Freelotto

Winning notification scam

4.6
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia
Just received this SMS on my mobile from +447920490379 and I am assuming it is a fake:
CONGRAT: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON FOR YOU $2, 000, 000 USD IN THE FREELOTTO MOBILE PROMO. FOR CLAIMS, SEND EMAIL: freelottoagent72@aol.co.uk & CALL: +447035924026

I would love it to be true but I would also like to think I am not that stupid to be sucked in by a very obvious fake winning notification.
Complaint comments Comments (57) Complaint country Australia Complaint category Lottery Scams

Comments

8th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
lol i hate this stupid txt. My dad woke me up at 1.49 in the am to claim the 2million.lmao he had high hopes and then i decided to google it because it was obvious it was a fake. I feel bad now. My dad wants to see the sender in person ! haha

.girl from syd
 12th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just received the txt. Im guessing you send them your details and they put you on a mailing list. Worst case its some identity theft scam. Id love to know some way to get back at them.. Really stuff them up.
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Pni Freelotto Fast Svc Freelotto.comny - Not able to make cancellation and was charged
Free Lotto
Singapore
freelotto.com

My credit card was charged last month although i have cancelled the subscription.. Only then i realise, there's isnt any tool in the website to allow me to deactivate the account complete.. Pls help and do the necessary.. Thank You..

26/03 PNI*FREELOTTO FAST SVC FREELOTTO.COMNY
USD 14.99 SGD 21.61
 10th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got the same text and i think something needs to be done.
 13th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got this text yesterday and the alarm bells went off. I received a similar letter or text to the same effect a few years ago and it screamed "scam". Best just to ignore and keep dreaming. LOL
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi i got a email from freelotto saying that im eligible to win $300, $10, 000, $, 50, 000 when i just signed up its saying to verify my pin i thought i would investigate first basically its saying that i have to sign up with F.A.S.T service and i have to pay $14.99 a month and when i do this i submit my TSN number and i claim this what should i do and it says to pay by July the 2nd and thats in 2 days
 11th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
hey all you gooses, dumb enough to believe, i just got the same hoax too
but i did something about it, i text the number they left on my phone and
told them, whoever the fuck wits might be, to suck my big fat c...
 7th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just received this txt, looks like whoeva was sending them, is back at it!! I too got a little excited, although, all along knew it to be a scam!!! Really, these ppl that waste all this time scamming ppl, should go out and get a real job!!!
 24th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I also received this text. Not once but twice. Both from +233204435857 but with different email addresses. The text read:YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WOND YOU 720, 000 (POUNDS) IN THE FREE LOTTOT MOBILE PROMOTION FOR CLAIMS EMAIL YOUR FULL NAME AND MOBILE NUMBER TO...
I also believe is a scam to build a database using mobile numbers.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Gday, yep, they got me too. I emailed and recieved an email telling me to contact the couriers for the cheque. the couriers got back to me via email telling me to wetern Union 400 Pounds. Seems a lot for an envelope with a cheque in it doesnt it? Not only that but i got the email at 3.00 Pm Aussie time, that makes it about 3.00 A.M in London, seems odd to have the offices ofa so called legitimate business manned at that hour does it not?? What a bunch of ****** do they think we are that bloody stupid?
 28th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
how can we find this non australian speaken fuckhead and beat the fuk out of him and yes i got the message today also from 2332o5774916 emaialfreeprize93@live.com call 447024077928
 29th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
i just received on to in Qld Australia, but mine was only $500, 000 how rude!!! yes got a bit excited and thought its to good to be true and decided to google, thanks everyone for the warnings :)
 31st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just received a text message last night at 6:30pm, and it said exactly the same as 'aussi1'. I decided to google this bunch before doing anything, since I didn't trust them. Suspicion confirmed, a scam of course!
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by    -1 Votes
oh my god are u guys crazy my mum got this exact text 2 weeks ago ppl, its not fake i emailed them back my mums details, and a cheque was isseud in her name not negotiable of course, and they give ur cheque to elitexpress courier service and i know this sounds like a scam but all u have to do is pay the courier service $450 for 48 hour delivery to australia, nothing to do with the freelotto, its the courier service u have to pay free lottos prizes r completly insured so at tax time they get it all back they dont get courier back so thats what u have to do, theres legal acts and everything all through ur e0mails proving its not a scam, my mum recieved her cheque in 48 hours it was $2, 000, 000 us so mum got $2, 087, 000, cheque took 8 days to clear at the time I got $600, 000, I was bbroke a week ago, and now im set...SERIOUSLY ACT ON THESE E-MAILS PEOPLE PLEASE U DONT KNOW WHAT UR MISSING OUT ON!!!
FROM CENTRAL WEST IN AUSTRALIA, , , , , , DONT IGNORE THIS PLEASE I KNOW $450 SEEMS ALOT BUT FOR OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS WELL WORTH IT!!!
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Yeah whatever. I hope you're paid enough for that load of drivel Mokomoko.
I've just recieved the same SMS, from UK, would have been sent about 9pm their time.
For a start, where exactly is Central West in Australia? lol
Secondly, check out the frequency of these texts, if not a scam, where does that kind of dough come from?
If you've got that kind of money, send mine to the flood fund. Cheers
 19th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I got this at 1.34am! grrrrrrr via my mobile..(not sure where they got it from)
Congratulations! Your number has won you 2, 000, 000 pounds in the FREELOTTO.COM mobile promo.
for claims semd ref UK*** to email mob.claim@w.cn
tel+447440033255
Besides waking me up, the thing that concerns me is that given they have my mobile number am I going to go through
being charged for them to send text messages to me...as happened when I first bought my phone thru optus and found that the number they gave me was registered by a previous owner and was still received garbage messages and being charged for them!!!
 23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Pni*freelotto Fast 212 - fraud
pni*freelotto fast 212
16/8 yeaman place
Edinburgh
Scotland, Lothian
United Kingdom
Phone: 01314777981

I have had money taken out my account every month since at least January. I hadnt noticed till now but this is a subscription for lotto that I have never set up so can you please help to have this subscription cancelled a.s.a.p. I have been in touch with the bank and the fraud team but they say I need to contact them! There phone number in Ireland doesnt exist anymore. It is a fraudulent lotto scam, please help.
email xwee_lynnx@hotmail.co.uk
phone 01314777981 or mobile 07814536565
 8th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
i just recieved the message and they told me to pay 550 pounnds to just send the winning cheque hahahaha im never going to pay and they even said it wasn't a hoax and told me not to tell anyone.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Freelotto Company - please hepl me
plasma incorporation
grand central station
New York
freelotto.com

madam/sir...this website kept sending me a message that i won a million dollars, and dollars...how can i believe if this is true what they sending me, , pls.help me to stop sending me a non sense and a joke

4th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have canceled my pni*freelotto fast svc freelotto.comNY and still charge me to my Visa card

FreeLotto Logo FreeLotto