logo

non payment of account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Grand Crowne Resorts, Branson, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - misrepresentation by sales person

Grand Crowne Resorts Contacts & Informations

Grand Crowne Resorts

Posted:    J_E_M

misrepresentation by sales person

Surrey International Resort
Branson, Missouri
we purchased a time share from Grand Crowne resort in Aug of 2009, we were told that we could come down anytime and visit and not use our points that we purchased with the timeshare. We would of course have to pay a small fee when we stayed, but would be able to use the facility, with a 24 hour notice.
I called down to make reservations today and there is no room available unless we wish to pay $299. Well, we have already paid over $11, 000 for the use of this place and now they have no room. Last week we received a phone call from Grand Crowne offering me 4 days and 3 nights in a Condo at no charge, I told her I would make arrangements with friends and call her back today. I took off of work as did my friend for next week, I called the lady back and booked the condo and at the end of the call she says that I must bring my husband because she is from marketing. Well, how can marketing have room in the inn, but no room for owners?What a ripoff, if you choose to go to Grand Crowne for the 90 minutes sales talk, take a recorder and make sure you get what the salesperson says, you won't ever hear it again, and it won't be accurate. It will change once you sign that contract, oh and by the way, that getaway package that you purchased cannot be used for one year after you purchase it, I was told that today after 3 hours on the phone with people trying to get a room. I never did get one either. But they do have my money, I paid it in full, so after paying $11, 500 for a timeshare, I will have to stay in a different motel in Branson, does this make sense? and yes, I did call every phone number on this paperwork.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jul, 2010 by   tnollt01 0 Votes
THIEFS & LIARS!!! That is what you will find at Grand Crowne Resorts. They bait and switch, they say whatever it takes to convince you this is a good deal. But after hey have your money they don't care. I suffered an injury and was unable to keep our reservations. We called GC immediately to let them know we needed to reschedule due to medical reasns. We even told them we could provide the medical documentation that prohibited me from traveling. They did N OT CARE and said they would have to charge us the $30 cancellation fee. GC reps (spoke with 2) continued to insist that everything was "in the contract" and that they could not change the fee. We tried to reason with them, but they wouldn't hear anything we had to say. I'm just glad we didn't purchase a full time share, we got a "trial package" do they really think after this treatment they can con us into paying more money for a timeshre?? I THINK NOT!!!

Does Medications Help?