logo

2. (10 mins ago)
Acs Inc Usa
Scammers
3. (16 mins ago)
Igor Kasbar took all my money
Igor Kasbar stole my money
4. (19 mins ago)
Cheshunt Overseas LTD/Acai Berry
No working phone number or information to cancel program.
5. (52 mins ago)
UKPI - Tim Burchell
UK Private Investigators - UKPI - Tim Burchell - Took my money but did not provided me with the information

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Freedom Debt Relief, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Beware!

Freedom Debt Relief Contacts & Informations

Freedom Debt Relief

Posted:    julianna

Beware!

Wisconsin
OH MY GOD! THEY MADE ME BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO HELP ME AND AT THE END THEY RIPPED ME OFF 12, 000 DOLLARS, I AM FOLLOWING THE LAW SUIT A CLASS ACTION IS MOUNTIN AGAIST THEM, EVEN THE GOVERMENT. THEY MADE MY DEBT PROBLEM WORST SANK ME IN A HOLE . JUSTICE IS NEEDED!
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009 by   Meg -1 Votes
No creditor is going to wait the 36 month contract term to get paid. Use common sense - would you wait 36 months for your employer or customers to pay you? How about if your employer or customers passed off your payment to a middle man?

FDR is not an easy way out - you're just paying them to do what you can do yourself, in less time, with less grief, and with better results. Why would you pay FDR to get you of the the debt you got yourself in to, while allowing them to make a profit? Their profit can go towards your debt.

Contact your credit card company and negotiate directly with them -just as you would negotiate for any other product or service. If divorce and medical issues got you into debt, seek help from a reputable organization (check out Suzy Orman's site and many others). It's not that hard; there are other options.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   ConsumedConsumer -1 Votes
After paying them $500 a month, they still have not settled with any of my creditors. Even though they have enough money by now to settle with several of my smaller creditors. WTF??!!

They told me that they would communicate with my creditors and told me to IGNORE the collection calls. If they where communicating with my creditors, why am I getting collections calls everyday?????
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   oak 0 Votes
FDR is a major scam...file a complaint with the BBB!!! There are several Class A suits in the works...
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   Oscar +2 Votes
30K in a hole I paid them what I was paying in my current minimums minus 150. for my expenses, got out of most of my debt in first 22 months and that was late 08 my next settlement is around the corner, I referd a friend but he couldnt hang with the creditor calls so he bounced out of the program. If you cant file a BK FOR EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND PURPOSES LIKE ME THIS IS NOT THAT BAD. But turn off the ringer when you have company over they call like crazy, the creditors that is. I have a little over a year left in I managed to survive so far I would have tried this on my own but didnt have 18k in my back pocket, I guess they just bought me enough time to get this handled.
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   DIS +2 Votes
IF a collector called me and threatened to tell my HR manager anything I would sue them for violating the FDCPA. They are not allowed to call you at work if you tell them that your employer does not allow calls at work.

Also if they tell anyone about your debt issue, other then you, they are really in violation and I would make some money from their ignorance.

Turn this issue into a positive by documenting evidence and talking to an attorney who can nail the collector good. You can probably make $5k or so.

Also, most settlement companies do wait for you to accumulate enough money in your account to make a resonable settlement offer. Therefore, as a client you do have a responsibility in the program.

From my reviews of FDR they have some issues. You can read more company reviews at debt intervention services.net
 21st of May, 2009 by   Sue 0 Votes
I WORK FOR A BANK AS A COLLECTOR AND ALL YOU IDIOTS THAT DECIDE TO WORK WITH THE SETTLMENT COMPANIES ARE IGNORANT AND STUPID...YOU ARE PAYING A COMPANY TO SETTLE YOUR CREDIT CARDS WHEN YOU CAN DO IT ON YOUR OWN FOR FREE...AND IF THE CREDITOR DECIDES TO SUE YOU THE SETTLMENT COMPANY CANNOT HELP!!!
 28th of May, 2009 by   widowed.usmc.06 +1 Votes
I am a client. the first year sucked not much was done but the second year paid off 3 of my debts. The collections goonS will always try to collect, settlement companies cant stop that but at least it put them on the backburner long enough for me to make these little payments. Had I sent them to my creditors I would have been just kept my interest and balances current and never moving in the right direction. I guess I could have tried this myself, but having someone to push the creditors off to made it worthy for me. I work two jobs and I can say I dont have the energy for dealing with these collection companies, most of my debt was medical and a the credit mess being sixty days late can get you in. I read the stories above and yes it is a scary thing. But I had to choose between my credit score which was not great to begin with or rent gas and food.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   qn_21 +1 Votes
I agree. Rent and food are higher priority than credit score.
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   Demosthenes 0 Votes
If is sounds too good to be true, it probably is. No business (anymore) is out here for altruistic purposes. They all want to make money off of us. They are a "for profit" business like most other settlement companies. They stand to make a healthy profit off of your debt.

Nevermind the billions in government bailout money these companies have already received--paid for by you. You already paid them (via taxes) for that, and still you must pay them much more. They only make money from your debt.

When we do get out of this record debt, never again will we be under their thumb. They can't make money off of us, if we aren't in debt to them. Let them starve for a while. Once the pendulum swings back the other way, most of the companies will be in hard times when Americans "finally" realize we can live comfortably with so much less, and by not paying them a high premium for what we could have purchased by waiting only a few months more.

Good luck and best wishes to you all. Stick it to them any way you can--they are doing the same to you.

Mike
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Smiddo -3 Votes
LOL. To Erin, Karen and the like. I am lucky that I have always had a gift for seeing rip-off artist coming for miles. And I always love how when cornered, confidence artists always resort to such “GROWN-UP/ADULT” responses such as: “Loser; idiot; dumbass; stupid; Grow up; you should have read your BS… um, I mean contract”… Whatever!!! Here’s the truth. These are all pseudo reverse psycho-babble responses that you soulless; bottom feeding; pond scum; sewer dwelling; low-life; bald-faced lying con-artists use as a default position when people have the nerve to call you on your interstellar BS! TBT… YOU ALL are the ones that need to GROW-UP!! For ONCE in you worthless lives, find your humanity and honor and get a real profession that actually creates something. Not scams that all too often end up further destroying already desperate people’s lives… So don’t give yourselves too much props, cuz the easiest trade scheme in the world is to lie to ordinary people. Go ahead, respond with something original... Like telling me to F-OFF!
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   banker -1 Votes
i work for a major bank and have been working in the industry for 21 years. most of these "debt" companies are purely profiteers at the expense of the ignorant and the desperate. often debtors are mistreated by their creditors and choose to cut off communication with the entities to whom they owe money. this is a big mistake. there is not a debt company on earth that can do more for our customers than we can, if we have the chance to communicate honestly. the debt companies have no special abilities to negotiate anything that an educated consumer could not. these debt companies are akin to the rent to own industry, yes they can get results for you (sometimes), but at what cost? often their clients are sued for their efforts.
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   nugent 0 Votes
I am currently 22k in debt+, and am considering FDR for relief. Is there anyone out there that has had good things to say about them for me to decide. Please do not send negative comments I have already read them. What do you do about the creditors calling/threats to collection. I was told not to make payments when I send out the enrollment packet? I have had good credit, but unfortunantely am only able to do the minimum on my cards. Respond if you can help out.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   Sebseb -2 Votes
Go to http://nfcc.org to get the Federal Trade Commission's pamphlet on choosing a Credit counsleor.

Your best bet is to go to a non-profit for help.
Try the Consumer Credit Counseling Service. http://www.cccs.org

Their fees are reasonable, and they help you with debt payment and also budgeting.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   DIS01 +1 Votes
You are much more safer doing this process for yourself. Involving a third party will hurt you more than help you in the long run.

You can get help with the process at www.dis-one.com. They coach people through the process and tellit how it is.

No company can stop collections. Cease and desist letters will get you sued. Just tell them you are in a financial hardship and can't pay them. You are trying to avoid BK and hope to settle this once you get yourself together. Sorry.

Their job is to beat you up emotionally until you pay some money.

Philip
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   Cmtheador +1 Votes
I went with FDR and just finished the program and it was very successful. My ex-husband left me with $17, 000 of debt and it took me from 9/06 to 7/09. If you do as the program says you will be able to succeed. The only thing that I was upset was that the side costs such as "over night" payments which they use your money to do. That is $20 just to send an overnight mail but most companys want their payments ovenight. For those that don't like it...Don't get credit cards and get yourself in situations. I pay for everything with CASH now. If I don't have enough cash...I can't get it! Plain and simple. I say I got the easy end and in the process of making sure my credit is back to good now. Your better off following what they have. There a VERY good company!
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   woolie 0 Votes
Biggest mistake we ever made going with freedom debt. Paid alot of money up front for nothing. They won't answer you and seems you are always talking to someone that is not handeling your account. It is a scam save your money and negotiate yourself.

Bill
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   Angela@FIRE +1 Votes
Just FYI, if your accounts are in collections, you can send them a certified letter with a return receipt stating you want all communication done through the mail, and no communication done via phone and they are legally obligated to abide by this. Forcing them to put everything in writing will not only stop those annoying calls, it will also stop them from using the illegal tactics of telling you they can take your house, car, or any other object, or that they can put you in jail - none of these things are possible with unsecured debts. And if a collection agency calls at work, and you verbally tell them you are not allowed to receive personal calls at work and you want them to stop calling your work, they must legally abide by that as well.

~Angela
Financial Indepedence and Resource Education
www.settleourdebt.com
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   ConsumerAdvocate1 +1 Votes
The banks and credit card companies are just crooked. They are getting basically free money from the government and also we as taxpayers are bailing their sorry butts out. Yet in hard times when people are suffering to make payment on 10 and 20% interest payments their answer is to penalize you further with 30% interest rates. They are uncaring companies that are ripping the consumer off and this country as well. They are not your friends and you should treat them as such!
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   SR21 -4 Votes
was employed with freedom debt for a year aka freedom financial network the only way it will actually help is if your monthly draft into the company is a substanical amount lets put it like this theyre all liars! the sales people make commission off of your first few months- it doesnt even go into the program it goes into whoever sold you- right into their pocket after your "initial retainer" the dept i worked in settlment negotiations- we correspond w/ the collection agencies and some attorneys all negotiaters are greedy- basically we make money off of how many accounts we settle per month so at minimum youre looking at 50% mind you your debts will continue to accrue interest and assess penalties fees collection costs and attorney fees- it is a SCAM EVERYONE THERE IS GREEDY they will tell you its the best thing since sliced bread - all a lie for your money they guarantee debt free in 3 yrs but its not not true people with medical u can forget it we never got good settlements besides meds not that big a deal- chase wont even work with them because of law suits, they outsource chase to a different debt settlment co. alot of stuff goes to LARU legal account resolution unit where basically ur getting sued and end up paying more than 100% ur debt trust me i worked here take your business elsewhere or just work out payment with creditors and pay one less hungry mouth HOPE THIS HELPS!
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   Nice Ads -1 Votes
The big red flag should be that FDR offers no legal representation. If a debt collector wants to sue you--the once supportive and promising staff hides in the bushes!

Tax Hacks: 3 Tips to Avoid an Audit