gmx

Posted:

scam

I received the same text today "Congratulations your mobile have won US$5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int'l Award. To claim contact Mrs.J.Mcafee via judym42010@yahoo.com.hk". I live in New Zealand also.
It seemed like a scam - read; 'poor English'. I wonder who Mrs.J.Mcafee is???? Ha ha ha. I wonder if she knows the McAfee Security people??!!
I see one of the things that McAfee Security Centre sell is an "Identity Protection" - hmmm maybe it would be a good idea to have such a thing!?!?! Mind you, these clowns send us this fictitious junk on our cell phones.
As we say in NZ - If it seems too good to be true...it usually is!!!
Hopefully no-one will get sucked in and send these people anything.
I hope yahoo.com can do something about them!
Thanks for everyone's post - appreciated!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country New Zealand Complaint category Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

26th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well, its seem alot of people receiving this txt from gmx. I received the same txt today saying my mobil have won US$5.8M for FIFA 2014 Int'L Award. To claim contact Mrs.J.Mcafee via:judym42010@yahoo.com.hk...I wonder who's Mrs.J.Mcafee n I wonder who's behind all this nonsense... Yes if it's real I want my money but if this one a scam please don't fooled arond the people or else I'll take forward this txt to the fair go tv show to short out this nonsense...I want an answer as soon as possible from Mrs.J.Mcafee cause that email send to me to claim the prize doesn't get thru so whoever do this stupid thing better stop it now before any harms will occuring.I do hope that the yahoo.com will check this out or else their website no longer tustworthy to be used by the audition.
Thanks.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
United Kingdom Investigation Bureau
on complaintsinvestigation@live.com

Can you trust this address also, as they want the full info for your status and address, phone number, how to receive the money. I would be very weary and hit the delete button quickly.
As it has gone to many people this is a scam, just like you get on the net, e-mails and so on. Just how many people can win that much money.
Toss them out. NZ
 15th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am also from NZ and received the text this morning. read over the text and thought "what a load" and then decided to research it to see whether anyone else has received a similar txt as well. So far people all over the world have posted about this text. I'm more concerned about how they have got my number and do they have any other details as well. So far i have discovered there has been various contact names associated with various amounts of money they are offering. for example my text said: "Congratulations your mobile have won US9.8M for World Bank Award. To claim contact Mrs. Hahn Doyle via: wbre@gala.net."I would like to know what they want and how do they go about getting it. How do we stop these scams and stop us from feeling violated of our privacy?

Contact Us