Wrong Room Trickery

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE! They were a) untruthful, b) used "trickery" during the reservation process, and c) lied to me with their discussions with the hotel. NEVER USE THIS WEBSITE!!! A) I booked a room, specifically a non-smoking room for a 3 night stay. They reserved a room for me at The Hampton Inn. Upon check-in, we received a smoking room, and GetaRoom had booked a smoking room, with non-smoking as a "special request! ? The hotel had no more non-smoking rooms as they were sold out. I contacted GetaRoom immediately. They said I had requested a smoking room. NOT! Finally after being on hold for 13 minutes with Roger - hung up, and then on hold with Reonica for 8 minutes, I requested their Manager, Raymond. Everyone "totally understood our situation" and then proceeded to tell me there was nothing they could do to assist. They said I was the one who had booked a smoking room? Finally, they said they would give me my money back, but the hotel wouldn't give THEM the money back. I called the front desk manager, and he said they would gladly refund the money but GetaRoom had the funds, not the Hampton. After 30 minutes of being on the phone with GetaRoom, they did nothing to correct the situation, were no help at all, and deceived us in the reservation process giving us a smoking room when we specifically requested a non-smoking room. Getaroom said it was my fault for not confirming this was different than what I had requested. ? NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE! Plus, their English was awful at best!
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

30th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
This sounds very familiar to what my wife and I just went through. They booked us at the wrong Hilton hotel in San Diego. After several phone calls with wait times of up to 18 minutes and several days, we finally heard back that it was our fault and they will not return our money. THIS IS NOT A COMPANY THAT CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. I can't imagine that getaroom.com has many satisified or return customers. I understand problems happen, but it's how the company handles those problems that determines success.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
This company is horrendous. I was booking a room on line directly with the hotel's website, and somehow got diverted to getaroom, wound up booking with them, only to find out later on when i was on the hotel's website, the rates were 25% cheaper. I called them and they would not put me on the phone with a supervisor/manager and would not even entertain the idea of a credit. The would do nothing. Obviously not customer friendly or customer oriented, and I would never use getaroom again.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I don't know which site the original poster is using, but I had a good experience using getaroom.com. I've booked on a few occasions via the phone/call center and every customer service agent assigned to me has been more than helpful. I'm sure the company is far from perfect, but I've had far worse experiences using other hotel booking services. My friend recently booked a hotel in Vegas through getaroom and said he had no issues. I'd say it's worth a try.
 15th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I booked with Getaroom and reserved the Pear Tree Inn in Paducah and upon arriving there they said I didn't have a reservation with them. They called the Thrifty Inn and found that my room was there. I showed the reservation to the staff at the Pear Tree, showing the reservation was at their hotel, and I was still sent to the Thrifty Inn.
I stayed at the Thrifty as I had no choice. I called Getaroom after emailing them as they requested a phone call. I spoke to an agent who had me on the phone for 15 min. and said she would call the hotel and verify. She then hung up on me and I have not received a call back.
Form you own opinion about Getaway, as I have. I have emailed and called Getaroom and this gets fixed I'll happily add an update. However I have little faith so far.
 9th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Worst customer service experience ever. I called getaroom.com hotline and booked a 3 day stay at "the inn at oak plantation" Kissimmee. I repeatedly asked and verified with the call agent that I want a room with wifi and I was assured of it. Upon check-in, I found out that not only is there no wifi in rooms, the nearest public access wifi is at their "resort" 10mins walk away. At the "resort, " there are no available power points to charge my laptop. Pissed, I called getaroom hotline and the agent hung up on me just minutes into the conversation. The second time I called them up, another agent who was more patient, went with the cancellation albeit I still have to stay here for a night. I highly recommend using hotels.com than getaroom because you can see everything on-site plus the rates are close, if not the same.
 10th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

Getaroom.com - Will never use this site again

Horrible! Accidentally booked the wrong day, through Kayak android application. immediately called to change the date and was met with the worst customer service ever. No help, rude, would not do anything to help. Would not refund my credit card either. Would just blame me. never use this site, do not use through Kayak, in fact don't use kayak...from now on will only ever call the hotel or go to the hotel website.
 21st of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

Getaroom.com - By far the worst hotel site on the web

By far the worst hotel site on the web, book a smoking kind bed room at hollywood florida, then when i got there i was told that the hotel is a non smoking hotel. called the company and ask to be moved to another hotel they charged me again and promised to return the credit onto my card. They never did, i've called them 4 times and they say the same thing, it is being processed. Tomorrow I will call my bank and place a claim on them.
 1st of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
29 Feb 2016

Booking made on-line
getaroom receive payment from American Express who confirm that they have payment

Several calls and emails via their on-line email with responses that they will call back. They do not call back. They reply by email saying they doo not have the payment.

I am going to take legal action to recover costs incurred due to their breach of contract
 1st of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com Customer Care. As you were advised by our agents during your previous calls and emails, we have rechecked our records and all of these reservation attempts came us as declined transactions by your financial institution and you would need to speak to them about getting the funds released. Due to the declination of the attempted charges, we never had access to these funds and have no access to your account. So, while we would be more than happy to help you in this case, we simply have no way of doing so on our end. We are very sorry if you feel that this is sufficient grounds to pursue legal action, however as we've mentioned we do not have any access to your funds or your account, so we unfortunately cannot do any more to assist in this matter. Once again, if you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-468-3578 or at 00-1-469-675-5368 for callers outside the U.S. Thanks again and have a nice day.

Best regards,