logo

Kafaa
riverwood university
2. (4 mins ago)
www.megatechnologies.co.nz
They took money and haven’t provided help with my computer
3. (4 mins ago)
www.megatechnologies.co.nz
They didn’t provide any help or support regarding the computers
4. (6 mins ago)
www.megatechnologies.co.nz
They didn’t provide any services
5. (8 mins ago)
Usell.com
Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Handyman Club Of America, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Lifetime Membership RENEWAL?

Handyman Club Of America Contacts & Informations

Handyman Club Of America

Posted: 2012-02-25 by    podritenow

Lifetime Membership RENEWAL?

Pennsylvania
Ok, I have been a LIFETIME member of this club for over ten years...It has been awhile since I recieved my bi-monthly LIFETIME Handyman magazine.
I just got a postcard today saying they have not heard from me in a while and I quote "If you wish to continue receiving Life Member Benefits, we need to hear from you"!

First off, why do they need to hear from me? I signed up for a lifetime of benefits. Secondly, I recently moved in the last year AND UPDATED my information on the club website, so in essense THEY HAVE HEARD FROM ME QUITE RECENTLY.

So, fearing to lose my membership, which has to be completely illegal, I went to the site and did what I needed to do. The thank you message stated that "My account has been REACTIVATED"! So they are telling me the deactivated my lifetime membership because "they have not heard from me in a while"? How about you try and contact me first before you just deactivate something I have paid for?

I am really getting sick of these companies offering LIFETIME or UNLIMITED products only to try and screw you down the road!
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2012 by   Freeman W. Snell 0 Votes
I agree with you 100%. I paid almost $300.00 for a lifetime membership, and now their asking for $24. for a dues renewal. This had better been a mistake. or they can forget about anymore more from us. Also we will advise anyone else to not fall for this advertising from Handyman. supposedly invoice #LRKBD7946. We would like a response from Handyman in Hopkins, MN
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   Freeman W. Snell 0 Votes
Would like this problem corrected by the Handyman Co.
 5th of Jan, 2015 by   C Van Den Heuvelk 0 Votes
I also have a Life Time Membership and have not received my life time subscription magazine since the beginning of 2014. I also have not heard a thing from the Club. Why did I pay a Life Time membership fee if I don't receive any of the benefits. I live at the same address and have the same e-mail as I did when I subscribed however I don't use the e-mail service much. What do I have to do to get my benefits from Handyman?
 21st of Jan, 2015 by   Mike Wakeland 0 Votes
I also have a Life Time Membership and have not received my life time subscription magazine for a number of years. I contacted Handyman Club of America numerous times over the last 1 to 1 1/2 and was told that my account is still active. My response is always the same, then why am I not getting my magazine. I am always told that I will receive the next issue. Now they only except emails no phone calls, lost that personal touch have we. I also have not heard a thing from the Club in a long time. Why did I pay for a Life Time membership? I have news for you Handyman Club of America, I am going to plaster your lying thieving ways everywhere I can until you refund my membership fees or until you are out of business. If any lawyer is willing to help me collect damages for membership fees, an incomplete set of books and whatever else, my Name is Mike Wakeland and my email is mwakeland@live.com.
 24th of Jan, 2015 by   william lee bex 0 Votes
its been 14+years since i bought/ordered anything from handyman of america.today-01/24/15, i recvd a collection notice 4 $74.i am confused on why i got this!can't get a answer online or by phone!!if i owed anything, it would have been paid off 14+years ago!!!
 21st of Feb, 2015 by   Bill Amstutz 0 Votes
I recently started to get the mags again. In late 2005 I was laid off and became homeless for a while, when I got a place again it took a few years to convince them I am a life member who will not pay for something that is already paid for. Now I have changed my email address and gave them several notices and they still won't take the hint.
 21st of Feb, 2015 by   Bill Amstutz 0 Votes
Email from this site goes to the spam box.
 2nd of Apr, 2015 by   Randy L. Hurley 0 Votes
I also am a Lifetime Member since 1996 and this is the second time this has happened to me. My magazine stopped again around a year ago and I was told when I joined that I would be able to test tools and other products. A "Life Member" since since 02/1996 and have never received a single tool to test! Way to treat your members!!!

Consumer Financial Protection Agency