logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (10 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
3. (15 mins ago)
KFC
Filthy conditions, staff uniforms, service and smell
4. (21 mins ago)
Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge
Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!
5. (23 mins ago)

Garmin

Posted:    TedP91

Bad service

Garmin
My gps kept having 'pop-up messages' telling me that my maps were outdated and that I should go online and update them in my StreetPilot c330. I finally gave in and purchased the upgrade for the newer maps. But, when I did, it erased all of the canals in my city. I live in Cape Coral Florida, and this city happens to be the city with the most canals/waterways in the world! There are over 400 miles of canals here and you have to see them to know where you are in the city.

After complaining and several correspondences to the company, they reluctantly refunded the $119.00 to my credit card, but refused to do anything about my ruined gps unit. They said the roads are on there and some of the older units like mine won't show the water overlays with the upgraded maps.

I told them I wanted the old map back and they said they didn't have that software any longer and wouldn't do anything about it. When I kept insisting that you need to see where the waterways are in this city and that even the Caloosahatchee River, which is over a mile wide, is missing from the maps, they said it was just too bad.

Bottom line is that when I upgraded, because they have a pop-up program that brow beats you to upgrade, and it rendered my unit unusable for this area. They screwed me and won't do anything to make it right.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments