logo

Gift Card Rescue Complaints & Reviews - Tried to keep My gift cards

Gift Card Rescue Contacts & Informations

Gift Card Rescue

Posted: 2011-12-27 by    nuyermom

Tried to keep My gift cards

Giftcardrescue.com
giftcardrescue.com
I registered for their website and submitted my order to sell my gift cards. They gave me an offer and I accepted. They make you pay for shipping while selling them your cards when they advertise free shipping however I disregarded and mailed in my gift cards. I FINALLY received an email 2 weeks later stating they received my cards when I had tracking information stating it had been delivered awhile before. Then in the email I was requested to fill out the contract sign and fax or email back. I did what they asked. One question asked how did I get the cards I said it was a gift from family. Then they wanted a copy of my drivers license and ssn. I refused to send either and then they emailed me saying that they werent able to buy the cards because I didnt have the receipt. Why would I have the receipt if it was a gift?? Then they asked that I send THEM a self-addressed postage paid envelope then they would return the cards. These people are very unprofessional, they never answer their customer help phone number. WHen yousubmit a complaint you receive only automated responces. I believe its a scam and I will never do business with them ever again. I will go back to using plasticjungle.com. They are fast professional and not scammers.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2012 by   kennybt +1 Votes
Wow, I have the same problem too. They advertised free shipping too and it never happended neither. GiftCardRescue = GiftCardTHIEF, this place is a SCAM. I sent the card and they also asked me to sign and fax. After I signed and faxed, then they ask for my driver license. I said I don't feel comfortable faxing my driver license so just send back my card, then Barrie Cason that works at this place said that I need to send them a self address and stamped envelope so they can send back my card to me. Today I got an email from GiftCardRescue = GiftCardTHIEF saying that if I don't send them a returned self address and stamped evenlope, my Gift Card will be donate to them on my behalf. What kind of BS is this?
 18th of Dec, 2012 by   lsbovee +1 Votes
Wow. That's swell. I have $3000 worth of cards there AS WE SPEAK, and they're claiming that they never got them, though the Post Office said that they received them over a week ago. I DID send then a copy of my driver's license, the receipt, the evidence of where I got them, the contract and the questionnaire. I tried to call them today, but their service line went to a fax machine, and their order tracking line went to voicemail. I worked hard for those gift cards, and am very irritated and upset that they haven't resolved this one way or the other. I WOULD send them a self addressed envelope if necessary to at least get the cards back. If I don't get the money or my cards soon, I will be filing a report with the BBB and pursuing legal action as needed.
 11th of Jan, 2013 by   Jsmith234 +1 Votes
I had the exact same experience!! This is s TOTAL scam! They held our gift cards for weeks and would not return phone calls or emails! We tried to leave a message and their mailbox was mysteriously full??? Must be all of the complaints!!
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   atlsaver 0 Votes
i sent them some cards too and they claimed they never got them.. use plastic jungle or cardpool .
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   Trula 0 Votes
I picked Gift Card Rescue because of their advertisement, "As Featured In New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CBS, etc..." . As it turns out the mentions on these prestigious publications and programs are meaningless along with the order processing and check delivery promises on their website. Gift Card Rescue received my gift card over one month ago. It was verified received under my account. I understood that there would be possible delays of a few days due to the Christmas/New Year holiday. I waited almost two weeks for them to process a check. As of today I am still waiting to receive that check. I keep calling their customer service number and it goes to voice mail. I leave my order number and name with phone number and never get a call back. I sent them emails and no one responds. At this point I wonder if they kept the card which is worth $1500.00.
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   lannielee 0 Votes
I wish I would have did this research before sending in my $200 gift card, which was weeks ago and I am still waiting on a check that was mailed 2 wks ago. It should have tipped me off that the founders name was Kwame. :(
Dear NuyerMom,

I would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience with our company. We aim to provide exceptional customer service to all our consumers, so I apologize that your experience did not reflect our enforced goals. During peak months, such as December, we experience delays due to the high volume of gift cards we receive. During this time, it takes us longer than usual to process all of the gift cards we receive. As a company, we do require certain information to be provided to accept your transaction. We reserve the right to reject a transaction if the customer is unable to provide the information requested. We ask for certain documentation, such as your driver’s license, to verify buyer information and identity. This is a standard process used for high value transactions to protect our consumers and company from any fraudulent activity involving the gift cards. As far as shipping, we do offer free shipping if you are purchasing a gift card from us, but not if you are selling a one to us. You are responsible for the shipping of your gift cards. If we decide not purchase your gift card for any reason, per our Terms and Conditions (which you accepted during the selling process), we require that you send a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can return your card back to you. Let me assure you, that we are not trying to scam our consumers by any means. We have been in business for five years now and originally got our start on the popular ABC show, Shark Tank. When a complaint is submitted, each is read and addressed on an individual basis. Again, we apologize about your unpleasant experience and hope to regain your trust with our company.

Dear Kennybt,
I apologize about your unpleasant experience with our company. Let me assure you, that we are not trying to scam our consumers by any means. We have been in business for five years now and originally got our start on the popular ABC show, Shark Tank. As a company, we do require certain information to be provided to accept your transaction. We reserve the right to reject a transaction if the customer is unable to provide the information requested. We ask for certain documentation, such as your driver’s license, to verify buyer information and identity. This is a standard process used to protect our consumers and company from any fraudulent activity involving the gift card. As far as shipping, we only offer free shipping if you are purchasing a gift card from us, not if you are selling a gift card to us. If we decide not purchase your gift card for any reason, per our Terms and Conditions (which you accepted during the selling process), we require that you send a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can return your card back to you. Again, we apologize about your experience, and hope to regain your trust with our company!

Dear Lsbovee,

I would like to apologize about the poor communication on our part. During peak months, such as December and January, we experience delays due to the high volume of gift cards we receive. As a result, our shipping team takes longer than usual to process and verify gift card orders, especially for high value orders. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter and hope to regain your trust as a company.

Dear Trula & Lannielee,

I apologize about the poor communication. We are experiencing delays due to the high volume of gift cards we've received from the post holiday season. Let me assure you, that we are not trying to scam our consumers by any means. We have been business for five years now and originally got our start on the popular ABC show, Shark Tank. If you both could email me at carrieb@giftcardrescue.com I will be more than happy to get this situation taken care of for you. Again, I apologize about the delays. Please contact me so I can take care of this as soon as possible. Thank you!

15th of Feb, 2013 by   cynthia211 0 Votes
i actually purchased an H & M gift card from giftcard rescue and when it arrived i tried to use it at the store. come to find out it had a ZERO balance!!! i have been trying to get a refund from them ever since and have had no luck! i am thinking of reporting them if this is not taken care of soon. i call the phone number and sent emails and no reply. the phone number doesn't even have anyone answering.
 18th of Feb, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear Cynthia211,

I apologize about our poor communication. We have been experiencing delays due to the high volume of gift cards we've received this past month. Can you please send me an email with your order code to carrieb@giftcardrescue.com so I can issue you a pre-paid label and get you a refund. Again, I apologize about this inconvenience.
 18th of Feb, 2013 by   Samapen 0 Votes
Stay AWAY from these folks. I have already lost $100. I ordered a CVS giftcard which I never received.
 18th of Feb, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear Samapen,

I have just received your email and am in the process of responding to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible!

26th of Feb, 2013 by   Samapen 0 Votes
I contacted at carrieb@giftcardrescue.com and was able to get service soon after that and my issue has got resolved now. I am happy with the way they handled my issue.

--Samapen
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   k gentry 0 Votes
I also used gift card rescue and my check never came in the mail.when I tried to contact them, I got no response then my account on their website was deleted.i tried emailing them several times but got no response.this company is a sham and I will tell every one of my friends about their lousy service
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   GiftCardRescue 0 Votes
Dear K Gentry,

I apologize about your poor experience with our company. Please email me at carrieb@giftcardrescue.com so I can get this resolved for you as soon as possible. Thank you!
 4th of Mar, 2013 by   Sayeed S 0 Votes
I'm having the same issue as all of you guys and I'm hoping I can get it resolved, but really don't see it happening without legal action at this point after speaking with my attorney. I sent a high value gift card and after they requested the receipt for it (which they didn't show was required in the website, ) I exchanged a few e-mails with them basically trying to find out what I should do since I don't have the receipt.

After stupidly giving away the information that I didn't have a receipt for the gift card, they then changed the 4 figure balance of my account that they owed me to $0.00.

I was reluctant to do it, but had to inform the person I received the card from about the situation and they got me a copy of the receipt.

I'm really hoping to avoid having this taken to court, but really don't see any other way for this to be resolved. I sent out an e-mail to carrieb@giftcardrescue.com. Awaiting a response now, and will update this when a resolution is reached.

-Sayeed S.
 10th of Mar, 2013 by   Gina C 0 Votes
It sounds like I should be glad that I only sent in a $50 gift card. I mailed the gift card in late December 2012 and as of today, have still heard NOTHING from the company. I've sent 5 emails asking when I can expect my check, all with NO RESPONSE! This is a complete and utter scam.

Gina C
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   Cynthia 62 0 Votes
OMG! This is ridiculous. I plan on contacting ABC so that they can do an investigation. I sent my cards on 2.27.13 and they received in 2 days. Two weeks later, I'm still waiting on my check. I would never have thought ABC would showcase such a fraudulent company.

Cynthia62

Are Debt Protection Policies Worth It?

Latest Groups