logo

Reliance Netconnect
Not closing the connection
4. (12 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
5. (21 mins ago)
paypermail.com
non payment of account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Healthy Back Institute or Lose The Back Pain, Gaithersburg, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - 'FREE' Book Scam with Unauthorised Credit Card Charges

Healthy Back Institute or Lose The Back Pain Contacts & Informations

333 Main Street -Suite 201
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Phone: 800-216-4908
losethebackpain.com
I responded to an offer from Rob Poulos's Fat Burning Furnace newsletter by Zero to Hero Fitness.com for a 'FREE' copy of the book 'The 7-Day Back Pain Cure' by Jesse Cannone. I did not subscribe to the newsletter, in actual fact I unsubscribed to the 'Free Trial' newsletter several days before the 30 day trial period was up. As a result they have stoped sending the newsletter via email, but began sending it via post and charging my credit card accordingly without permission!

The first charge appeared on my credit card statement on 28/2/10 being for a transaction of US $11.95 (Aus 13.72) on 25/2/10 for the shipping of the 'FREE' book. The second charge was on 31/3/10 for US $24.95 (AUS 28.11), transaction on 27/3/10. Then there was another on 30/4/10 for US $24.95 (AUS 27.80), transaction on 27/4/10. There was also another at end of May. I will be going to bank tomorrow to fill in form to block any more payments! Additionally I would like them to refund the unauthorised payments on my credit card immediately.

I would have responded much quicker, however, I don't actually have a credit card and was using my mums card. I have received no receipts or invoices - tho I checked their website today and tried to sign in. I didn’t even know I had an account; there was no mention of this in any correspondence with them. Once my password was reset, I could see the invoices listing all the payments charged. I tried to remove the credit card details to no avail! I have only received 2 newsletters, but have been charged for 3 as well. Makes the 'FREE' book very expensive!

I have attached correspondence with the HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE customer service department to the email I sent them which confirms when I unsubscribed. I did this via their email contact service as I live in Australia and it is not feasible for me to call their office.

If the unauthorised payments are not refunded I will look at taking further action.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jun, 2010 by   traker 0 Votes
After three days of emailing several contacts at the Healthy Back Institute I finally reached someone who was willing to assist me in obtaining a refund for the unauthorised payments charged for their newsletter. Additionally I have been correctly removed from their mailing list now (apparently).

They asked for confirmation as to how I had unsubscribed so they could ‘improve’ their customer service and prevent this kind of event from reoccurring.
I offered all the information I could to assist them in rectifying their system breakdown in the hope no one else would be unwittingly charged for something they didn’t want in the first place.
I am yet to receive confirmation of the refunded unauthorised payments on my (mothers) credit card.

I WILL, however gladly advise as soon as the confirmation is received.
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   traker 0 Votes
Unauthorised payments REFUNDED! Confirmation has been received from my mother’s bank that all three unauthorised payments have been repaid. Additionally, confirmation has also been received from Eva at the Healthy Back Institute that my account has been inactivated and no further charges can be processed.

My advice to anyone in this situation is to be persistent. Continue emailing or contacting the company concerned until you receive your desired outcome. Posting comments on online complaints boards such as http://www.complaintsboard.com and in as many chat rooms as you can also generates results – companies don’t like negative postings.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Eva4 0 Votes
Hi Traker,
Thanks for updating your posting.
I'm glad that you and I could come to a solution and that you are happy with it. As I mentioned to you opting out from receiving further emails from us does not stop billing and shipping of any monthly orders. In order to do that we need to be contacted to inactivate the membership that you have.

Again thank you for your updated posting!

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees