Handyman Club Of America

Posted:

Lifetime Membership RENEWAL?

Pennsylvania
Ok, I have been a LIFETIME member of this club for over ten years...It has been awhile since I recieved my bi-monthly LIFETIME Handyman magazine.
I just got a postcard today saying they have not heard from me in a while and I quote "If you wish to continue receiving Life Member Benefits, we need to hear from you"!

First off, why do they need to hear from me? I signed up for a lifetime of benefits. Secondly, I recently moved in the last year AND UPDATED my information on the club website, so in essense THEY HAVE HEARD FROM ME QUITE RECENTLY.

So, fearing to lose my membership, which has to be completely illegal, I went to the site and did what I needed to do. The thank you message stated that "My account has been REACTIVATED"! So they are telling me the deactivated my lifetime membership because "they have not heard from me in a while"? How about you try and contact me first before you just deactivate something I have paid for?

I am really getting sick of these companies offering LIFETIME or UNLIMITED products only to try and screw you down the road!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree with you 100%. I paid almost $300.00 for a lifetime membership, and now their asking for $24. for a dues renewal. This had better been a mistake. or they can forget about anymore more from us. Also we will advise anyone else to not fall for this advertising from Handyman. supposedly invoice #LRKBD7946. We would like a response from Handyman in Hopkins, MN
 9th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Would like this problem corrected by the Handyman Co.
 5th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also have a Life Time Membership and have not received my life time subscription magazine since the beginning of 2014. I also have not heard a thing from the Club. Why did I pay a Life Time membership fee if I don't receive any of the benefits. I live at the same address and have the same e-mail as I did when I subscribed however I don't use the e-mail service much. What do I have to do to get my benefits from Handyman?
 21st of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also have a Life Time Membership and have not received my life time subscription magazine for a number of years. I contacted Handyman Club of America numerous times over the last 1 to 1 1/2 and was told that my account is still active. My response is always the same, then why am I not getting my magazine. I am always told that I will receive the next issue. Now they only except emails no phone calls, lost that personal touch have we. I also have not heard a thing from the Club in a long time. Why did I pay for a Life Time membership? I have news for you Handyman Club of America, I am going to plaster your lying thieving ways everywhere I can until you refund my membership fees or until you are out of business. If any lawyer is willing to help me collect damages for membership fees, an incomplete set of books and whatever else, my Name is Mike Wakeland and my email is mwakeland@live.com.
 24th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
its been 14+years since i bought/ordered anything from handyman of america.today-01/24/15, i recvd a collection notice 4 $74.i am confused on why i got this!can't get a answer online or by phone!!if i owed anything, it would have been paid off 14+years ago!!!
 21st of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I recently started to get the mags again. In late 2005 I was laid off and became homeless for a while, when I got a place again it took a few years to convince them I am a life member who will not pay for something that is already paid for. Now I have changed my email address and gave them several notices and they still won't take the hint.
 21st of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Email from this site goes to the spam box.
 2nd of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also am a Lifetime Member since 1996 and this is the second time this has happened to me. My magazine stopped again around a year ago and I was told when I joined that I would be able to test tools and other products. A "Life Member" since since 02/1996 and have never received a single tool to test! Way to treat your members!!!
 20th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Paul Adling Member 30038889
12161 Euclid Street
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Also I have been in the hospital for most of last year and did not receive even one magazine!!!
One pissed off master life member
 25th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also have been a life member of the Handyman club of America since 1996. I have no idea when the last time I heard from them or received a magazine. I know it's been several years. I tried calling was informed by operator that 800 number was disconnected. What do I have to do to start getting my magazine again.
Member #30185533
ANOTHER PISSED OFF LIFE MEMBER
 1st of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am also a lifetime member #301743389 8 and has not received a magazine for over a year or a test product ever what can be done about this club taking your money and giving no service.
 11th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Lifetime member, I also stopped receiving the magazine, so I emailed them. I was told that it is no longer a paper magazine. you have to have internet to get the magazine online now. So I asked if they are going to pay me so that I can have internet. I have not received a response yet, but I just sent it today.
 12th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
12 august 2015
I also are a lifetime member of HANDYMAN CLUB. The last magazine I received was Feb mar 2014 issue NEIL DOYLE #3ooo7858 Never happened when Larry was editor
 16th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Also have not received the magazine since early 2014. and also no response from the company. lifetime member since mid 90's
Now you say it's only available as an e-zine??? sign me crabby carpenter! wife saved for nearly a year to buy me the membership.
She will be soooo unhappy when I tell her; and she doesn't take kindly to being swindled. Frauds and miscreants! all of them and now they have done their dirty deeds to not just me, but my darlin.

Contact Us