logo

Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Freelotto, Sydney, New South Wales Complaints & Reviews - Winning notification scam

FreeLotto Contacts & Informations

Freelotto

Posted:    aussi1

Winning notification scam

Sydney, New South Wales
Australia
Just received this SMS on my mobile from +447920490379 and I am assuming it is a fake:
CONGRAT: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON FOR YOU $2, 000, 000 USD IN THE FREELOTTO MOBILE PROMO. FOR CLAIMS, SEND EMAIL: freelottoagent72@aol.co.uk & CALL: +447035924026

I would love it to be true but I would also like to think I am not that stupid to be sucked in by a very obvious fake winning notification.
Comments Australia Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2011 by   ChrisNic 0 Votes
I also received this text. Not once but twice. Both from +233204435857 but with different email addresses. The text read:YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WOND YOU 720, 000 (POUNDS) IN THE FREE LOTTOT MOBILE PROMOTION FOR CLAIMS EMAIL YOUR FULL NAME AND MOBILE NUMBER TO...
I also believe is a scam to build a database using mobile numbers.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   take me away cryptonite 0 Votes
Gday, yep, they got me too. I emailed and recieved an email telling me to contact the couriers for the cheque. the couriers got back to me via email telling me to wetern Union 400 Pounds. Seems a lot for an envelope with a cheque in it doesnt it? Not only that but i got the email at 3.00 Pm Aussie time, that makes it about 3.00 A.M in London, seems odd to have the offices ofa so called legitimate business manned at that hour does it not?? What a bunch of ****** do they think we are that bloody stupid?
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   okshopper 0 Votes
how can we find this non australian speaken fuckhead and beat the fuk out of him and yes i got the message today also from 2332o5774916 emaialfreeprize93@live.com call 447024077928
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   scamming barstards 0 Votes
i just received on to in Qld Australia, but mine was only $500, 000 how rude!!! yes got a bit excited and thought its to good to be true and decided to google, thanks everyone for the warnings :)
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   colixia 0 Votes
I just received a text message last night at 6:30pm, and it said exactly the same as 'aussi1'. I decided to google this bunch before doing anything, since I didn't trust them. Suspicion confirmed, a scam of course!
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   mokomoko_25 -1 Votes
oh my god are u guys crazy my mum got this exact text 2 weeks ago ppl, its not fake i emailed them back my mums details, and a cheque was isseud in her name not negotiable of course, and they give ur cheque to elitexpress courier service and i know this sounds like a scam but all u have to do is pay the courier service $450 for 48 hour delivery to australia, nothing to do with the freelotto, its the courier service u have to pay free lottos prizes r completly insured so at tax time they get it all back they dont get courier back so thats what u have to do, theres legal acts and everything all through ur e0mails proving its not a scam, my mum recieved her cheque in 48 hours it was $2, 000, 000 us so mum got $2, 087, 000, cheque took 8 days to clear at the time I got $600, 000, I was bbroke a week ago, and now im set...SERIOUSLY ACT ON THESE E-MAILS PEOPLE PLEASE U DONT KNOW WHAT UR MISSING OUT ON!!!
FROM CENTRAL WEST IN AUSTRALIA, , , , , , DONT IGNORE THIS PLEASE I KNOW $450 SEEMS ALOT BUT FOR OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS WELL WORTH IT!!!
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   shove it +1 Votes
Yeah whatever. I hope you're paid enough for that load of drivel Mokomoko.
I've just recieved the same SMS, from UK, would have been sent about 9pm their time.
For a start, where exactly is Central West in Australia? lol
Secondly, check out the frequency of these texts, if not a scam, where does that kind of dough come from?
If you've got that kind of money, send mine to the flood fund. Cheers
 19th of May, 2011 by   dunemaiden 0 Votes
I got this at 1.34am! grrrrrrr via my mobile..(not sure where they got it from)
Congratulations! Your number has won you 2, 000, 000 pounds in the FREELOTTO.COM mobile promo.
for claims semd ref UK*** to email mob.claim@w.cn
tel+447440033255
Besides waking me up, the thing that concerns me is that given they have my mobile number am I going to go through
being charged for them to send text messages to me...as happened when I first bought my phone thru optus and found that the number they gave me was registered by a previous owner and was still received garbage messages and being charged for them!!!
 8th of Jul, 2011 by   bubblegum54321 0 Votes
i just recieved the message and they told me to pay 550 pounnds to just send the winning cheque hahahaha im never going to pay and they even said it wasn't a hoax and told me not to tell anyone.
 13th of Nov, 2011 by   OccupyEverything 0 Votes
I guess this was going to happen. Especially when you contact a call centre which is not located in Australia. They take your details and then send you some an SMS saying that you some some sort of lottery where in fact it would be a call centre representative from India or Philippines who need some extra money to support themselves because even in these countries it would be hard to live on 400 Rupees or Pesos a month. Solution. Change you mobile carrier whose call centre is based in Australia where there are strict privacy laws.
 8th of May, 2012 by   nafy3 0 Votes
My dad also received de message if its real pls contact us so dat we will know de neccesary things to do because we need money to sort things out (from nigeria)
 1st of Nov, 2012 by   Warle 0 Votes
I just got the same thing. Sent it to me twice in less than 30 seconds. Says I just won 1 million - yea right. I scared as to whether it would charge me for the text, considering how these kind of texts are notorious for this kind of thing. And it seems as though they use a different email each time they try the scam. For mine, they gave me fruklot14@gmail.com.

Here's the message:
www.freelotto.com
Congrats!!!
You won £1, 000, 000 on the drawing no: #2112
Please email us to claim your prize: fruklot14@gmail.com
Transaction no: 1AE76

Anyone that wants to 'claim' this prize go ahead lol. Just give me a buzz when you win something XD.
 18th of Jan, 2013 by   shane99 0 Votes
got message today from +34602697305 saying that i won 2mil us in the free lotto mobile prmo uk email name and mobile number to prizepro@live.com this is a scam
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   Zoz 0 Votes
Yeah just got the same message as above, different number +34602699839.
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   melb_girl 0 Votes
I just got something similar as a text message "YOUR NUMBER HAS WON YOU $2, 000, 000.00 USD IN THE FREELOTTO MOBILE PROMO UK. FOR CLAIMS, EMAIL (NAME & MOBILE) TO prizepro@live.com" from +34 602 697 305.
I assumed scam but am here online - just checking for scam threads and voila, here it is.
Definitely a scam, however I simply love mokomoko_25 explanation on this thread!!! Mate, you ARE funny... oh, so it's just the courier I got to pay for? What ... are you sending me my winnings in lead boxes? Since when does couriering a piece of paper anywhere cost $450? DUH!! And what global lotto from the UK gives out prize money in USD and notifies AUS "winners" by text message from a Spanish number asking for the mobile to which they've just sent a text?
Ah it makes me laugh... sigh... sad thing is some people actually respond to these messages - scammers make money else they'd give up. So here's to spreading the word that this is a SCAM.
 21st of Jan, 2013 by   Cyber Crime Bureau UK 0 Votes
Hello

It is True that there are Series of Lottery bodies that are Giving Out Cash Reward from UK.

Unfortunately Mobile Numbers and Email Addresses of Winners has been Hacked, and Winners are Now been Contacted Illegally.

Do not respond to the senders of these Messages, as they are not in Position to Pay you your Winning PRIZE.Send your Full Name, Address, Telephone Number and Winning Message you received to the United Kingdom Investigation Bureau
on cybercrimebureau@rocketmail.com so as to enable them ascertain if you really won the Lottery and give you true information on how your winnings can be Collected.

You Will also be Informed if the Winning Message you Received is a Fraud Notification.
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by   Brianob 0 Votes
Nice one Cyber Crime Bureau UK! Obviously English is not your 1st language and it's obvious you are another part of the lottery scam.
ATTENTION MODERATOR - Please remove Cyber Crime Bureau UK from the thread!!!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   lemekani chirwa 0 Votes
this is a hoax because you don't win money where you have not participated in any competition. where on earth can you give someone $2, 000, 000 freely! stop fooling people on line.
 25th of Apr, 2013 by   Nothen girl 0 Votes
I live on the other side of the world - in Norway. I've won too! 2 mill US$!!! They obviously have found out that aussies and new-zealanders are to smart to be hooked by their scam. So now they hope norwegians are dumber!
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   DEADMONE 0 Votes
Hi, from spain Barcelona, i recived same SMS from +447438526240 should answerd to prizepro@live. Were do we get does 2.000.000 USD ? Oh and mokomoko_25 please contact me !!! can you pay $450 for me !!! i give you 1.000.000 USD. If you are so sur of you then pay for us the 450$ and you will be rich !!!
Best regards