logo

Lease Finance Group
Fraud
3. (26 mins ago)
Universal Survey Center
Request to stop unsolicited phone calls
4. (28 mins ago)
Arizona Parrots
No contact with them since payment
5. (55 mins ago)
BEWARE! FRAUD! Christs Church of the Valley - CCV CHURCH Peoria AZ - CCVONLINE.COM
Church Leadership Continues to Allow Felon Member to Ripoff Members

Posted:    Lydia L Cressall

wireless claims service

Global Warranty Group
wirelessprotectionprogram.com
I filed a claim for a broken phone last week and after putting a $300.00 hold on a credit card, I was told I would receive my replacement phone within 48 hours. I never received the phone and no one bothered to contact me so I called back and was told that the reason I hadnt received the phone yet was because that model had been discontinued. So I chose a different model of HTC and was once again promised it would be delivered within 48 hours. I should have received it today and never did. So once again, I spoke with a representative and was told that the phone had been ordered but hadnt been shipped yet and she didnt understand why but that she would have the corporate office contact me on Monday, November 16th. ( More than a week after my original claim ) This process is taking much longer than I was told to anticipate and I am becoming truly frustrated. I would really appreciate if someone could contact me immediately about this issue.
(307) 705-9756 or (307) 922-4168
Thanks,
Lydia L Cressall
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2009 by   Ready2Snap 0 Votes
I purchased this pre-paid warranty plan when I set up my wireless account at a Wireless Zone store, not knowing that Wireless Zone is an independent dealer authorized to sell Verizon products/services as well as other wireless company's products/services. It must have been the extra large Verizon banner on the front of the store that threw me off. I might also note that I observed no other advertising except for Verizon products. The sales rep did not mention anything either. I also receive my bill from Verizon and use Verizon's website to make payments.

I thought I received excellent service and a great insurance plan that offered pre-payment of $99 for a two year plan. My deductible was only $50 ! I was told by the sales agent to simply bring my phone in if I needed to make a claim. Nothing was ever mentioned about Global Warranty Group NOT being the warranty/insurance company used by Verizon.

Well, the great service ended there. (As far as Wireless Zone & Global Warranty Group)

I brought my phone in to the same store with a screen that appeared to be shattered on the inside? The sales agent told me he could give me the claims phone number and I could make the claim myself. I insisted he do it since that was what I was told would happen. The sales agent less than graciously called in the claim. At first I was told I did not have an insurance plan! Again, upon my insisting that I most certainly did purchase a plan from their store and even described the terms, he looked up my account and talked with the person on the phone for approximately 30 minutes. He then told me that I needed to pay a $75 deductible! I argued that my plan stated $50. After another 10 minutes talking with the claims agent he informed me that my claim is now $75 because my phone is considered an advanced phone! I insisted that my contract states $50 and my phone has had two improved models come out since it was purchased. He talked to the claims agent for another 10 minutes and concluded our conversation with, "The insurance company will call you tomorrow and most likely they will tell you that your deductible is indeed $50. You should be all set." Needless to say I left the store very unsatisfied and doubtful of a positive outcome. After not hearing anything for a day and a half I called the store. A sales agent called me back and said they verified my deductible was $50 and we were all set, my new phone would be over-nighted.

I did not hear anything the next day. On the second day I called the store and was given the phone number to call claims myself. At first I was told by the claims agent that I did not have insurance!!! Again, at my insistence the agent looked further into my acct. and was able to find my contract. I was then told that my replacement phone had not been shipped out because they had not received the broken phone and deductible. They offered to over-night it that day if I allowed a $250 hold to be placed on my credit card. $200 would be credited upon receipt of the broken phone.

The next day I attempted to drop the phone off at the store and was told I had to mail it myself. More frustrated than ever I went next door to a Mail It Quick store and mailed out the phone myself. He was nice enough to give me the address. The clerk at the mailing store was shocked that the wireless store refused to take care of returning the phone! They said they usually see phones being returned in a pre-addressed, pre-paid envelope provided by the cell phone store.

Now, with no cell phone at all I still did not receive my phone the next day. I called the ins. co and was told it was shipped out! Later that evening I received a call from the ins. co stating they no longer had my phone and offered an upgrade to a newer model at no extra charge. I accepted.

Two days later I received my phone! I immediately called Verizon to activate. Verizon had no idea why I was activating a new phone. Although it took some time, I successfully activated the phone. I was happy to be done with the whole claims process.

Two weeks later I get a call from the ins. co that the phone I mailed in did not have the same EINE number and they were putting a hold on my credit card for $200 until I mailed the correct phone or had the store where I set up my account fax the original contract info. I immediately called the store and angrily summarized the whole ins. claim mess and asked if they would take care of the newest problem since I was at the end of my rope. I was assured it would be taken care of.

Upon viewing my credit card bill almost two weeks later, I was absolutely shocked to see the $200 charge! I called the ins. co and was told they never heard from the store! I called the store and was told that they really did not know how to handle this situation and I should call back the next day to speak with the person who set up my account!!! Furious, I called the ins. co back and gathered as much information as I could, which was not much. They kept referring me to the store. I did figure out that the phone they had on file as damaged was the exact same phone as the new one they sent me! After pointing this out I was told they would note everything and someone would call me within 24 hours.

I finally called Verizon. This is when I found out that Global Warranty Group is not a Verizon affiliated ins. co and Wireless Zone is not an actual Verizon store. The Verizon rep spent at least an hour trying to sort out the whole mess and even called Global Warranty herself! She said that Global's suggestion was to mail the new phone back but she did not see how that would solve the problem. I agreed since that would equal Global Warrant Group - two phones and $200, Me - no phone and broke! She then attempted to call Wireless Zone but they were closed! She assured me I will hear from her tomorrow. Feeling slightly hopeful but even more defeated, I decided to give it a rest after 4 hours of phone calls!!!

I am in absolute disbelief at the ridiculousness of this fiasco. My advice: Avoid independent dealers and Global Warranty Group!
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   lifestudent2010 0 Votes
You are not the only one dealing with this type of issue. I have had the same problems with another carrier (U S Cellular). I was sold an insurance plan the store when I renewed my contract. My phone was damaged on day 26 and I was told by the store to wait until day 31 to file the claim. I was unaware of the up front charge ($300) to have a new phone shipped to me. I was also unaware that the warranty company did not cover shipping. There were several other issues with the Global Warranty Group and it seems no one can help. I finally shipped my phone off to them with my deductible and am still waiting, 2 weeks later to recieve my new phone. We will see how long it actually takes, since I should have had it at least 2 days ago. My cell phone service provider was not even aware that anything like this "outside warranty/insurance" was being offered by their stores. I have placed numerous calls to the district manager, whom I was told authorized this type of warranty. He has yet to return any of my calls, however after a complaint was filed with the phone company about the store, I did recieve a call from the store implying I was totally mistaken about everything and had no clue what was going on. I will never do business with the store again, that was their second chance anyway. Also, I will continue to contact the district manager in hopes he will come to his senses and realize what horrible customer service his clients are recieving. From this point forward, I deal directly with the phone company through their customer service, forget the dealers and stores.
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   diz113 0 Votes
I had went to a wireless zone store in Toms River, NJ and purchased 4 chargers, one home one for my moms phone, and 3 car ones for my family to use with their phones. I paid 50 dollars for the 4 of them. I get to my car go and charge the phone and it said cable not recommended for this phone. It showed it was charging, so I left it. Then it kept saying about the cable not recommended for this phone. I had went inside and returned it, and returned the other for my dads phone. I get the same problem, so I ignored it and didn't bother to use any of them because it was a friends brother who owned the store. So then I needed a favor, and I called up the guy who owns the place, I have never been treated with such filth and disrespect before from a person. I offered to by the drioid 2 from him and all and he was nasty as can be. I feel that this guy is representing verizon wireless and his attitude just kills it for verizon. So months later I decided to try and use one of the phone chargers, I was desperate to get the phone charged in the car, it kept saying again cable not recommended for this phone. What happened? Fried out the phone, now it keeps powering off. My point here is verizon is a well known company, and they have the wrong people representing the company, and allow people to sell cheap stuff. I found out that the chargers come from the dollar store, now isn't wireless zone an authroized verizon dealer why the hell are they allowing them to sell such crap. I want to complain to a higher up, but not sure who to contact, does anyone know...
s
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by   Jeff Ion 0 Votes
Wireless Zone stores are not required to carry original OEM accessories so you if you want an accessory that is OEM you should either ask a Wireless Zone sales person before purchasing or just go to Verizon Wireless directly as they do carry OEM in stock on most phones. You should call Verizon Wireless customer service and complain to them directly.
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   jonnygspot 0 Votes
Verizon doesn't care - No Cell companies care - they act like banks, insurance companies and gov. Cell companies never have cared or they would take warranty claims in-house and have better deals with cell phone manufacturers. I have waited almost 2 months and still no phone. You might get better response if you flood their social media pages with facts and concerns - tweet @VerizonWireless constantly until this archaic method of "customer service" changes to something more appropriate.
 12th of Jan, 2014 by   Oeb 0 Votes
Has anyone gotten their issues resolved???? I'm so scared now that I found all these reviews.
 15th of Jan, 2014 by   Fort Erie, Ontario 0 Votes
THE WORST!!! So upset can not even talk about it right now. Will post later.
 23rd of Feb, 2014 by   Tom McClintick 0 Votes
Never Use Global Insurance ever
 26th of Mar, 2014 by   Denniswpb 0 Votes
I have been waiting for my replacement phone for 2 weeks. First they said they had the wrong phone on my policy, next they needed proof of purchase (which I already provided twice) now they tell me they are out of stock on my phone and have no idea when it will be available (it's a common Samsung Galaxy S4 that I can buy anywhere) Every time I call they tell me they are forwarding my concern to the "Escalation Department" and they will call me. I have not received a call from them yet. Something is wrong with this whole situation
 30th of May, 2014 by   Clayce 0 Votes
I have been waiting a few months now. No joke. Has anyone actually gotten a resolution from these guys?
 11th of Jul, 2014 by   Hilly Brown 0 Votes
I was tod that because they could not fix the phone they would send a cheque to cover the replacement costs.

My cheque was sent to processing in March, it is now mid July, I have not recieved the cheque nor does anyone call me back.
 11th of Jul, 2014 by   Hilly Brown 0 Votes
My daughters 3 G Samsung was irrepairable. GWP agreed to send a cheque for 578 dollars so she could get a replacement phone. We have been told for three months the cheque is in processing, meanwhile Rogers has sent her account to collection as they do not believe a company in Canada would be so negligent.

No supervisor has ever called us even though I had asked for one to call repeatedly. The service here is appalling.

Yvonne Brown 403 991-5499
 2nd of Aug, 2014 by   ThisCo.Sucks 0 Votes
U are all Fucked. If you read reviews online about the company it is a scam. BEWARE!!! They will take your phone and deliver on many empty promises. STAY AWAY!!! DO NOT PURCHASE insurance through this company. I have not heard them deliver on any claim EVER!!!

I also work for a cell phone company that (used to) sell this insurance to our customers. We were duped too... WE no longer sell this bogus companies services.
 7th of Aug, 2014 by   Pratz 0 Votes
Hello .. Its been a week, I haven't heard anything on my claim. I sent email which they never respond. The customer care number is not working any more. Will someone share a number that I could reach them.
 12th of Aug, 2014 by   Purple_Hayes 0 Votes
I'm being jerked around by them as well. In one week it will be 2 months since i submitted the claim. Apparently they claim to have shipped something somewhere on july 29th but the tracking number is still processing and the claim says closed... all calls made go to an automated system for me; press '2' for wireless warranty stuff, a representative will be with you shortly, 2 minutes of dial tones, dead line... great customer service.

I've had trouble contacting a few numbers for the group (dead lines), but have been able to at least reach the automated system by calling (631)750-0300.
 22nd of Aug, 2014 by   Angrez. Kaler 0 Votes
When we got the insurance we paid money then and now when we called them for the broken phone we paid 180$ and the insurance was 200$ they said to send the phone to them and they said that the new phone would arrive in 48 hours but it never did we called them like a hundred times they kept saying it would arrive in this many days but it never did when we called this on this 18889808894 it didn't go through it's already been a year since we claimed but their 48 hours aren't over yet
 8th of Oct, 2014 by   Jojo442 0 Votes
I have been waiting for over two weeks for my phone. I call 1-866-582-6716 and actually speak to a person, but they tell me that the claim is processed and my phone has been sent out. I asked her if she could track it for me and she said they do not have the means of doing that. So I said, "Well then my phone should be delivered soon if it went out already, right?" and she said "I hope so." I am very frustrated with this company. The previous coverage I had thru Verizon was great. I had my new phone in two days.
. Why would they ever change warranty companies? Today I am going to the Verizon store and I am not leaving until I get a new phone, , , FREE ! BEWARE OF GLOBAL WARRANTY THEY ARE RIP OFF'S AND ARE QUITE EXPERIENCED IN LIEING TO THE CONSUMER.

Online Holiday Shopping: 5 Pitfalls