logo

3. (2 mins ago)
Club Intrawest
deceptive business practices
4. (8 mins ago)
Enterprise Financial Group, Inc (EFG)
Extended Warranty Scam

Posted:    Valerie

Awful everything

Funtonia
funtonia.com
I went to this website to purchase ringtones for my cellphone. I was lured in by the perceived ease and simplicity of the service. I entered my credit card information and purchased a package of unlimited ringtones for my phone for a year. After purchasing I then found out that I must have an internet connection on my phone or a USB cable for the ringtones to be transferred to my phone.

I have neither of these and panicked when I constantly tried to get the ringtones downloaded to my cell phone... After numerous attempts and failures I decided to cancel this service. Their instructions are vague and unclear and almost impossible for the average person to understand. The only customer service they offer is an email address... so I emailed them immediately to demand cancellation and refund to my credit card.

I did not hear from them for several days and then I was sent 2 emails explaining that refunds are not always given when requested. Included in one of these short but sweet emails was a link to their 'terms and conditions page' where it nicely explains refunds are not given for personal reasons. I guess the fact that I cannot utilize their services after they have been paid is a personal issue!!! One of the emails stated that an 80% refund would be given to me. So they keep 20% just because they can (see terms and conditions page once again).

I emailed them and let them know how unhappy and furious I was... I told them I would never do business with them again and I would write reviews on every consumer page I could find. So in my opinion, this company is shady and deceptive and prey on people who do not fully understand the process of ringtones and downloading them to your cell phone.

I should have researched before I fell prey to their tactics... so it really is my fault for allowing this to happen. Since this has happened I decided to search them online and found several bad reviews on various pages. If only I had done the research first!!! Hopefully my experience will help someone avoid this unfortunate situation in the future.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Oct, 2008 by   unknown 0 Votes
I just did the same thing. i didnt research before id payed. i cancelled my card to make sure there is no other charges. this sucks
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   unknown 0 Votes
i just figured out how to get ur ringtons. get a memory card reader and put ur memory card in it, put it in the usb slot and go to open files and find the file that goes to ur phone like motorola or LG etc.. then go to ur account and pick ur songs download them to ur account then pic mp3 to format the ringtons and up comes desktop and save it for whatever name u want then exit out of that and the songs should have their own icon on the main screen. so then right click and copy then go to ur removable disk drive find what make ur phone is right click on that and paste then the song saves to ur memory card. hope this isnt too confusing. they do have a person give directions from the company u just have too look for it. its under using usb cable.
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   michelle. Uk 0 Votes
im not happy with funtonia. They said i would get charged $1.99 and they charged me £15.99. How do i get my money back and cancel subscription?

Identity Theft Scam