Grand Crowne Resorts

misrepresentation by sales person

Surrey International Resort
Branson, Missouri
we purchased a time share from Grand Crowne resort in Aug of 2009, we were told that we could come down anytime and visit and not use our points that we purchased with the timeshare. We would of course have to pay a small fee when we stayed, but would be able to use the facility, with a 24 hour notice.
I called down to make reservations today and there is no room available unless we wish to pay $299. Well, we have already paid over $11, 000 for the use of this place and now they have no room. Last week we received a phone call from Grand Crowne offering me 4 days and 3 nights in a Condo at no charge, I told her I would make arrangements with friends and call her back today. I took off of work as did my friend for next week, I called the lady back and booked the condo and at the end of the call she says that I must bring my husband because she is from marketing. Well, how can marketing have room in the inn, but no room for owners?What a ripoff, if you choose to go to Grand Crowne for the 90 minutes sales talk, take a recorder and make sure you get what the salesperson says, you won't ever hear it again, and it won't be accurate. It will change once you sign that contract, oh and by the way, that getaway package that you purchased cannot be used for one year after you purchase it, I was told that today after 3 hours on the phone with people trying to get a room. I never did get one either. But they do have my money, I paid it in full, so after paying $11, 500 for a timeshare, I will have to stay in a different motel in Branson, does this make sense? and yes, I did call every phone number on this paperwork.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
THIEFS & LIARS!!! That is what you will find at Grand Crowne Resorts. They bait and switch, they say whatever it takes to convince you this is a good deal. But after hey have your money they don't care. I suffered an injury and was unable to keep our reservations. We called GC immediately to let them know we needed to reschedule due to medical reasns. We even told them we could provide the medical documentation that prohibited me from traveling. They did N OT CARE and said they would have to charge us the $30 cancellation fee. GC reps (spoke with 2) continued to insist that everything was "in the contract" and that they could not change the fee. We tried to reason with them, but they wouldn't hear anything we had to say. I'm just glad we didn't purchase a full time share, we got a "trial package" do they really think after this treatment they can con us into paying more money for a timeshre?? I THINK NOT!!!
 3rd of Apr, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Question? What resort company tells a customer they can book anytime 24hours before arrival? Especially a 5 star resort?
Another question; what person in there right mind takes off work before reservations are made because of one reps statement especially after you pay $11, 000 for whatever program you sign up for?
There's no bait and switch at Grand Crowne. Actually, the Grand Crowne is one of the most honest resort companies out there. The employees are family people who care about helping people expand trips to first class luxuries.
I know this company and have dealt with them for over 20 years. The owners care, and even if this happened, because reputation to them is #1, I promise you all you had to do was call them and explain the situation, and even when they are right, I've seen them lose money hand over fist because they care about the customer! This is what they do... They host, the serve, and your happiness matters.
Ron T.
 13th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I was just scammed by Grand Crown Resorts in Pigeon Forge Tn 3/12/15 Please call me if you have, 931-627-5785 I live here and they prayed upon me and lied to me because I have a aneurism in my aorta just diagnosed and iI wanted to spend my last times with 13 grandkids and our children other wise couldn't afford to do this, they lied said they could get us a vacation 1st week of June 2015 they said we will call you back with the place on the beach, they never did called 2 wks later said what was those dates again they let our time to cancel go by, by promising they was booking it, now we are locked in and couldn't go to the beach until maybe Oct, in the winter and kids back in school, they sent me a paper to cancel a month later and i turned in books but never got membership. card, yes I have the names of the two that lied to us also call me ! they are crooks, I have a lot more to tell about this call me send me your name e mail be glad to talk to you I am going to the state of tn where they get their licenses to sell and show my medical condition also they didn't care, just about the money, now my health insurance is going to be canceled end of June, ! they sent me a bill to pay $708.00 maintenance fees for 2015 and 2016, and cant afford this and not have anything, Lets work together and stop this, I talked to their fiance office today to cancel this said they would not, and had even had me send material back a month later and send them certified letter i was cancelling even after they knew the date i bought and the time had passed to cancel them . I have spoke to an attorney also, so lets get this out here ! Linda, Harold Otto Sevierville TN 37862 DON'T BUY FROM CAPITAL RESORTS IN PIGEON FORGE TN, BIG SCAM CALL ME ! GOING TO THE STATE BOARD AND ON TV IF I HAVE TO !
 14th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
LOL I'm guessing that Ron T. is employed by Grand Crowne, or he gets paid to surf the net and rebut claims against them. That dog won't hunt here boy, people are here because Grand Crowne ripped them off, and they really don't care about anyone. That"s why they are in trouble in every state they operate in. I am on a full scale rampage to bring their criminal enterprise to the public eye. I am forming a group and building a webpage dedicated to nothing but Grand Crowne compaints and people who have been ripped off by them. By building a consortium of people who have been wronged we will be able to bring them to their knees.
 14th of May, 2015 by    +1 Votes
please call me we need to go on TV with this ! 931-627-5785, I have found an excellent Attorney in Birmingham Alabama
 15th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Capital resorts, has responded to me and has made everything right for me Linda Otto, I Now take back all I said about them. Very Pleased
So Please dis regard any thing I have said concerning Capital Resorts or Grand Crown, When You Finally get to speak to the right person they resolve the issue ! Thank You So Much Sherry C and Mr Crop,
Linda Harold Otto 5/15/15
 15th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
My husband and I bought a Grand Crowne Adventures Package from these people in 2014. I have tried 4 different times to make reservations to use this package (which is a "tester" to see if we want to fully buy into the time share program) with no success. I can't even get through on the phone to talk to anyone. I've been given 9 different phone numbers since the day we purchased and have NEVER gotten through to actually speak with anyone. I've left messages, but NEVER had a call returned. AVOID THIS COMPANY AND CAPITOL RESORTS who is in with them. This is a heck of a way to introduce me to your company and expect me to buy in! Glad we only bought the trial package and not the time share or I'd be postal by now!!! RUN, RUN, RUN FROM THIS SCAMMING RIPOFF COMPANY!!!
 3rd of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am pleased to report an amicable resolution to my dispute with Grand Crowne Resorts, I would also like to retract my prior allegations and personally thank the company for going above and beyond to resolve my issues.
 21st of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
On May 10, 2015, my husband and I purchased a timeshare from Capital Resorts. We were told during the presentation and from our salesperson that our VIP package included 12 FREE getaway vacations. Once we logged into their site, using our owner ID, we found the only getaway weeks were by purchase. We immediately disputed our contract and requested cancellation. We were told to send a certified letter and that a decision would be made within 45 days. We mailed the certified letter on July 10. We then received a call from Capital Resorts stating we needed to return all materials given to us upon making the purchase so they could move forward in the process, leading us to believe they were refunding our down payment. We promptly mailed them the material back and upon calling them were told that our refund approval release was sitting on someone's desk (we won't call names at this point). After following up numerous times, we were told that merit was not found to cancel the contract because we initialed a statement saying we would access to getaway vacations starting at $199. We did, but this was separate from what we spoke to our sales person in detail about. We were assured throughout the entire sale that we would receive 12 FREE getaways. We would not have made this purchase had we not been mislead into thinking we were gaining 12 FREE getaways a year. We have asked for reconsideration at this time, and are awaiting a response. We will post back with next steps.

Contact Us