logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Shell
on line lottery prize winners among the thousands email id arround the world
3. (20 mins ago)
bmw uk
regarding fake lottery winning
4. (22 mins ago)
Lower my payment today
They are a scam
5. (58 mins ago)
Beulah Grove Baptist Church in Augusta / Concert Event!!
only two good things about concert!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-08-12 by    CarynLlewellyn1212

Confirmation call to recieve $50 Walmart Card

Genie Bra
geniebra.com
I had just completed my order for the Buy 3 get 3 free "Genie Bras" when reviewing the completed order page, I noticed at the bottom of the page in Large Print: Call to Confirm Your Order and Receive a $50 Walmart Card. Thinking I needed to actually call to confirm and thinking "Wow, I could use the $50 Walmart Card, what a great deal" I called. I was then told that I had to sign up for some coupon type of "Trial" offer. I had to repeatedly ask the direct question: "Do you mean if I don't sign up for this "trial" offer, I don't get the Walmart card?" After about 3 times asking, the guy finally said yes. I then read to him what the statement said at the bottom of their ad and it said nothing at all about having to sign up for any "trial" offer to get the Walmart card. I then alerted him to the fact that I was going to report this immediately...the sales rep said a hasty "goodbye" and hung up. Not sure if the bras are what they advertise, and I didn't expect to get anything except for the deal of "buy 3 get 3 free" which in an of itself is a good deal...but this really ticked me off that they're actually using the site as a telemarketer's tool to sell something else. So mad...am I; now wondering if I made a huge mistake trusting this company.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Aug, 2011 by   l.s. walters 0 Votes
Genie Bra!
Good laugh if you ar small and need no support for full size lady. The add must have ladies that have been small or surgically altered.
I may be large in the bust size, but according to the add this will help. Good laugh Genie. As for gift card from Wal-mart, another good laught. Asked to sign up for 3 magazine and receive $50 dollars for each magazine. No such luck. Is this Genie Bra's and Wal-mart way to get peoples address? Never again, and I do tell people that Genie Bra's are not for the full busted ladies need.
L. S. Walters
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   l.s. walters 0 Votes
Genie Bra's
I purchased these bras with the intention as given by the ad's and tv promotion they were made for full figure ladies. That would mean people with large breast. What a laugh this was when I finally received them. They do not fit or do they support any one that is of larger than a Bcup. What a big laugh when I put one on, even a smaller size family member said this has no support. I find that Genie Bra ad's are false and misleading. No support unless you have small breast or have some good musle's.
Also, the agent stated that I would receive 3-$50 dollar gift card from Wal-Mart with the sign up of 3 different magazine. Good Laugh never received those gift cards, and what fun canceling the magazine. Genie and Wal-Mart must be running some scam.
 16th of Oct, 2011 by   Miminonnie 0 Votes
Thanks for your comments. I cannot find a comfortable bra or correct size. I almost fell for the TV commercial. It would have cost me money I do not have
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   IrisBloom 0 Votes
I live in Canada and ordered my Genie Bras from the website. On their website they have a link to redirect you to 'Official Canadian Genie Bra TM Website'. When I got my order, the bra's were too small, I called customer support to make an exchange to bigger size, just to learn that my order went to some 'MixDirect' company in Canada and Genie Bra US are not responsible for the orders in Canada. I called MixDirect and their customer service is not available due to some technical difficulties. Now what? … I believe Genie and MixDirect are running some scam too. Now what?
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   lisssssssssa 0 Votes
Yes I too received magazines that i was charged for that i did'nt order! When I traced them back to genie bra they were EXTEMELY rude on the phone completely UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
 27th of Feb, 2012 by   PixieG 0 Votes
Wish I had read this site first. I received a size too small, and had to return them, which they did handle that quickly. But I too was scammed. The bras are horrible for full-breasted women, able to wear them around the house as support, but would never wear them out as they minimize my size. BUT what really makes me mad is the fraud of the stupid magazines and the Walmart cards. I'm getting the magazines at a monthly charge of $30/month coming out of my account, but have yet to see the Walmart cards. Am so angry! Best idea, go to One Hanes Place online, they have Bali bras on sale OFTEN. They even have some in the clearance section. If they have the larger sizes, they DO support and shape you properly. Never going to wander again!
 23rd of Jun, 2013 by   Valerie J Boyce 0 Votes
I have ordered the Genie Bra. the first time, for some reason, the order clicked over to a Large size when I KNOW I selected the 1Xsize. I had to return them. The people on the other line were very helpful and friendly to me. I decided to try one more time and ordered the 1X - only to receive them and find that 1X and XL are the same size and they are still too small. So - back they go. My size says I should order 1X but I've ordered 2X to see if that works. If not, I will just send them back and get my money back (Only the $60 that the bras cost, mind you. The postal charges were all on me, but at least I'm paying for someone to keep his job!.) I'm hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones and the third time will be the charm. I'm also lucky in that I don't have large breasts so I don't need much support and of ten go without one in the evening around home, whether I stay indoors or go out.

Basically, I think they should change the size ratings. I'm 44" so I should only need a 1X however, that's just too small for me. If these ones don't fit - they are going back and I'll never order again. Also, I never heard of any :WalMart Deal: so maybe that's good...I don''t need magazines...

Craigslist Scam Targets Renters