logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (2 mins ago)
Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator
model # FGHB2844LF4 (What a piece of junk)
2. (4 mins ago)
grantresource.com
Charging of my account
5. (13 mins ago)
CustomerCarePage.com
Fraudulent charges without my notice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Fromer Eye Centers, New York Complaints & Reviews - Charged for work not performed

Fromer Eye Centers Contacts & Informations

Fromer Eye Centers

Posted:    fromer eye center

Charged for work not performed

Fromer Eye Center
New York
Fromer Eye Center charged me $150 for a contact perscription. I was told by the doctor it would take 2 to 3 days for my contacts. Six weeks later no contacts they refuse to give me the persription so I can buy the contacts elsewhere and they refuse to refund any of my money. This place is a total scam. DO NOT GO TO THIS EYE DOCTOR!!!
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2010 by   Administrator1 0 Votes
The patient was seen in our office for a contact lens examination. The patient’s prescription was not a basic prescription and therefore required to be special ordered and took longer than a standard lens order. The patient declined to come back to be fitted with the trial lenses and requested his prescription. The patient was explained delays rarely happen, but can occur if a lens is on back order or a special order. Medically/legally, a prescription for contact lenses cannot be released to a patient without the doctor performing a follow up appointment to verify the lenses fit correctly. The patient expressed his dissatisfaction in the delay and was given a 100% refund prior to his comments below. The patient was given an opportunity to return for a follow up exam, but declined. The patient also declined any reasonable accommodations offered by the administrator to resolve the matter.
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   kevin mcd 0 Votes
THIS STATEMENT IS A LIE TO COVER THEMSELVES.

First, Fromer never offered anything untill this complaint was posted ( I have the phone records if Fromer wants to continue to lie) it was only then did they offer my money back. Prior to posting I was told over and over no refund and no contacts.
Second, Fromer called one day after the post went up. They explained that the truth is THEY LOST ONE OF THE CONTACTS. The fact that they posted this whole lie continues to prove what a scam this place is.
Third, they never explain why a doctor, who just did the examination, had the receptionist make an appointment for within the week, clerarly indicating that I was informed that my contacts would be ready in 2-3 business days.
Fromer said they were sorry and that they were at fault for loosing my contacts and not calling to me after six weeks of waiting. Now they want use this forum to continue their scam.

THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL SCAM !!!
 29th of Oct, 2010 by   lisabolo 0 Votes
Yes, you are correct, don't ever go to Fromer Eye Center! I went to the Bronx location, and NONE of my eyecare concerns were addressed. I am in my mid-40s and recently began experiencing severe eye pain, blurred vision at night and inability to see street signs while driving. I spent 3 HOURS there and neither Dr. Daniele Jean or Fr. Maayan Keshet did not address my complaints in any manner. My concerns about my vision changes and the health of my eyes remained UNADDRESSED. The Technicians even took my eyeglass prescription incorrectly and could not clarify the new eye prescription in any way. I have spoken with their Bronx office AT LENGTH three times over the past 3 days, and still no resolution. I HAVE NEVER been to a medical office were my medical complaints were NOT addressed at all, as is the case with Fromer Eye Centers. They should be put out of business and cited for patient contempt, because that is the way I feel, particularly after dealing with "Dr." Keshet.

Creative College Financing