Free Credit Report 360

Posted:

Fraud

Free Credit Report 360
On august 18th, 2009, i was seeking out a way to obtain a free copy of my credit report and credit score. I googled "free credit reports" and many sites were available. One of the sites i clicked on was free credit report 360. I filled out the information requested of me, such as name, address, and so on. . . , then click "continue". The next page i came to was a page asking for my credit / debit card information, which i filled out because there was a free trial offer for my credit health, however, my card would not be charged for 7 days, but i had to cancel the free trial offer prior to the 7th day. There was also a warning telling me that my credit card information would not be used at that time, but was required to establish my account. I was a bit leary about giving my credit card information, so i did a "print screen" and pasted a copy of that screen with it's warning (Thank god) to ms paint. I hadn't given any authorization to use my card info. Yet. The next screen i came to gave me an membership number and then gave me the option to "continue" so i could receive a copy of my credit report (This page i printed) . Before i clicked on "continue" i thought i should perhaps check out a couple of other sites before proceeding. While doing so i came to annualcreditreport.com which offered me access to all three major credit reporting agencies with no free trials, or possible charges to my credit card. There wasn't even any requests for my credit card information. Since i chose to go this route, i closed out the previous window to free credit report 360, and contiued with the other site and received free copies of my credit report from all three major agencies. Ten days later i received a nsf card in the mail from my bank. Stunded with disbelief, i quickly pulled up my bank account online only to find that my credit health had taken $29. 95 out of my account without my authorization. . . As i stated before, i didn't even continue with that first website, i closed it, however, i didn't delete my credit card information prior to doing so. I just assumed by "x - ing" out of the site, my personal information would automatically be deleted. Boy was i wrong! Not only was i charged $29. 95 to my account, it happened to be that time of the month when my account was low, so i ended up with $179 in overdraft fees. Since then i have found many websites accusing free credit report 360 and my credit health of scamming many people such as myself. Don't be scammed by either of these companies. For those of you who don't know. . . You can obtain a free copy of your credit report from all three major credit reporting agencies once a year.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2007 by    0 Votes

CIC Triple Advantage / FreeCreditReport.com - Kept charging my card after I canceled

I canceled the freecreditreport.com service 3 different times but continued to be charge for this CIC Triple Advantage service. After finding out that CIC Triple Advantage was the same thing as freecreditreport.com, I called once again to have this service cancel and to get my money back. Can they legally do this?? Is there anything that can be done to make hold this company responsible for ripping off consumers... Plz advise smb!
 22nd of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes

Triple Advantage - Unauthorized charges /will not cancel account

I ordered this for one month it has now been 6 months of a 12.00 debit and it needs to stop. I do not use this service and it stopped NOW. I will contact my bank today and see what they can do. I can't afford the amount every month...
 16th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes
They took all the information they needed, and said that are sorry they could not process my credit report. Then i blocked the payment right away and this is what you should do. call your credit card company and cancel your card immediately then the company will issue you a new card!
 11th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

CIC Triple Advantage Credit Reporting - unautorized charges to credit card

I had looked into the website 3 months ago and did not put my bank information down. It said it was free. I just received a charge on my account from them. This is not a free service and it still is going to take up to 2 weeks to refund my money. These people needs to be stopped.
 26th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

CIC Triple Advantage - Refusal to issue a refund!
CIC Triple Advantage

I spoke with Mel a rep. for CIC and she stared to me that I signed up for this service in Jan. 06 and have not used this service since Nov. 06. She stated also that she will stop the service but will not issue a refund. I informed her that I have not used this service as I had tried in the past to cancel the service. She mentioned that I have unviewed alerts in my account which are due from failure to notify the customer of service still in effect.

I am disputing these charges and would like to receive a refund in the amount of 51.80, which includes Jan 07 to date April 26 07. Service has been for one year, however not to my knowledge.
 27th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

CIC Triple Advantage - Billing for unwanted services

I was just going over my bank statements and noticed that for the last x months I have been getting charged 12.95/month for something I have, no clue what it is. It just shows on my bank statement CIC Triple Advantage. I don't not want this service and want the billing stopped and the money to be refunded.
 28th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

CIC Triple Advantage - Charged for services I never requested!

CIC has been charging my account for months since I had pulled up a "free" credit report. I finally found there # on the internet along with countless other complaints about the same thing. I have been charged $12.95 every month from December until now (April) I called this company and explained the situation and requested to be canceled and reimbursed. I was told that they could cancel the account but I had signed up for it with a free 30 trial membership which I did not cancel within that 30 days. She told me that the membership offered me such benefits as account monitoring and notification of any major changes. When I explained that I just wanted to cancel she stated " Are you sure, because I see here that there have been several major changes to your account that you may want to be aware of?" Several major changes? I was never notified of any.

Class Action - Count me in.
 30th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

FreeCreditReport.com / CIC Triple advantage - CIC TRIPLE ADVANTAGE

I never got the membership of CIC Triple advantage but i have been charged an amount of 12$ every month for the past one year which i noticed only today.
 1st of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I ordered a free credit report online about a month or two ago. This month I received a $12.95 bill on my credit card statement for CIC Triple Advantage. I had no idea what this even was. I called the number listed on the statement and I was on hold for 20 minutes. Someone actually picked up the phone. I asked who they were and what they were about. They told me when I had my free credit report done there was a disclaimer that stated that if i didn't cancel within 30 days they would charge me. I never recalled reading any disclaimer. When I asked that she cancel my subscription the woman told me that she couldn't do it and she placed me on hold for another 25 minutes. Finally I got someone back on the phone and they stated that they cancelled my subscription and they would be sending me confirmation via email. Just in case I took the womans name down and her ID #. I really think that this company places you on hold for an extended period of time hoping that you will give up and hang up the phone. This company is a scam artist and I would be more than happy to be involved in a class action lawsuit against these predators of the internet.
 2nd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Cic*triple Advantage - This is unacceptable

Yes just like many others I started receiving charges every month on my credit card for $12.95 I called the phone number and after being switched to another division of the company several times they finally said they would stop billing me. But the refused to refund any of the charges that had already been paid, I guess if you scam enough people for $12.95 then you can afford really good attorneys to keep your ass out of jail, huh... This company needs very bad things to happen to it.
 2nd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I could never get anyone on the phone to cancel this service that i never asked for. I finally had to call my bank to cancel my card.
 3rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have been charged 12.00 a month and was unable to access a free credit report.
 3rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I too have been scammed by the free credit report. Usually, when I sign up for a "free" gift I don't give any credit card information just in case I accidentally sign up for something. I only looked at one credit report (not 3 for the triple advantage), and I was really sure that I didn't sign up for any subscription. I went to the CIC triple advantage web page to try to cancel anything. I didn't write down a login or pass word because I didn't sign up for anything, so I tried to login using the usuals, and it didn't work. I went to login help, and they ask for SS# and you have to type that in before you can get any help. I tried the "contact us" at the bottom of the page and the e-mail won't send. The phone number on my credit card statement isn't even toll free.

I know I was probably going to run into some thing like this with all the news letters I sign up for, but most scams have a point where you can recognize it as a scam and quit before it's too late. This is not one of them.
 5th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

CIC Triple Advantage - Unsolicited credit charges

Starting on March 12, 2007, I started to receive a credit charge of 12.95 per month from your company. Since I did not authorize this payment, I cannot help but wonder who initiated this charge. I have been a victim of identity theft / harassment scheme for over 7 months and need to discover its source. Please contact me promptly with the name and or method by which this payment was authorized. I need this information so that I can turn it over to the Postal Inspector, Ron McMurray ,who is working this case. Please cancel all unauthorized charges.
 7th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I just called the number. I was refunded two months worth, but discovered I have been charged for this for over two years! I bank online and don't get paper copies of many of my bills (which will now definitely change). I was given the address to ask for the rest to be refunded, which would be a whopping 310.80. I am wondering if anyone has received any money back other than the two month refund? Well, I cancelled my membership and learned an expensive lesson.
 8th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
have been being charged for twelve dollars a month for over a year and never received any services. They said it was a 30 day trial, but I never give out my credit card for anything on the internet. When calling them one lady lied to me and hung up on me so when cancelling services from them it is a bit difficult.
 11th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I think this stems from getting my "free" credit report, then after a time period, this kicks in without warning.
 11th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I signed up for triple advantage credit card report through (freecreditreport.com) after watching several commercials on TV. I signed up for the free trial and forgot about the trial. Well it recurred 1 month and I got charged for 1 month of, $12.95. No biggie I tried to cancel the account by calling 877-4816825, and according to the rep, the account was canceled. Well after couple months later, I realized it never got cancelled! I call the same number 877-4816825 but it was always busy or gave me message saying there was no one there. I managed to get the number of the parent company, consumer info of 1-888-888-8553. According to the rep of this number, I did call the previous rep before, but I never cancelled the account. She said according to the record, I wanted to continue the service. What the hell!? why would i call the rep just to say I want to continue the service??? Well this time she assured the account is cancel and she even gave me a reference number, and said I will get a confirmation email. Overall I got charged 12.95 five times for getting to view my "free credit report" once.
 11th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I thought i was signing up for a free credit report and now for 3 months they have been charging my bank account almost $20.00. I do not use it and feel I should get my money back. I cannot even find a phone number or even a contact me or an e-mail. I do not have the money for it and I do not even use it. Like i said i thought i was getting my one time free credit report.

Contact Us