logo

$99 charge

HDI Company Store
New Jersey
Phone: 800-285-3696
I purchased a set of bamboo towels for $76.98. On my year end bank notice, I found a charge of $99 for which I made no purchase. Can I get that money refunded? How?
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jul, 2009 by   disembodied 0 Votes
YES! report it to your bank and tell them you want to file a REGULATION E DISPUTE. It may be OLD, but they may still be able to do something. 99 bucks is a big deal, this is better than nothing. NOW GO!
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   Jodi Peer 0 Votes
I found myself in the same situation. During my daily verification of our charges to our bank account I found a $99 charge from HDI COM. Upon an internet search (because I couldn't remember who or what this was) I found several other people were had the same issue. So I contacted The Company Store & explained I never received the $50 Visa gift card I promised or the information. They promptly gave me the # to Buyer's Edge (866-424-7100). To which I contacted them & explained to them the same info. Veronica my representative advised that I would be credited the $99. Make sure you document everything that you said & that was said to you, including name of person, time & date. It will help out your case if you have to go back to them again. Hope this has been helpful for anyone who reads it. God Bless
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   Bernard Z. Lee 0 Votes
We, too, check our credit card account, on line, regularly and found a $99 charge from HDI Co. I had to research the name through BING and found this page. We had ordered an item from the Company Store and had an account number and phone number. I called, spoke to an agent, who explained about something called a Buyer's Edge Program, which cost $99. When I told her we had not ordered such a program I was transferred to Customer Service, where an agent, Lucas, said he would arrange a refund to our credit card.
It is all very disconcerting and reinforces the need to carefully review credit card charges.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   Not Happy one bit 0 Votes
Thank you, thank you for this information! I just found this on my credit card statement, and am not happy! I had no idea what this charge was, and googled it, found your page. Very helpful! I will be demanding a refund tomorrow. I will never order anything from the company store again. I had ordered just one item, months ago, and have no idea what this $99 charge is about. Shame on The Company Store for being associated with HDI whomever!
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   janelex 0 Votes
Just found same charge on my credit card bill after ordering one item several months ago. Tried calling the number but they were closed. Disputed the charge on my bill.It is outrageous that this is a common practice of The Company Store.
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Not Happy one bit 0 Votes
Strongly agree!! I got a refund after calling them and disputing the charge on my credit card, as well. BBB should make them stop!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   AaronRDailey 0 Votes
I was just charged out of my bank $202.95 today from The Company Store out of NJ and I have never heard of this place or bought anything here Thank god I noticed it right away Wells Fargo immeadiately notified me due to the charge This is crazy !

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees