logo

ITT Technical Institute
Think twice
2. (11 mins ago)
Protection One
Stay away from Protection One!
3. (13 mins ago)
Ocean Beach Club/Goldkey resort
Timeshare week forfeited because of missed maintenance payment
4. (13 mins ago)

Hallelujah Acres
Address unknown
Phone: Number unknown
hacres.com
A year ago, my mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She bought into these people's claims that they can cure cancer with their diet. Crazy as it sounds, in the beginning I was on board with her, because I love and trust Mom very much, even though I knew something wasn't right. She is growing progressively worse very quickly, instead of staying the same, or even getting better. I called them people above, and I suppose I should rephrase that, in order to be a person you have to be human first, and they don't qualify. Mom may very well die soon, and it is because of these people, and their Founder, George Malkmus, that I will lose my Mother at 25 years of age. They claim to be Christian, but it is my fondest, and most sincere wish that they burn in Hell.
Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jul, 2011 by   BM@#$ 0 Votes
I agree that the diet is good for your health but everything in moderation and not excess. I got the book and to be truthful I did feel better when I eat healthier, but to buy into the fact that you will never get cancer or anyother ailment while living in this sinful world would be just stupid. Many men claim that they have a cure for this and that but in reality they dont. Yes eat healthier and you might live longer in truth. But as for a total cure for cancer and other things no. It might help but not cure it. I will be praying for anyone that is sick and hurting.
 26th of Jul, 2011 by   BM@#$ 0 Votes
It isnt because of them that your mom is dying it is because of the cancer. She made the choice to follow what these people wanted, not you not them, her, she made this choice. I will say yes it is wrong that they mislead people.
 7th of Oct, 2011 by   Diann Lynne 0 Votes
Fanaticism is a dangerous and ego driven abuse of power over those who are sick and scared, . Unfortunately there is nothing more resistant to change than a Spiritualized Ego, convinced of it's own importance. My sister survived ovarian cance twelve years ago with only surgery. Her diet is not especially healthy as she cooks old Southern style meals, she is grossly obese and God has her here for a reason. God is the only healer. We can and ought to care for our bodies, but in the end, God decides when and how we return home. Bitterness and blame will only rob you of the joy you can still have with your mom. Let no day be invested in bitterness. Have your mom talk to God quietly and believe with all your heart she can heal. I love you. My cancer is stage four, I have lived four and a half years beyond the predictions and I am always expecting a complete recovery.
 7th of Jun, 2013 by   ElizabethFL +1 Votes
Hallelujah Acres provides a healthy way of eating to establish a healthy body. The claims made of healing are TESTIMONIALS made by individuals who have experienced these healings first hand. Not claims of healing made by Hallelujah Acres. They merely offer a recommendation about how to live a better quality life. People expect to live and eat as they wish for the majority of their life and then expect some program, person, or pill to hand them a miracle when consequences of their bad choices catch up with them. I'm extremely sorry your mother is suffering, as well as you, but please don't transpose your hurt, fear, and anger onto an organization that merely recommends and offers an alternative that could help people overcome sicknesses, disease, nutrition deficiency, and weight problems.
 29th of Dec, 2013 by   Sammycerami 0 Votes
I would like to see if this Malkus person would walk the walk if it was his child he saw dieing in front of him. It is one thing to encourage a healthy lifestyle but to give people false hope of cancer cures and to tell them it is against Gods will for them to consult with a doctor is criminal. This cult that this person has started is financially benefiting off of people's vulnerability and religious beliefs. I hope this man and his wife reap what they sow if their truly is a God his wrath will come down on these two for their greed.
 1st of Jan, 2014 by   SkepticalObserver 0 Votes
There's no shortage of diets on the market or ways to get healthy. Vegetarian diets and juicing force a degree of discipline and automatically cut out a lot of items that 'bad for you'. So doing this diet for 'health reasons' may or may not be a good idea for any one person. With that said, it's intellectually dishonest (BM@#$, I'm not saying that's your intent but in the end, it's still the case) to say or imply that Hallelujah Acres doesn't push the notion that the diet cures cancer. Malkmus himself claims that he cured his own cancer and there is at least one testimonial implying the same. If you are desperate and scared (and most people with a recent cancer diagnosis would be) you'd easily walk away from that site thinking that it can cure your cancer. If you're of the mind that the Bible is the inspired word of God and you buy his interpretation, you'd very likely walk away thinking this was some divine path to a cure. (The fact the diet is based on such a small portion of the Bible should raise questions, even if you do believe the Bible is perfect which is a leap). If the site said nothing about Cancer or just generally implied that b/c it's a healthy diet you're chances of getting cancer are reduced I'd have no issue with it, but there's just no way that's the case. It's dripping with innuendo, strong innuendo (and 'innuendo' is a very gentle word here) that the medical establishment is foolish and/or keeping the truth from people and that this diet will cure your cancer. Is it healthy? Perhaps. Is it a better for you than what you're consuming now? Perhaps. Will it improve your health overall? Perhaps. Does it cure cancer? NO. Is there any reason to believe it does ANYTHING to improve your chances of beating cancer? NO. Throwing God in the mix and the testimonials are just taking advantage of desperation that people feel and even the smartest, most skeptical person would likely drop their guard somewhat in the face of learning they had cancer.
 14th of Jun, 2014 by   A.Edward 0 Votes
It is almost a given in medical society and society as a whole, that smoking causes lung cancer. However, almost all my
maternal family smoked all their lives, half my paternal family smoked and not one contracted cancer. I'm not questioning
H.A. and their doctrines or plans because I do not know them, but they do not seem to be any different than any of the other
health stores pushing diets. Christian or non-Christian. Two smoking uncles lived to be 90 and 97.. A smoking aunt lived to 79.
There were heart issues in two of the uncles and aunts. I believe we should watch our diets and detox safely with natural herbs.
King David made that clear. "Give me hyssop and I will be clean." Good blood work at your doctor periodically will determine
if you are keeping in the safe zone. There is no cure for spreading cancer and no scientist will lay such a claim. The FatherGod
can heal anyone of anything but only does for certain reasons it appears throughout my 70 yrs of life. He may allow a cure in
the future, but I have not pinned that information down in scriptural prophecy to this point...A killer disease among the people
is mentioned in the prophecies for the end times. Many theologians are thinking it could be this cancer thing. No one knows.
 14th of Jun, 2014 by   A.Edward 0 Votes
Added note: I think ElizabethFL, obviously, a lady in Florida, gives a very reasonable explanation. Is there any proof that
the Hallelujah Acres leaders actually state they have a cure for cancer? It does not seem sound judgement for any organization
to make such a claim. I seriously doubt these people do.

Beware Online Shoppers