logo

Free Credit Report 360

Posted:    Mashawn Jolie

Fraud

Free Credit Report 360
On august 18th, 2009, i was seeking out a way to obtain a free copy of my credit report and credit score. I googled "free credit reports" and many sites were available. One of the sites i clicked on was free credit report 360. I filled out the information requested of me, such as name, address, and so on. . . , then click "continue". The next page i came to was a page asking for my credit / debit card information, which i filled out because there was a free trial offer for my credit health, however, my card would not be charged for 7 days, but i had to cancel the free trial offer prior to the 7th day. There was also a warning telling me that my credit card information would not be used at that time, but was required to establish my account. I was a bit leary about giving my credit card information, so i did a "print screen" and pasted a copy of that screen with it's warning (Thank god) to ms paint. I hadn't given any authorization to use my card info. Yet. The next screen i came to gave me an membership number and then gave me the option to "continue" so i could receive a copy of my credit report (This page i printed) . Before i clicked on "continue" i thought i should perhaps check out a couple of other sites before proceeding. While doing so i came to annualcreditreport.com which offered me access to all three major credit reporting agencies with no free trials, or possible charges to my credit card. There wasn't even any requests for my credit card information. Since i chose to go this route, i closed out the previous window to free credit report 360, and contiued with the other site and received free copies of my credit report from all three major agencies. Ten days later i received a nsf card in the mail from my bank. Stunded with disbelief, i quickly pulled up my bank account online only to find that my credit health had taken $29. 95 out of my account without my authorization. . . As i stated before, i didn't even continue with that first website, i closed it, however, i didn't delete my credit card information prior to doing so. I just assumed by "x - ing" out of the site, my personal information would automatically be deleted. Boy was i wrong! Not only was i charged $29. 95 to my account, it happened to be that time of the month when my account was low, so i ended up with $179 in overdraft fees. Since then i have found many websites accusing free credit report 360 and my credit health of scamming many people such as myself. Don't be scammed by either of these companies. For those of you who don't know. . . You can obtain a free copy of your credit report from all three major credit reporting agencies once a year.
Comments United States Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Aug, 2009 by   Mashawn Jolie 0 Votes
they are scammers! they got to me too. please...no one fall for this b.s. company!
 29th of Oct, 2010 by   tereesada 0 Votes
Thanks for passing on the info i almost filled out my info
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   chuck lane 0 Votes
Here we go again, trying to do the right thing but it seems you just feel unwilling to deal with any Company on the web.Today I was trying to get my annual credit reports but I saw these sites...including free score 360...I decided to go for it, since they gather the 3 reports all at once...with a trial offer...charging only $ 1.00 after the 7 days, by reading the terms and conditions, they are very clear. But once you enter your credit card for the $ 1.00 ...they take $ 29.oo plus from your account. wow !!..what an scam !...In fact I inmediatelly called my Bank where I did not have enought money in it. I reported the unauthorized charge and they will have to wait for the charge to be clear before they can do something at this bank Claims DPT. I wish these complains toward this FREE SCORE 360...are material, testimonies so a Consumer Agency or the Better Business Bureau investigates this Company and put them out of business for good. Please someone help on this !!!
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Jesse28 0 Votes
Ya I almost fail for it also I almost gave my info but I had a feeling to check and see if they were a scam and boom they are I couldn't believe it they should take them down along with the rest of the scamers there are to many scams out there it's not right.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   luisiscool +1 Votes
The only site that offers free credit reports is www.annualcreditreport.com other websites are scams!
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   kimv28 0 Votes
I don't know about 360 because I decided to google if it was a scam before trying it but I can tell you that not only can you get your free credit reports once anually but you can also get some credit score information for free from credit karma. It gives you your trnasunion score and then two others but they are not experien and equifax but one says it is what your auto insurance goes off of I guess and the other is their own version or idea of your credit score. I just thought I would pass that information on so that others can check it out. Credit karma does not even ask for your credit/debit card information.
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   sansan012 0 Votes
I went to that 360 credit score I gave all my info, when they asked for my credit cart I close the page, now I am a little bit concern about my social security, is anyone can tell me if I should really be worry about that?
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   luisiscool 0 Votes
@sansan012 what do you mean you are concerned of your ssn? Did they ask you for it?
 25th of Feb, 2012 by   Kimber69 0 Votes
I am glad I read this... The company was asking for my SS # and I didn't put it in I just exit out of it before I put any info!!
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   SOOWEE 0 Votes
Can someone help!! I did the free score 360 this morning before I read the reports. Shame on me!!! Now when I go to log in and put in my email address and my password says invalid so then I put in member ID number and zip code same thing comes up. I wanted to go in this to see if I can cancel this. Does anyone have an answer what to do or a phone number I can call ? I checked my bank account and $1.00 is pending right now. I trusted this because it was a report in the news paper about the new government loan program. Stupid me!!!
Thank everyone. SOOWEE
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   JAN HARTOUGH 0 Votes
Well i fell for it prior to reading these postings. Does anyone have an idea on how to cancel???
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   SOOWEE 0 Votes
Jan,
Call 855-853-4450. If it is with 7 days you can cancel and not get charged. I spoke to Jimmy and he gave me a confirmation number and also got the confirmation number through e-mail that it was cancelled. Good Luck
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   JD Rose 0 Votes
I just did the same thing...except i called 1-800-679-6327...took me a few min because they were trying to keep me as a customer by offering me a discount of 9.95 a month instead of 11.95 but i told the guy i wasnt interested. He canceled the subscription assured me that i wont be charged anything except the one dollar i paid already. Gave me my conformation number and sent me an email. No problems here
 5th of May, 2012 by   Stephanie.Walk 0 Votes
I just went to this and entered everything they had asked...very leary though. The moment the "Enter your credit card information" screen popped up I immediately went to google and typed in their name and I am so GLAD I did! Brought me to this testimonial. Going to annualcreditreport.com. Thank you for saving me!
 14th of Jun, 2012 by   Odell Hill 0 Votes
thanks for the warning.
 14th of Jun, 2012 by   Odell Hill 0 Votes
Thanks for the warning
 21st of Jun, 2012 by   June66 0 Votes
omg! I entered all of my information too including my SSN. Then when I reach the part of credit card, I stopped and googled, then I saw the discussions here! I close the website immediately. Hope they will not steal my SSN information.
 21st of Jun, 2012 by   yougotabekiding 0 Votes
Thank you SO much, Saw your post and it kept me from same issue. Whew, cancelled and they didnt even give me a hard time.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   aprilst 0 Votes
Glad I read these comments before putting in my info. Not only is Freescore360 a scam, they are working a whole new level of scam! BEWARE - if you are job searching on CRAIGSLIST, these people are targeting job seekers, responding to them saying that they are interested in interviewing them for the position in the company, go in great detail, then proceed to say that to qualify for the job you must bring a recent credit report to the interview and provide a link to the site they wish you to use. Guess what site it is - FREESCORE360. If you respond to the email stating that you are interested in the job, but already have a recent copy of your credit report so you will not be using FREESCORE360 to obtain that, guess what...no response and no interview. TOTAL SCAM! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS! WHO DO WE REPORT THIS TO??????
 24th of Jun, 2012 by   Scam Me No More 0 Votes
Had a feeling this was a scam, glad I googled it.
I too responded to a Craigslist job posting and after applying for many jobs during my two years on unemployment I was thinking maybe the tides were finally starting to turn when I received an email stating I was being considered for the job but they required a credit check prior to scheduling an interview and sent me to FREECREDIT360, after seeing the complaints I emailed the so called employer stating that I was not comfortable giving out my personal information to FREECREDIT360 but be willing to supply them with a copy of my credit report upon meeting at an interview, well guess what, I have not heard squat back from them. This should be illegal, there are many people who are out of work and need a job badly, why is something not being done by Craigslist or the government for that matter to stop this practice.

Cheapest Overnight Shipping