Germania Insurance

Posted:

Failed to give an honest claim payment

Germania Insurance
Germania Insurance has a dishonest adjuster in Seminole, Texas. He made a house call, examined the claim information, called us twice and submitted information that included one call from plumbers, when there were two calls made to our home. The policy states that 5% of policy value or $3500 will be paid for leak repair...we received, after deductible, 1/5 of that amount...this treatment from Germania Insurance after 18 years of premiums and one claim for hail damage several years ago...we have submitted a request for a reevaluation of the repair costs based on fact. We were able to contact a company recommended by our plumber for repairs guaranteed for ten years, which we did and repairs have been made at our expense. We would like to have an honest claim submitted to Germania and receive remuneration for which we have paid for the 18 year period.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

15th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I too am having trouble with Germania about a claim resulting from the once-in-a-century hailstorm in McAllen. The least of the issues I have with them is they make ME pay the depreciated amount and will reimburse me AFTER I have paid the contractor. And the company cannot explain why. I paid the premiums for full replacement value BUT I only get full replacement if I PAY UPFRONT. What the heck does the person do who does not have that $ amount to pay ?
 7th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
That doesn't make sense! You might want to contact the Texas Insurance Board they will look into it for you!
 7th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hopefully you have this resolved by now. If not get all your facts together then call The Texas Insurance board in Austin they can and will help you!

Contact Us