually buy Walmart brand and never have a problem. The Hefty brand cups practically collapse when you pick them up, and you can feel the difference in mil. thickness between the two brands. Hefty's is thinner and poor quality - despite what their package claims for mil thickness it is either. A not what they claim -- or B. Walmart's are thicker than they claim. Either way Hefty, like all the other companies out there today, are sacrificing quality and losing customers to save a damn dime.

Few Tips How to Buy a Foreclosure