logo

delay fund transfer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Handyman Club of America, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Lifetime Membership RENEWAL?

Handyman Club of America Contacts & Informations

Handyman Club of America

Posted: 2012-02-25 by    podritenow

Lifetime Membership RENEWAL?

Pennsylvania
Ok, I have been a LIFETIME member of this club for over ten years...It has been awhile since I recieved my bi-monthly LIFETIME Handyman magazine.
I just got a postcard today saying they have not heard from me in a while and I quote "If you wish to continue receiving Life Member Benefits, we need to hear from you"!

First off, why do they need to hear from me? I signed up for a lifetime of benefits. Secondly, I recently moved in the last year AND UPDATED my information on the club website, so in essense THEY HAVE HEARD FROM ME QUITE RECENTLY.

So, fearing to lose my membership, which has to be completely illegal, I went to the site and did what I needed to do. The thank you message stated that "My account has been REACTIVATED"! So they are telling me the deactivated my lifetime membership because "they have not heard from me in a while"? How about you try and contact me first before you just deactivate something I have paid for?

I am really getting sick of these companies offering LIFETIME or UNLIMITED products only to try and screw you down the road!
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2012 by   Freeman W. Snell 0 Votes
I agree with you 100%. I paid almost $300.00 for a lifetime membership, and now their asking for $24. for a dues renewal. This had better been a mistake. or they can forget about anymore more from us. Also we will advise anyone else to not fall for this advertising from Handyman. supposedly invoice #LRKBD7946. We would like a response from Handyman in Hopkins, MN
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   Freeman W. Snell 0 Votes
Would like this problem corrected by the Handyman Co.

Rental Cars: 5 Tips for a Better Deal