logo

LIEN RELEASE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Genie Bra, Wallingford, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Not what was advertised

Genie Bra Contacts & Informations

Genie Bra

Posted: 2011-04-15 by    MaryLee Syme

Not what was advertised

Tristar Products
Wallingford, Connecticut
Phone: 973-287-5154
geniebra.com
I placed an order for six (genie bras) after watching a very convincing commercial on television. The order was placed 3/14/11, I was told it would take between 2 and 3 weeks for them to ship bras. It actually took longer and I received my package today 4/15/11. They were sent in an envelope that should not have cost more than a couple of dollars, Shipping and Handling cost me $19.95. After receiving shipment I took the merchandise out of package, tried on a bra, I realized the commercial made claims that were not true. They claimed these bras were supportive and would lift breast giving a nice look. THEY DID NOT, I am an average breast size. Now, I must take time to return to sender, they did not send a label to return I had to call, Customer Service Representative, I received a person that I could hardly understand because of her broken English, always very frustrating to me. She offered to credit my card with $10.00 if I kept the bras and not returned them, obviously they have had other problems if she could make that offer so quickly. I told her I was not keeping them and they would be returned. My complaint is that the commercial lied, this cost me much more money than it should have cost. Buyer Beware!

Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Apr, 2011 by   Scrappy Owl 0 Votes
@ Not what was advertised. Thank you so much for posting this report. I just saw the infomertial and was wondering whether it was what was claimed. You saved me a lot of heart ache and trouble. I hope you get your money back .
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   P. R.Davis 0 Votes
DON'T BUY the GENIE BRA! If you are more than a B cup, it will NOT give you ANY support or lift. The band is not as wide as it appears on the informercial and there is NO cup suppport at all. I placed a DOUBLE order, hoping the bra would fit my DD size as they did in the infomercial. I was very disappointed with the flimsy fabric that did not appear to have "woven" fabric as they claim. When I called to return them, I was advised that I would have to forfeit my $39.99 in processing and handling for a package that should not have cost more than $3 to ship. Buyer beware. If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   Crazyaboutperfume +1 Votes
I agree, DO NOT PURCHASE THE GENIE BRA. I purchased 2 sets of six of the genie bra after seeing the commercial(very convincing). I called first to determine sizing because I can wear both a large or an extra large after asking my bra size I was told I would need a large. I thanked them and hung up, they called me back to see why I didn't buy any, I told them they were too expensive, so they cut the price on both sets and advised I would only be charged 9.99 for processing & handling. When I got home I had an email with the correct set prices but a charge of $39.99 processing. I called them and told them to cancel the order, after telling me they were backlogged and it would be 4 to 6 weeks before I received them, I was told sorry they have already shipped and they couldn't do anything, the bras came 2 weeks later so I called to see how I could send them back and they offered to give me a $12 discount, I declined, then they came back and offered a $26 discount, so I decided to keep them. WHAT A MISTAKE. The size is wrong, there is NO SUPPORT, they are flimsy and you can see right through them, the bottom rolls up every time you move, which leaves a nice roll of material around your back, very poor quality. My sisters were a medium and she has the same problems, so now we are stuck with 12 bras that no one wants and even though they advised me of size, they said the sales were final and refused to remove the charges or to let us send them back. STAY AWAY FROM THE GENIE BRA AND TRISTAR CO.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   sunshinedreamer -1 Votes
I am so grateful that I found and read this site...I saw the 6 for the price of 3 while drinking my coffee this morning...I wear sports bras for various activities and also for my job which involves physical labor, and am always looking for comfort, being a 38 D size, and broad shouldered...They looked very convincing on TV...as the one woman posted...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...guess we should all realize this by now...lol...but I was convinced and thought...what do you have to lose at basically $10 a piece////
I have seen this similar bra at WalMart in the Sports Bra Section...and have purchased...I really did like the look and quality...not the miracle fit Genie bra advertises, but comfy non the less if you're looking for a sleep bra, or for a casual tee bra...
thanks ladies for saving me alot of money and frustration...
have a great day...sincerely...A natural woman... : )
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   Linda365 0 Votes
Thanks so much for these posts. They were hard to find. The company obviously works hard to prevent complaints form being found. If it looks like its too good to be true it probably is. And that was my feeling. I suspected the rolling up and flimsy fabric. Also I was concerned about commiting $60+ dollars to try a product and having a return nightmare to get a refund.
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   Cpearlized 0 Votes
THANK YOU LADIES!! I have been watching the "Genie Bra" infomercial for about a month now, but had yet to order them because the only "reviews" I had found online were the ones complaining about the shipping time and all of those ladies were still waiting to get the bras in the mail.
The complaints about shipping made me nervous but your reviews of "no support" and the "band rolling" has convinced me that it is still a better idea to "try before you buy".
Again, thank you for saving me time and money, but I truely hope those of you requesting a refund will get your money back.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   Katti 0 Votes
Thank you all for taking the time to blog. Money and times are hard these days and blogs, good or bad are very helpful. Shame on these companies for deceiving us ladies that just want to live our daily lives in comfort, and preying on our desperation. I hope you all get all your money back and consider filing a complaint with the BBB and have their business practices investigated.
 5th of May, 2011 by   DDsad 0 Votes
I'm calling tomorrow and cancelling my order. Ordered 3/15/11 and its 5/4/11 and still do not have. I see that it did not fit Crazyaboutperfume, who is a d cup, probably won't make me happy either. So will keep looking for the PERFECT bra...hahahaha... I'd cancel your order too if I were you.
DDsad
 8th of May, 2011 by   mapegp 0 Votes
I too ordered the Genie bra on 3/26/11 and I haven't received them yet, I think this is a rip-off, I feel sorry I did not find this site on time, so I'm filing a complaint to Better Business Bureau
this week !!!
 8th of May, 2011 by   m60m 0 Votes
I'm SO glad I found these posts! I was just about to order these bras. Yes, this site was not easy to find, so I'm sure the company tries to control reviews wherever they can! Hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day today!!
 8th of May, 2011 by   HoneyB 0 Votes
Wow. This was going to be a Mother's Day present to myself and I already had my credit card info entered into the site when something told me to just take another look. I'm so glad I did! A lot of y0u say this info was not easy to find but it was 2nd on the Google search list so please keep this blog going! I work way too hard for way too little and that is a lot to spend on bras even if you are getting a lot of them. You ladies have really saved me much time and heartache as I am a 42DDD and finding a good bra for my size is next to impossible! I know now that my heart would have been broken when that package arrived and it was not what it said it was going to be, and me being the non-confrontational people-pleasing person that I am, I probably would not have even called for a refund. Thanks so much ladies for the heads up and hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!!
 8th of May, 2011 by   ana b2. 0 Votes
thank you, thank you soo much. I was just about to call. I work really hard for my money I don't want anyone to rip me off
 8th of May, 2011 by   Mpatt96 0 Votes
i am a verry small size but i would really like to try it... but im like 14 and i hate little staps and i love sports bras but i dont want them to be so tight... so yea... does anyone know about the ahh bra?
 9th of May, 2011 by   Moakley1964 0 Votes
Thank you sooooo much for your advice! First time I've seen the infomercial for the bra. Googled it because I didn't get the number. Right below their site was yours. I try to read comments before I buy something off of the web or TV. Was going to buy the big order. So glad I did a little research first.
 9th of May, 2011 by   Katorala 0 Votes
Thank you. This saved me from a big mistake.
Katora
 9th of May, 2011 by   OgOk 0 Votes
I made the mistake of placing an order. Not only did they give me a order number they charged me $257.85 for 3 sets instead of 3 bras plus 3 free ones. I've called to correct order and the operators keep stating that my order isn't in their system. They have you waiting on hold in hopes that you hang up. They have minimum information for assistance over the phone and when they say to check out their website you can't retrieve your order until 48 hrs.
They are trying to rip me off for $257.85. I too was trying to by a descent comfortable bra for Mothers Day.
 9th of May, 2011 by   djdiana 0 Votes
I have been trying to cancell my order and their number have been disconnected. I cancelled all the other offers and thought they had cancelled the genie bra also but they charged it to my account and i have not recieved anything, it's been a month already, when they said it was going to be two weeks. i will email them, but need your help. Does anyone have their number besides what i have 1-800-919-8996, 1-800-475-1942. I wish i would of read all of your comments before ordering.
 9th of May, 2011 by   Iris in Vegas 0 Votes
I have a number of 973-287-5154. I hope this helps. This was the biggest flop (literally) ever. I kept looking at that infomercial saying that they looked like a glorified sport bra but I was so convinced after looking at the before and after of those women that I went against my better judgment and ordered. $89.00 and about 6 to 8 weeks later I've got a set of nylon boob covers. They aren't even heavy or strong enough for a woman of my size, 38 D. I was so disappointed, and like all of you I wish I had checked this site first. This was a huge ripoff and trying to call back is a joke as well, but I'm shipping this back this weekend. It's a big fat waste of time and money.
 10th of May, 2011 by   moshpitsoccermom 0 Votes
Thank you all so much for posting! I'm sorry that the bra didn't work out for you that bought it but thank you for sharing so the rest of us don't go through what you did. Mpatty96, a Google search of "aah bra reviews" found the same kinds of comments that are found here. I guess we all keep searching for the perfect comfortable large cup size bra :)
 10th of May, 2011 by   amaggs 0 Votes
Thanks so much for sharing ladies. You saved me from a 4 a.m. slip up! I am sorry to all of you who lost money- what a frustrating situation. You might try selling them on ebay- they obviously work for somebody!!

Japanese Man Scams Over a Billion