logo

Penn Warranty Corporation
Rip off
3. (13 mins ago)
wigsway.co.uk
They took money and haven’t provided order
4. (19 mins ago)

Posted:    michelle hanley

refund

housekeeping express
Tennessee
in october 09 i made a terrible decision to order 2 garry vacs for my business. i fell for all the hype. lightweight, free bags exc. the vacs one standard one commercial are such a piece of crap! they didnt last but 5 days. garry vacuum debited my account immediatly for both even though they are supposed to give a 30 day test. i have called every monday since trying to get my money back with them giving me all sorts of excuses. just so you know i did give them the tracking numbers for both. i called again today 12/7/09. again the told me id get my refund in 5-7 days..not falling for that again. i have asked to be contacted by accounts dept since thet wouldnt transfure me.im sopposed to get a call back within 24 hrs. wish me luck! ps save yourself alot of frustration and go with the panisonic vac the 17 lbs is worth it to me.
Comments United States Vacuum Cleaners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010 by   PappyK +3 Votes
DO NOT BUY THIS VACUUM! BELIEVE THE POSTS! THIS IS A SCAM! BEWARE!!
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   shecooley +3 Votes
The Garry is a piece of CRAP... Buyer Beware! It broke in less than 3 months. I should have brought a Oreck!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Johnny_smith +1 Votes
I own a Animal and it only takes me ten sec to use the attachments then guy on the infomercial looks as if he has never used one.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   michelle hanley 0 Votes
DONT BUY THIS VAC! ORECK IS JUST AS BAD TO BREAK. THE LIGHT WEIGHT CONCEPT IS GREAT BUT PERFORMANCE STINKS. GO WITH THE PANISONIC $119 ON LINE. IT WEIGHS 17 IBS BUT LASTS AND WORKS GREAT!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   mary c. ex-customer +2 Votes
DO NOT BUY THE GARRY VACUUM!!! The same thing is happing to me! Mine broke on the 2nd use!!! They wanted to replace it, but I had to pay $50 s&h & then ship the broken vacuum back to them @ my cost!!! After fighting w/their outsourced cust. srv reps (No offense to India or it's people) for over 3hrs for 2 days & getting no where! They hung up on me 3 times, left me on eternial hold several times & one actually LAUGHED IN MY FACE! They refuse let me talk to a "manager" or some w/ the authourity to resolve the problem! They refuse to give me the # to the home office! There is no home phone # listted on the website or any of the mailed material! Their is no listing for the bus in Cal. I can't get a direct # in the states anywhere! Something is VERY wrong w/ that! So I researched Garry Vac on line & found many similar complaints about their product & customer service! I no longer trust this company! I DO NOT want a replacement vac. that will most likely break w/in 2-5 useses! The product quality sucks! & the customer srv. is horrible! I have never been treated so badley by any repretiable company! I have never been charged to replace a DEFECTIVE product or been asked to ship the broken product back @ MY COST! I called back the next day & asked for a full refund & they REFUSED & offered to replace the vac. but I would still have to pay to ship the broken vac. back to them @ my cost & if they did not recieve the broken vac for any reason including lost or damaged during shipping they would automatically charge my card $200! ARE U KIDDING ME! No deal! I refused & demanded a refund! Again they refused...& refused to give me the # to the home office or let me talk to anyone w/ the authority to resolve this problem! & so I am here! PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS VACUUM! & If you or anyone you know has a similar story PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMPLAINT! Maybe they will learnto treat their customers better & fix their product if they lose enough bus.! Personaly I think it is a SCAM too! I have already registered a compaint to the BBB of Southland ( Colton, Ca.) who is handles Garry Vacuum! The BBB # is 1-909-825-6246 or find them online & register you complaint before another person gets ripped off!
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   fccandles +2 Votes
What a rip off! I bought this vacuum and it boke in 3 months! Now I have to pay to ship my broken one back if I want a replacement? It is DEFECTIVE! I have only used this a dozen times. The guy on the phone was rude, and stated that if I did not return the broken one, they would charge my cc $200.00!!! I just finished paying for the junk! When I asked to speak to a manager he refused! I will be reporting them!
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   screwlesbygerry +2 Votes
I have been fighting with them since June 7th for a replacement belt and screw that holds the belt cover in place. I call every week because I'm told it will be here in a few days. I am not allowed to talk to a supervisor and am conveniently cut off when I call back. I will never buy from this company again. I am so frustrated it isn't even funny. I was given a $10.00 credit the first time I called and today I was given a $20.00 credit. They over charged me to begin with if you ask me anyway. I thought I finally found a good vacuum when I received mine but no the belt broke within a week and the screw was gone now no belt and no screw. This company needs to be stopped from abusing people.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Drexellake69 +1 Votes
If you fall for their lies you deserve the trash you get. Read these reviews and the consumer reports review that states three vacs for under $90 that are much better. Save your money and don't get jacked by Garry.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   LIL RHODEY +1 Votes
BUYERS BEWARE...JUNK...JUNK...JUNK...WORST VACUUM MADE. ITS LIGHTWEIGHT BECAUSE THERE IS NO POWER IN IT. I HAVE 4 ROOMS OF CARPET AND THIS VACUUM COULDN'T HANDLE ONE ROOM. THE WORST INVESTMENT I HAVE EVER MADE. PLEASE BE SMART AND DON'T FALL FOR THE LINE OF BULL THEY GIVE YOU...
PROTECT YOUR MONEY...
 15th of Aug, 2010 by   Garry is a rip off +1 Votes
Garry Vacuum is a scam. The centrifigual blower fan will come apart. Poor quality and your vacuum will be short lived. I turned mine on, and (((WHAM))) it was locked up tight. I opened it up to find the blower had come apart. It isnt able to take prolonged high speeds. And your replacement one if you dumb enough to keep spending the $100 for each free replacement ($50 to ship you a new one, then $50 to ship your pile of garbage back) will drive the price of this low cost vacuum cleaner way past the real high quality vacuums. But you will still have a pile of junk. Cut your losses, dont get sucked into a free replacement, get a new vacuum and send a complaint to the BBB (Garry even has unethical business practices, you even waived your rights as a consumer when you buy, did you know this?) plus the free bags etc arent free. Go out, maybe get an Oreck XL, I just did it, and it appears they (Garry) tried to copy it to a "T". One good thing, all your little attatchments from the Garry will fit the Oreck handheld vacuum. Toss the rest in the trash.
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   st.lulu 0 Votes
Is there anything that can be done about this company but complain? Mine broke after 5 months and I got the same run around. No supervisor to talk to and $50 shipping and handling to send another one. Why are they allowed to get away with this? I thought it was a good vacuum until now. I don't know how I missed all the complains on the web when I purchased it. If anyone is thinking about this product STOP there is NO customer service unless you want to keep giving there company all your hard earned money. From a single mother of two I can't just through my money or the vacuum away. I hope someone puts a stop to this company or teaches them about customer service.
 10th of Oct, 2010 by   Robin4462 0 Votes
I've had the same experiences that I've read about here...If only I'd read this BEFORE I bought a Garry vac. I had only had my vacuum about 2 months when it broke. I liked it to begin with so I did the replacement thing, and low and behold 2 months later I have the same thing happen to the replacement. I think it is a scam too. I will be reporting them too and I'll try the Panasonic next...$300 invested in this piece of crap and still no vacuum. What a rip off!
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   noel 0 Votes
i have been though 5 garry vacume in a period of two years and the fan breaks every time they should make this fan blower out of metal and not plastic and the customers would be happy with this choose
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   Garry Vacuums Suck 0 Votes
The Garry Vacuum is a cheaply made, poorly designed piece of garbage. My dad bought one and had it for a few months and it starts making this loud frigging noise. He calls and their warranty is a joke, costs like a hundred bucks for another piece of garbage. They won't just send you the part--noooooo. I opened it up and whoever designed this thing must be an idiot. Cheaply made plastic parts that are not nearly stout enough for the stresses put on it from the handle. The handle should have been made of plastic and the motor shroud and fan made out of metal. I bought my wife a Shark and it's great--she loves that thing. I replaced two Kirby's with it and she can't believe how much dirt, dust, and cat hair it picks up--and how light it is compared to the Kirbys. I gave those to our kids--they at least never stop running and you can get any part for them you need. This Garry piece of poop is going in the dumpster--I'll cut the cord off as I may be able to use that. Do not buy a Garry--it is so cheap--any dirt devil would be better--I kid you not. Their customer service sucks--their product sucks--if you want to throw your money away, give it to church or homeless people or orphans--don't buy a Garry vacuum. Buy a Shark--cheaper than a Garry and 1000 times better--or buy a Dysan--it's great--expensive, but excellent. Buy anything--but don't buy a Garry Ultralight Professional piece of garbage. I should take pictures of the insides of this thing to show you guys, as it is laying on the floor in front of me right now. It is soooooo cheaply made--one look at the guts and you would say, "That costs $200 bucks? Well, my dad's 200 bucks is going out in the dumpster in five minutes. Take your 200 bucks and buy yourself something nice--not a Garry Vacuum.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   garry professional 0 Votes
my name is ronald larson and i bought a garry professional vaccum the first unit went bad you sent me a new one i still have the one that burned out and you took another 200.00 out of my account i was never told where to send the bad vaccum it was only 3 months old i need my money put back in my account immediatly and know where to send the bad vaccum i need the money for medicine my name is ronald larson, 312 w nippersink dr mcherny ill 60050 i gave you a debit card ending in 1779. please sent me the info to sent that vaccum back and put my money back in my account asap, i need my medicine now it was taken from harris bank 1/24/2011 please cooperate with me my number is 847-946-1308 please call me tomorrow so i can return the bad vaccum and get my money for my medicine i bought the unit in good faith please dont let me down ronald larson, ps i need the money for important medicine i have to have the debit card was a master card i need to here from you tomorrow
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   A little more informed than others 0 Votes
Garry Vac is owned by Envion LLC who is out of California. Their physical address registered with the California Secretary of State is: 7821 Orion Ave Ste 200 Van Nuys CA 91406-2032 ph 818-217-2500 fax# 818-217-3500. Key personnel lists as CFO - Mark Funk, EVP - Michael Badar & Noreen Noble, Pres/CEO is Peter Spiegel. Peter Spiegel is also pres/CEO of Sylmark Co showing same addr only in Lake Balboa CA 91406-2032 phn 818-217-2000 fax 818-785-0100 - Personnel is: Andro Barac VP, International, Mark Funk CFO, Michael Badar EVP, Noreen Noble Mktg. Dir, Peter Spiegel CEO. Theres also Kiiera
P.O. Box 3373 Hollywood California 90078 Phone: 818 217-3005 and their personnel is: Peter Spiegel - Founder and CEO, Marvin Higbee - President, Mark Funk - Chief Financial Officer, Dave Cattani - Executive Vice President, Noreen Noble - Sr Director of Marketing. These same folks have their hands in multiple corporations (with their corporations established in Delaware for tax purposes, ahem...) and doing biz in California under several names. They are doing business legally. It is no surpise that every purchase of the Garry is agreeing to the Arbitration Agreement listed on their site. Where they are required to list this info they bank on most consumers not having idea exactly what this means and how this limits them. I cannot begin to tell you how much money people make because most of the general public is not aware of their rights as consumers, individuals or small business owners. Its absolutely frightening. If you are a Garry owner you are bound by the arbitration agreement. I am providing this information because I know many people had questions and could not find this info. Reading what I have read today and after researching the company in the same way I did so for a living for 20 yrs I myself would not purchase a Garry vac and would hesitate to purchase any product manufactured by Envion. That is a personal choice. I am not an attorney and am not providing any legal advice of any kind. I have provided this information for your use at your discrestion. Best of luck to you all.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   Gdauss 0 Votes
We replaced two Garry's and never realized the hidden $79 charge/each shipping till later. Parts are not available and their customer service is in India!!! DO NOT BUY! An Orek is more effective for the weight. Run Forrest, Run!
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   mickie wallace 0 Votes
We were fully prepared to buy one but thank goodness for this complaint section..i will trust these people & save our $!!
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   Choose Wisely 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! I bought this as a Christmas Present for my mom. The vacuum was used 1 time and did not work at all!. I immediately called back in December to ensure that I was within the 30 days-- and was told it was "No Problem"-- they would send me a return shipping label and would get a full refund. I nevrr received the return shipping label, and after repeated calls, was getting no where. I was finally told that the 30 days had expired and I would need to pay over $100.00 to ship it back and could no longer get my money back. I also had been trying to stop the "free bags". However they keep sending me the bags and charging me for the shipping of the bags.. Finally I was tired of it, and tried to speak with a manager, and was told no-- that they would "cancel the bags, but i was stuck with a vacuum, and could NEVER get any more bags". They also hung up on me.

FYI-- the call center is based in India, and it is a law that they MUST connect you with a representative from the US, but they will refuse, and yell at you. I was told that this was now my problem, and they didn't care that the product they sell does not work. I was told by 3 different supervisors that they have numerous complaints and know that it has problems, but once the 30 days is up, they don't care.

This is all a scam.. You call within the 30 days and they procrastinate untiolo the 30 days are up... so that they don't have to give you a refund.

Also FYI-- the US contact information is: Peter Spiegel.. (818) 217-2500-- Maybe if he get enough calls..they will run the business better.. I also filed a complaint with the BBB -- maybe that will help!
 28th of Mar, 2012 by   LSabousky 0 Votes
I have actually enjoyed the Garry Vac but !!! I have been waiting for a belt for a month now! I emailed the owner of the company and complained about needing another belt so soon and he promised to send me one at no charge!! Great ! Thank You... 2 weeks later - emailed him again and told him how disappointed I was in him ! He emailed me back and said the belt was "out of stock" !!! Out of stock??? Are you seriious???? Anyway, I said OK and - here I am = another two weeks and still NO BELT ! They are ruining their business and my good comments because of a BELT???? Well, serves them right I guess!

Social Security Identity Theft