logo

MyGiftCardSite
UNABLE TO USE!!
2. (11 mins ago)
newessays.co.uk
Company rips customers off and provides nothing
3. (27 mins ago)
American Airlines
Unaccompanied Minor Policy/ Children left alone!
4. (31 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money
5. (32 mins ago)
NEESA LEISURE LTD, Gandhinagar
Non payment of fixed deposits payment by Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Ingegard

Food stamps

Goverment
Florida
The EBT card should be for food only, how come people use then to go and get 17% Sherry cooking wine at the groceri store and get away
with it?? They are drinking up the EBT cards that way!

I work hard and can't even get help with anty benefits cause I work!!

Somebody needs to look in to this fast, this is my tax money they are drinking up!

Thanks!!!

By the way, my friend is an alcoholic and this is how he gets drunk on the 1st every month

Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Dec, 2011 by   s7rugg1e 0 Votes
Well, the solution itself is very simple. If we don't reduce welfare to it's most basic form (a food allowance of $200-300 for a family with an expiration date), then soon those who are life-long entitlement chasers will never become productive citizens. People quickly begin to reflect the values of their nation. Our nation used to be one of hard-working, save every penny types, and consumerism and entitlement have in a way destroyed this fact.

If it ever comes to the point where the entitlement class can out vote the producing class, the country will go bankrupt and then those who bankrupted it will lash out in frustration. This may seem like an extreme statement, but it is an unavoidable truth.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   s7rugg1e 0 Votes
I have a feeling that the trolls here must really enjoy their mother's basement.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   s7rugg1e 0 Votes
"My guess is because like the majority of us heterosexual men he doesn't like homosexuals." - Paul Vance

You're right, you're obviously a mental giant.
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   Trables 0 Votes
In May of 2009 I got laid off from employment with a company that i ahd been working for over 11 years, was making over 39k per year, had a home, insurance, 401k, retirement - the whole nine yards, 2 kids a dog and a disabled husband. So of course I was the bread winner.
When i got laid off I was devastated !!! We exhausted everything that we had in savings, my 401k plan, my retirement plan etc etc... then i had to file for unemployment so that i would have a steady stream of income to pay for things. Yes I did apply for DCF benefoits, I did get food stamps to help with groceries to feed my family and myself too. i was ashamed for the most part and hated doing that but then thought - you know i have paid in taxes for more than 15 yrs and i needed help from the government for a change so i took advantage of that help. i needed medical because i was scheduled to have a major surgery done before the layoff where they cut my insurance immediately so i had to cancel the surgery (that i really needed) carpal tunnel for more than 6 yrs already and only getting worse. Needless to say I agree with what most of you are stating about people that think that the government owes them this (which they don't) and those are the ones that are driving around in new cars, wearing lots of gold and large gold too !!! since this has happened to me i have lost everything, had to sell my home, sell the truck i had to downsize to a smaller paid off vehicle and do whatever i needed to make sure that my family was okay and had a place to stay ! we never ex[ect things like this to happen but for people like me it was a godsend to have these benefits available to my family and myself as well. we have not abused the system at all and i see people doing that every single day ..
 10th of Feb, 2012 by   LLLLZZZZZZ 0 Votes
Just get rid of EBT and have warehouses like Sam's Club that have Government overstock Why do we reward corporations and farmers with tax breaks when they could supply them . Do you think the liqueur and tobacco would donate ? If your on welfare you should not be able to claim your kids as a tax credit you should not get anything back in taxes and if your kids are in the foster system you should have to pay child support to the state as any absent parent should.
 11th of Jul, 2012 by   crooks taking my money +1 Votes
i honestly hope that illinois is the next state for drug testing and lets see just how much money this state will get back..im a tax payer and i should have a say so on whats being bought...the state needs to really check into incomes on the ebt users..having a house and a nice car...dressed in nice clothes and a wallet full of hundreds...this shouldnt qualify for ebt..i would love to work for this state...i know plenty of people taking advantage of this...illinois needs to wake up and smell the cons on ebt...its just sickening...and those that really really need it get denied...wow...this country has literaly went to hell...work for what you can afford...give up the drinking, smoking and luxaries of life to pay for your own damn food...
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   mommy does it by herself! 0 Votes
If anyone that makes these complaints and makes an ignorant opinion of blacks, let the record show that blacks aren't the leading race receiveing benefits its actually whites since wewr going here with the stupid race card.Yes some people do abuse it just like people abuse non government based programs.I got a headace reading this.
 15th of Sep, 2012 by   crooks taking my money 0 Votes
last i checked i never made a comment on race...and for your headache..take a motrin...
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Nig hater -1 Votes
Stupid niggas...figures the black would do this...and all the blacks have 3 or more kids cause the get ramed by random other blacks and get AIDS and go on welfare to support their dumb nig kids who grow up to do the same thing over and over...give all the negros a pill so they can have no more kids so we can jus get rid of that disgusting race
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   notaloser +1 Votes
Ughhh...the racists comments are ridiculous and it's unbelievable how some people feel the need to make such a distinction in this day and age. I don't think race has any place in this discussion, when people from all races experience financial difficulties to the point where they have no option but to apply for an EBT to feed their families. I question the cashier grilling these customers over their purchases in the first place. Are you one of those people who broadcasts "Are you paying with EBT" in front of the whole line just so you can make sure these people feel like utter crap?

I paid into this system for decades, while working from home, homeschooling my 3 kids and dealing with an abusive husband making over $120k a year. When he walked out the door, he paid nothing. I sold off whatever I had from jewelry, CDs, books, furniture, etc. just to buy food from the dollarstore and put gas in the car. No one did anything to help. Not one single organization stepped up, in fact, I ended up in court without an attorney because his got a board position with the only domestic violence group in the city, creating a conflict of interest so none of their attorneys could help me. I lost everything, including our home...no alimony after 14 years of marriage...nothing. I applied for an EBT card when I had $2.56 left in my account and no way to feed my kids.

While abuse in rampant in any area, people figure out how to play the system rich or poor. My ex-husband goes on one ski trip and vacation after another with his girlfriend, practically lives at Starbuck's and maintains an upper middle class lifestyle, while he refuses to even give my kids $5 to watch a movie with friends or pay for clothes...anything he can get out of paying for. I have to be both parents, while going to school full-time and working. Our lives have changed dramatically...we bus everywhere because I no longer have a car. We're staying at a motel, because my credit is ruined now and expenses leave me with $58 a month to buy food, clothes and everything my kids need.

Having an EBT card meant being able to feed my kids for the month, but in no way does it cover all the groceries. I'm still out of pocket for quite a bit, but it makes a huge difference. It takes me 2 hours each way to get to class, so when I'm coming back around 9:30pm we walk to the nearest store to get groceries. In this instance, Sprouts is the closest place to walk to. I've had cashiers mistreat us, the anger and resentment is obvious...the need to let everyone know we're paying with an EBT card seems to make them feel a little better about their own lives. This has happened at Albertson's, Smith's, Walmart, Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc. Just using the card makes me feel sick with dread.

You complain about people misusing the cards for snacks, junk food, energy drinks, etc. without thought that 7-11 might be the closes place for someone to get to and there aren't a lot of options. You seem to forget that most of the food we eat, as Americans, qualifies as junk whether it's a packaged Betty Crocker "meal" or whatever it is. Conversely, I could spend significantly more to buy quality food without all the additives and junk while facing the same scrutiny...how can YOU afford to buy food here...off the government's (our) dime? Every group, up in arms is going to be upset that people without means are able to get the same things they have to pay for from their own pockets. My ex-husband is one of those people and he has plenty of company in this regard.

I know plenty of single people, on "unemployment" who get EBT funds and use them without feeling remotely embarrassed at Trader Joe's. While, I had to wait for nearly 3 months for my application to go through when we were homeless and not getting any sort of help for anything. Then, I got hit with the 6 month EBT review months early...nothing mailed to me, so I'd know ahead of time. It turns out my card was shut off just before Thanksgiving. All the supporting documentation has to be printed out and mailed in, but I have to choose between spending a few dollars to print everything and buying food once again at the dollarstore.

Sure this means I can't get my kids anything for Christmas, but I can't even buy food to make anything let alone some special meal. When I called into the EBT office, the caseworker could really give a crap...heartlessly dismissive. She told me to call around for food boxes. Good luck with that over the holidays. If you didn't sign up for the holiday program at The Salvation Army (no idea how or when you'd even do that), you are out of luck because this is who they are helping...there aren't any food boxes to be had. This holds true for Catholic Charities and many organizations out there. The best I could hope for is to take 2 buses and show up on a set day of the week, across the city, to get a bag of random stuff I'd have a hard time making a meal with.

I'm not ungrateful, even if this rhetoric sounds close...it's just a little hard to make something with 5 cans of green beans and nothing else. it doesn't feel like Christmas, that's for sure. To knock people down for EBT abuses...exactly, why aren't you trying to get your friend some help when talking badly about the person seems like a slimy thing to do instead...put something in a forum rather of stepping up. Clearly, you have absolutely no idea what it's like from another perspective.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   nothingtoeatthanksgivingorchristmas 0 Votes
To the original poster:
With friends like you who needs enemies. Take your friend to an AA meeting.
To notaloser: great post thanks.
To all: report cashier abuse each time it happens. Smug self righteous cashiers should be fired.
I was approved for emergency footstamps on Jan. 18. Its Jan. 30 and they said I will get an ebt card in a week. I am hungry at at my ropes end.
The process has been humiliating and soul destroying. The foodstamp office on cutler st in albuquerque is horrendous. They are haughty and don't care at all. I wish every

politician

politician would be required to experience applying for foodstamps .
 3rd of May, 2013 by   lil boombostic 0 Votes
I don't think its fair that single parents as well as unfortunate couples are out here struggling, can hardly buy a pack of gum but these card holders living it up being able to buy high price seafood and sweets its just not fair. It makes you want to give up and let the system support you. It has to stop!
 3rd of May, 2013 by   lil boombostic 0 Votes
Nobody is saying to stop food stamps where just saying some of the things your getting is not fair! Why get mad as long as you can still get food? Hummmm! Maybe you getting it for the wrong reasons. Guilty!
 4th of May, 2013 by   dougwagz -1 Votes
1) Whoever says there are bigger things to worry about than EBT is either oblivious to the situation or is on ebt and misusing it themselves .
2) I have no complaints about the people who use ebt for healthy eating and essential food (although the definition of essential has gone so damn far out the window i.e. Ice Cream and Soda)
3) I Do however have a huge problem with people who abuse the system that I and many others around me have supported for far too long.
In college i had a roommate who was on ebt and I NEVER once saw him use it for anything other than candy and soda from our local gas station. He had absolutely no incentive to buy anything healthy and in return lived a depressing and junk filled life.
If that isn't abuse then please tell me what is.

Just last week i was in a local Safeway checking out behind a "man" who wouldn't even take his unlit cigarette out of his mouth to converse with the checker. If that wasn't enough to piss me off he then proceeded to check out with a ebt card to pay for his absolute garbage food which included 2 gallons of ice cream, 4 cases of generic soda, a dozen donuts, 3 bags of Doritos, and 2 gallons of what couldn't have been more than sugar water labeled as juice. After she bagged his groceries he just stared at the checker as if he didn't know what to do next, until a man three people back yelled "can you not even put your on groceries back in the cart" which then made the check jump around the counter and do it for him.
WHY IN THE WORLD SHOULD I HAVE TO ASSIST PEOPLE LIKE THIS!
GOVERNMENT WAS NOT CREATED TO SUPPORT US!
IT IS INTENDED TO PROTECT US, OUR PROPERTY, AND OUR FREEDOM TO MAKE A LIFE FOR OURSELVES.
NO. ONE. OWES. US. ANYTHING!!!
 4th of May, 2013 by   dougwagz -1 Votes
And the people who are on ebt and putting it to use... YOU should be even more upset than I!! Why are you defending the ones who make a bad name for it. If there weren't people abusing the system there would be more money for the people who truly utilize it.
 9th of May, 2013 by   ebtguy +1 Votes
So, it never occured to you that this man could be mentally ill? I just re-applied for the foodstamp program about a week ago and most of the people I saw in the welfare office were in dire straights. A lot of them were living on the streets. Trust me I know how bad this ecomony is right now because I used to be a long haul truck driver. Before I had my accident in September of 2011, I used to see a lot of people living in their cars in truckstop parking lots. So what about me? I fell off the back of my truck in Septemver of 2011. I couldn't walk right after that. I didn't have health insurance because I had recently left my job with a major trucking company to become an Owner Operator - which means I owned the truck and the company and booked my own loads. I worked for 5 months off and on in severe pain, all the while thinking that I had merely pulled a muscle in my leg. Well in April of 2013 it got to the point where I couldn't even get out of a chair. I had to use a cup to go to the bathroom at night because I could no longer get out of bed.

I went into the emergency room and was immediately diagnosed with a Deep Veinous Thrombosis in my right leg and a massive Saddle Pulmonary Embolism in my lungs - This is a medical complication that has a kill rate of 30 percent. I waited five monthe to get medical treatment because I don't believe in taking advantage of the system. By waiting so long to seek treatment I have now contracted a secondary conditon to DVT, which is called Post Thrombotic Syndrome. It is a condition that causes life long pain and swelling of the affected limb. I went from being a pretty healthy guy, being able to drive my truck 18 hours a day, to now having to take 4 heavy duty pain killers just to be able to move around. I'm on blood thinners, suffer from transient lung pain due to some damage that the blood clot has done to my lungs. I can't kneel down, I can't squat, I can't stand for more than two hour without taking pain meds, I can't sit for more than two hours without pain meds; and even when I do take the pain meds, sitting down for more than two hours causes me to have constant level 5 pain.

I had to get rid of my truck because I can't even climb in and out of the thing anymore. My savings are being depleted because I can barely get around. The doctors all claim that there is nothing wrong with me. They won't back a disability claim. So what else is there for me to do? Just because you see me buying some iced tea (I drink 3 two liters of iced tea each week) and one two liter of soda a month, it doesn't mean I'm abusing the system. I need the sugar in the tea to help my bad leg with circulation, and I also have to take a lot of Potassium Glutamate pills in order to prevent cramping. Without sugar and potassium pills, my leg gets cramps every 3 minutes all night long; and trust me when I tell you this, pain killers do absolutely nothing for leg cramps.

I want to work again. I want to go out and make the big paychecks again, but how? I was a professional driver which means I will not drive a car, or operate any type of heavy machinery while on pain killers. I simply won't do it. So on the day I had to drive down to apply for the foodstamp card, I didn't take one single pain pill the entire day. By the time the day of standing in line and walking around all over the place was done, it felt like someone smashed my foot with s sledgehammer. So what kind of job is going to hire a guy that limps, takes pain killers, is on blood thinners and can bleed to death from a paper cut, and needs to move a lot slower than everyone else. I have to stop on the streets and let old people go ahead of me because I walk a lot slower now than I did before my leg got messed up. I'm only 37 years old and my 64 year old mother can walk three times as fast as I can! All the doctors will do now is hand me 120 Norcos a month and tell me to have a good day!

Do you know that we have prisoners in prison who eat better and receiver better medical care thn the poor and working poor in this country? Our government spends more on the military and sending millions of dollars to Egypt, Israel, and many other countries while you guys argue over a poor person getting 200 dollars a month to feed themselves. Have you ever tried to eat on 200 dollars a month? Before I got huer, I used to spend 25 bucks a day on food every day while on the road. Now I have to really budget to make the EBT money stretch. So before you go around passing judgement on people who use the EBT card, try and walk a mile in their shoes before you open your mouth.
 10th of May, 2013 by   me and mines 0 Votes
I don't like the person that was talking shit about black people and ebt I for one have four kids and a husband and we get food stamps their for people who need it and if we choose to buy junk food whats really wrong with that!!! And as far as white people go they get ebt and they have a high percentage of getting ebt jus like blacks and they dont always buy food I've witness them doing wrongful things such as sell them so please don't talk down on just black people
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   SSWW 0 Votes
I have an EBT card and you can't even purchase cooking wine that has 0.1% alcohol in it. It's black listed in the computer if it has any alcohol content at all period. You guys are taking extreme examples and using it as an excuse to complain about the few losers who abuse food stamps.

The food stamp program does cost tax payers, but it's such a small amount compared to Oil subsidies, Bank bailouts, or war, that if you complain about it, you've really just got a chip on your shoulder. Hell, you're even paying for people that go to the emergency room with no health insurance.

Go do something productive instead of wasting your time complaining about something that actually does help thousands of families who just want ends to meet. There's bad apples in all walks of life.
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   Upset taxpayer 0 Votes
I work in retail and 2 days in a row now the lady buys coffee and candy on her foodstamp card leaves comes back the next day and returns it.I'm not gonna say where I work but for some reason we must have a glitch in our store because the computer doesnt let us return the amount of the foodstamps back onto the card so we have to give cash back over 100 dollars each time. This is very frustrating to me.These people cry poverty but are frauding the state and the taxpayers.They really need to take a good look at every body.
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   pal65 0 Votes
You know, anyone that really needs this benefit would not let an unused balance up to 5000.00!! I don't even have that in my savings account. It is really crazy..and I disagree with the comment to stop complaining about people buy with the EBT card. It is for the NEEDS..not the WANTS of the people who need them. Seriously, if you are using it for a tattoo...you don't need the beneftis. They need to go back to the old way of doing things. They need to seriously audit the people receiving the benefits..because you know what..we work for everything we have and some of this money is going to people that know how to scam the system.

XDATING.COM ONLINE DATING REVEALED