logo

Product Misrepresentation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds Complaints & Reviews - Just another lottery scam!

FreeLotto Contacts & Informations

Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds

Posted:    Valerie

Just another lottery scam!

Received an e-mail from again requesting my Immediate Attention Requested - Reply by 12/20/06. It state's it is from the Division of Unclaimed Funds. It is in a form of a check with the address of Freelotto on it on the upper left side of the check. On the upper right hand side of the check it gives a check number of M98211. It state's pay the amount of 1 Million Dollars and has my name and address on it and is signed by Patrick J. Chambers. This not the only Prize that company has said I have won.

Beware people!

Comments United States Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2007 by   Karan Rajani 0 Votes
I also get same scam but on my email address so i also want to fight with them.
 6th of Jan, 2007 by   S VENKATESH 0 Votes
Even my self suffered like others, I have paid 14.99$ twice and the result was nil... My no.+919885561368 (India)
 24th of Jan, 2007 by   Karyn Solochek 0 Votes
I am a Senior Fraud Victim Advocate with Fraudaid.org , first of all what you have experienced is what we call a Fake Lottery Scam. It is designed for one purpose only and that is to get innocent and unsuspecting people involved in the fantasy of winning a ton of money. They use this scam to do one of two things:

Launder money by sending you a check with your winnings letter and instructing you to depsosit the check and send off a portion of it to pay so called fees and taxes to free up your winnings OR for the purpose of getting you to pay advanced fees to gain access to your winnings. Here are the cold hard facts:

1. If you did not purchase a lottery ticket , you could not have won that lottery. Why? Lotteries only exist on the money gained through the sale of tickets. The money they get from people purchasing tickets IS the money or at least a portion of that money that is dished out in winnings.

2. IF you have gotten a surprise winning notification and a check from a lottery company you had better verify that the lottery is real and that the check was indeed issued to you by the " Account Holder". Most likely that check is Counterfeit and you can wind up in a heap of trouble either with your bank or legally if you cash it.

NEVER EVER send money to anyone you do not know via services like Western Union, Money Gram etc based on a sales pitch or promise. Those services are widely used to scam people out of hard earned money. Why? Simply put... once that money is sent and picked up at the other end there is NO way to retrieve it or to recover your losses.

For more information on scams and how to protect yourself visit us at www.fraudaid.org What you do not know can hurt you.

Always remember .......

Silence is a thief's best friend..... word-of-mouth is his worst enemy! Spread the word.
 8th of Feb, 2007 by   parkash singh 0 Votes
I have won but i am not sure.
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   Anon Rodkomin 0 Votes
I have received mail from freelotto that I won the prize on the 23 of February, 2007. But I can not claim my prize. Another lottery scam!
 5th of Apr, 2007 by   Samer Jaber 0 Votes
I joined FreeLotto for more that 3 months, but I didn't pay for tickets, I just had a free account, one day I decided to quit, after one week I received the first email from Free Lotto stating that I won a $ 1,000,000 prize and I need to verify via Visa card and pay the advanced bills, one of the emails they sent me included an unprintable check of $ 1,000,000, I tried to print the check, but it didn't appear on the printed page, so I used the print screen facility to print the check and I have it now.

I am sure that this check will not lead me to the million dollars, but I am wondering if I can sue those bastards for their non-stopping scams.
 10th of Apr, 2007 by   Morid Rahim 0 Votes
I've got the same email from freelotto.com telling me that I have won 1 million dollars, and they needed my information for verification purposes and its already given to them... They asked me to send money via western union with the amount of $750 to release them winnings, but I have never actually sent any amount of money, as I did some research about this bullshit total scam website.
 16th of Apr, 2007 by   Sridharkumar Thirunahari 0 Votes
Even i have received a email from freelotto.com/winners@freelotto.com

Saying that i am a winner of three checks and i must claim through credit card since 6months i am getting these emails and i am un able to understand why these people are doing so...

It seems there is a conspiracy in this indeed its like a scam...
 17th of Apr, 2007 by   Andrew Martin 0 Votes
Yes free Lotto is a big SCAM!!! I am glad i found out from early... I signed up with them just two days ago and they were asking for me to verify my account with my credit card so i skipped that part... The next day i got an email of me winning both $1M and $300 but i need to verify my account which again is asking for my credit card... It is a damn Scam... If it is free why the hell they need my credit card info!!! Pure Bull!!!
 26th of Apr, 2007 by   Mukesh Kumar Bohat 0 Votes
Last six month i am receiving this email regarding winner of 3 prizes I contacted so many times but no result. I dont think I will ever get this amount this is only waste of time, it should be stopped intimidated.
 29th of Apr, 2007 by   Stevenson Mzameli Mndi 0 Votes
I received the first email from Free Lotto stating that I won a $ 1,000,000 prize. They wanted to verify my information and I did that exercise. I also asked to email to the above email address and the one I submitted first is no longer in use but they persisted to email it to the same address.
 6th of May, 2007 by   Loong Yew Luen 0 Votes
Do not trust this so-called Freelotto lottery whenever it appears in your mail. It is a hoax!

The fact is in the legal lottery business, it requires you to buy a valid ticket on the business premise. There is no such thing as free of charge in the betting industry. The winners you see on the Freelotto website is mere fabrication by the unscrupulous cheater.
 6th of May, 2007 by   Loong Yew Luen 0 Votes
I wish that commercial crime department or FBI set up an ethical hacker division to trace the Freelotto websites and other lottery scam.
 8th of May, 2007 by   nana 0 Votes
To be part of it.
 9th of May, 2007 by   Bashorun Bukola 0 Votes
Since 2005 i have been getting mails from free lotto.com that i am a winner but now i have found out that its only a fraud cos they ask for credit card detail before you can claim your prize.
 10th of May, 2007 by   Metutera Toauriri Metutera 0 Votes
Many times I received message from Freelotto, Division of Unclaimed Fund, informed me that I won 1 million, 10 thousands and 300 hundreds US dollars and ask me to claimed it with my credit card, but in fact, I do nothing, because I really don’t believe it, also it shows the photographs of it winner members, such as Eric Prevost a recent 10 million winner from France. This could sound pretty good and true but I don’t know absolutely.

Until now Division of Unclaimed Fund is still delivering me with a message, but I strongly could not give to them my credit card information and will never pay any amount because I believe that it is a fake lotto.
 11th of May, 2007 by   Subhas Anand 0 Votes
These bastards at Freelotto are taking innocent people for a ride by informing them that they have won 1 million dollars and other smaller amounts and then asking for their credit card number to release the funds. They asked me for my credit card number which I told them I don't have any, and they may deduct any charges from the prize money and remit the balance to me by check. But all the time the same email comes to give the credit card number. This is 100% fraud and once you give them your credit card number then you are hanged -they will keep deducting US$ 14.99 or US$ 9.99 every month and loot you. So do not reply to any of their emails promising you such a lottery win - it all a hoax and the USA govt must take action against such looters.
 13th of May, 2007 by   sudip talukdar 0 Votes
I have received three dozen emails from freelotto over a period of 30 days intimating that I have won a million dollars, which is pending against my name. I have gone through these emails, which are intriguing and confusing. The huge bounty promised to the winner reeks of a scam. I read one of the comments at the top and was jolted to find that one of the 'winners' of a million dollars also mentioned the cheque number as m98211, the same as that of mine. Now I realize that it is a ploy to defraud innocents. I also wonder what is a TSN number and what relation it bears to my winning.
 14th of May, 2007 by   Michael M. 0 Votes
If anyone wants to contact the FreeLotto people directly, you can begin here:

Registrant:

New York, NY 10170
US
212-931-6760
 17th of May, 2007 by   Francisco Dos Santos 0 Votes
I received an email from Freelotto New York congratulating me for winning $1.000.000.00 us dollars and a copy of a check for the same amount stating for immediate payment with my name and address. the date of the check was 5/1/07 and as me to respond by the 5/4/07. The letter further stated that I have 30 days to claim my prize. I have been trying to respond to this email since the 5/2/07 and have provided them with all the requested information, but heard nothing from them. I have been a subscriber of freelotto for a year and have in so far received two checks for the amount of $1.00 us dollars posted to my address. free lotto has been taking money from my credit card account since then and sending me weekly results of automatic selection of numbers as it was my choice via email. I thought that it was legal, but now I have the filling that they have ripped me off, the address on the top left inside of the check stated: Division of Unclaimed Funds, Po Box 4562, New york, NY 10163, check # 102f2r4e7 I live in Australia and would like to get some advise on what to do so that we can bring these crooks to justice please help.

Francisco