logo

Greens Technology
Fraud Training Ceneter
3. (1 mins ago)
Debonair Dogos
Debonair Dogos PUPPY MILL ALERT! Debonair Dogos debonairdogos.tripod.com , www.dogo.net , debonairdogo.tripod.com www.debonairdogoargentinos.com
4. (2 mins ago)
Dallas Housing Authority
Arbitrary denial of public housing
5. (30 mins ago)
Club Pogo
Unable to play pogo games

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Flexcin

Posted:    Violated

guarantee a scam

Flexcin
Flexcin has money back guarantee advertised if you take all 3 bottles as directed and it doesn't relieve fibromyalgia pain and you return all 3 empty bottles. I did all as they advised and they received my package of 3 empty bottles 14 days ago, but no refund yet. I tried emailing them but I got my email's returned. I called but all their lines were busy so I had to leave a message. No call back yet. It is wrong to offer a guarantee and then make a customer wait so long for a refund and reject their emails and phone calls. Sounds like a scam to me.
Comments United States Drug Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Flexcin complaints
Flexcin - Scam

Comments

24th of Jul, 2009 by   Violated 0 Votes
I had the same experience.
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   Lib1 0 Votes
I am unable to contact them as well.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   Flexcin 0 Votes
Hello Hydrops and Lib1,

I handle Customer Service at Flexcin and would be glad to help you with any returns or questions that you have. We do honor our guarantee and give a refund of the full purchase price. Please try to email us with your order number or your full name and address and we can see what happened with your refund right away.

I am not sure why your emails are not getting through as we do get many from customers on a daily basis and they all seem to be coming through fine. Perhaps you have the wrong email address. Please email us at info@flexcin.com or give us a call at 1-800-505-0575 between the hours of 9am-6pm EST, Mon-Fri and we will be happy to help you with your return or questions.

Sincerely,

Chrisanne
Flexcin International, Inc.
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   ChuckScanlon 0 Votes
I use their pet product, Flexpet, with great success. Unfortunately, my pet died, and almost simultaneously I received my monthly supply. I sent it back for a refund, and I got it within 14 days, which I consider pretty good as it probably took the US mail 4 or 5 days to get it to them. In the past I have reached them at their 800 number. Occasionally it is busy, but I always manage to get through if I keep trying.

Definitely so scam though, I can tell you that.
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   ChuckScanlon 0 Votes
"No" Scam, I meant to say, not so scam...lousy typer that I am... Also, I found their link to the Better Business Bureau, it's

Their rating is excellent, so I would try them again and give them another chance.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Violated 0 Votes
I received a call from the Flexcin general manager yesterday. He was concerned my complaint was giving Flexcin a bad name. This was not my intent. I researched the internet before buying Flexcin and found NO cons about it. It was represented that chances of success for treating fibromyalgia were almost certain because of the CM-8. I decided to try it because of the guarantee. After fulfilling all the Flexcin requirements for a refund and then when the maximum time Flexcin had suggested for a refund came and no refund or any word that they had received my return, I emailed Flexcin several times and ALL my emails were returned saying, "your box was full." I called and left messages that were not returned. I filed the complaint on this board and kept trying emails and calls. I finally got through on the phone and let you know I had a delivery confirmation receipt proving when you received my empty bottles and you confirmed this and said sorry I had been overlooked. You had my refund to me within two days. I appreciate your help and will say Flexcin is NOT a scam, but one must do everything exactly as Flexcin request in order to get a refund. I think it is fair to say Flexcin will probably NOT help anyone that has been told by a medical doctor that they have fibromyalgia unless their pains are joint related. I think it is fair that folks know that Flexcin does not work for everybody and a refund will be slow so they can make a rational decision before trying it. Flexcin is no different than any other company with their refund policies and that is not to make it easy. Yes, Flexcin works for some people, yes Flexcin will refund your money if all criteria are met perfectly, but no it does not have the high rate of success Flexcin ads lead one to believe. Yes, I would recommend folks with joint pains try Flexcin and no, I would not recommend anyone with a fibromyalgia label try it unless the pains are in their joints. My intent on filing the original complaint was to let folks know there is some cons about Flexcin. Had I found such info about Flexcin's inability to help none joint "fibromyalgia" pains, I would not have wasted my time trying it. I think potential customers deserve to know both sides of a story, not just select testimonials. Think for a moment ... you email a company about their guarantee and you get several emails returned and you cannot get calls returned in a timely fashion, but yet as a new customer when you emailed or called the response was almost immediate. What am I supposed to think? I did not appreciate the call from the general manager trying to make me look like I was unfairly damaging the Flexcin good name. I have told you the facts and advise anyone with chronic pain that is joint related to try Flexcin, just take all 3 bottles as recommended, keep ALL 3 empty bottles and return them insured and delivery confirmation and follow up on your refund when the maximum time promised has expired. All in all Flexcin is a good company and Chrisanne is kind and helpful, but I am not so impressed by the general manager that leaves a message that indicates I was unfair and they did nothing wrong and I should retract my complaint on the complaint board.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Gabriel Williams 0 Votes
I appreciate your point of view and your honesty. You formed an opinion and then stated that opinion based upon your exclusive results. But when you post something discouraging others from even trying Flexcin you are doing them a great disservice. I’m sure that we can agree that people are not all the same and results do vary. What you may not be aware of is that we have a much, much higher success rate even among our customers who suffer from fibromyalgia. In fact, since it is such a difficult thing to overcome, we often extend our guarantee to 6 bottles so they may take it for 6 full months. So, basically by stating, based on your own experience only, you may have persuaded many, many others not to try Flexcin at all and continue to live in the hopeless pain that fibromyalgia can be.

When I commented that I thought you had spoken unfairly, it was not in regard to your results. Your post said that we never returned your calls or your emails. But that simply wasn’t true. I have even attached an email that Chrisanne sent you within 24 hours of your email to us requesting refund information. Upon continuing a search I also found 3 or 4 other emails that she had sent you (I am bcced on all company emails). Perhaps her reply was blocked by your spam filter or may have just been overlooked. But, she did her due diligence in answering it in a timely manner.

Please forgive me if I came across harshly in my voicemail. That was not my intention. I have worked for Flexcin International for about 8 years and take great pride in the fact that we have helped countless people and I do tend to take it a bit personally when people call our integrity into question. Something that is very discouraging to me about the internet is that people are often bold enough to make remarks that may ruin a person or company’s reputation but then are not humble enough to return to that post to let folks who read it know that the issue was resolved or that a misunderstanding may have taken place.

Sincerely,

Gabriel Williams
General Manager
Flexcin International, Inc.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Violated 0 Votes
I will not print my response to Mr. Williams here, but I will say I do not appreciate Mr. Williams basically calling me a liar. As others have posted, their emails for refund request were also rejected as the Flexcin box is full. I returned here and posted a message that I had finally received my refund, but for some reason it did not publish. I was unaware of this. Mr. Williams insults don't impress me and hopefully none of this will discourage anyone from trying Flexcin. If it doesn't work Chrisanne will help you get a refund if you follow all their criteria. They seem to have fixed their email storage problem. Try Flexcin, nothing to lose but your time. I wish it had worked for me. Best wishes to all.
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   Cyclops 0 Votes
Flexcin is a bogus product that sells snake oil in a bottle. Their customer service is very bad (as you can read above) and their return policy is horrible! STAY AWAY FROM FLEXCIN!
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   Tom Kelly 0 Votes
I must jump in here. After over a year of testing I was told that my problem was fibromyalgia. I tried all kinds of products, but nothing seemed to work. I tried Flexcin about 8 months ago, and it is the only thing that has helped me. Not 100% I would say more like 85%, which if you were a fibromyalgia sufferer, you would think is great. I know I do. I am lucky I stumbled onto Flexcin. I read several favorable reviews on the web before trying it which is the reason I did. When I ordered it I didn't really think it would work, 3-4 others hadn't already. But to my surprise, it turned out to be great. I can't address the return issue because I won't be returning any. Just don't want fellow Fibro sufferers to think it doesn't work.
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   TAANYC 0 Votes
I am about to order Flexcin to give it a try. I've gotten some relief from Glucosamine of different brands, but am still looking for something that will work better. I read the reviews above, both good and bad and am still willing to give it a try.

What people need to realize is that these remedies work wonders for some people and not at all for others. The factors involved are numerous and unless the product is used, there's no way to know.

I have high cholesterol. It is an inherited propensity and the doctors were insisting that I go on Lipitor as my tests were as high as 330. There is something called red rice yeast that was recommended to me. In a month, with no side effects, use of red rice yeast took my cholesterol from 330 to 169. A friend of mine with a similar problem got absolutely NO results. I know it works because I went off it for a few months, had a blood test and it was back up to 268. Back on, it went back down to 170.

I am hopeful that Flexcin will give me the same type of results for my joint pain. But even if it doesn't, calling it bogus isn't fair.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   mkol +1 Votes
I am a medical doctor (M.D.) and much of my practice involves treating people with chronic pain. On behalf of my patients and as part of my professional obligations, I have done extensive reading on publications on cetyl myristoleate, especially Flexcin. The bottom line is this: there is little-to-no clinical evidence behind cetyl myristoleate (like brands Flexcin, CMO, Collastin, Myristin, Celadrin). The original "breakthrough" research that these brands keep referring to was done by an NIH researcher on rats and mice, not humans. Subsequent human research by Len Sands in 1992 and Siemandi in 1997 were of such poor quality that they were never published in peer-reviewed and credible medical journals. Celadrin has published two papers in the Journal of Rheumatology that suggest that cetyl myristoleate works, but these papers are not considered to be of high quality by the medical community. I'm still searching for other "research" that these brands keep referring to, because they certainly don't show up in standard medical search engines like the NIH's pubmed.net.

I can't comment on Flexcin's business practices, but I can certainly say that they flagrantly violate FDA law by making drug claims. It is illegal for a supplement to claim to cure diseases like "gout, fibromyalgia and arthritis". If Flexcin does indeed work for some people, it's most likely because it contains glucosamine, which has extensive legitimate research behind its effectiveness. One more thing about Flexcin: their supporting sites have a variety of "doctors" giving their "expert" medical opinion on a variety of supplements, and ultimately end up recommending Flexcin. These are not unbiased and educated opinons. They are marketing ploys. No credentials are available for any of these "doctors". I can't really even verify that they exist.

My advice to my patients: try supplements that have legitimate research behind them. Take a brand that is honest and clear about what it contains... don't fall for the "proprietary blend" or "exclusive blend" or "patented" scam. You should be fully aware of what you're taking and how much of it you're taking. Your body and your your wallet deserve it.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   Greg Turner 0 Votes
Doctor? I smell competitor!
 24th of Dec, 2009 by   Daisy1976 0 Votes
I have three family members who use this product and have had great results. I jumped on the computer today to show a co-worker information on Flexcin and did a search and was surprised to see a complaint. Out of curiosity I read the complaint. The initial complaint was from a person who didn't get their refund as fast as they expected but it seems they did get their refund. To call this product a scam seems harsh since it does work for the majority of people who try it. I felt compelled to write because I have seen it work for three of my own family members and would hate to see someone not try Flexcin because of these complaints.
I also found it odd that a "doctor" posted on here but had no real complaint about Flexcin. This "doctor" didn't appear to have first hand experience with anyone who had used Flexcin and therefore couldn't say that Flexcin did or didn't work. I also found it odd that the "doctor" also claims that doctors who have recommended Flexcin on other sites are unsearchable and may not exist and yet this "doctor" never mentions his/her own name so that consumers could see whether or not he/she exists. I would also be curious to see what this "doctor" does recommend to patients with pain. Products like Vioxx which had many "tests" to back them up but ended up causing serious heart problems in some and death in others. I question the motivations of some people for saying they do not recommend a product.
I recommend this product because it has worked for three people I know personally. I have seen my mother who had pain in her knee due to a car accident and surgery 20 years ago be able to take long walks and exercise again. I have read much about the product and know it does not work for everyone but has a high percentage of people who say it worked for them.
Maybe no one will read this post but I felt strongly enough to dispute this complaint to write and write about my experience with Flexcin. If you have pain and are thinking of trying Flexcin, I have seen it work for three people and recommend it highly.
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   Terryg 0 Votes
Hello everyone, after sitting here reading all your comments on Flexcin. My wife, age (51) and I age (53), and even my Golden Retriever, age (7) is going to give it a try. I'm going to place an order into Flexcin on Sunday, Jan. 2, 2010. I work in a major University Teaching Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. My job is in research and much of it is in collecting data. After recieving Flexcin. I'll be keeping track of the three of ours daily improvements, if there are any, how slight they may or may not be I'll record them. I'll record my wife and my daily pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worse. The dog of course I won't be able to ask! But the way she's been hobbling around the house, it shouldn't be hard to see if there's any improvement in movements around here at home.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   Linda L. Baker 0 Votes
I am a therapist and work with a Doctor who recommends Flexcin, and we keep their brochure right on our counter. He found out about it from the Doctors own Website, at Doctor.com. They recommend it themselves, you can see their recommendation on the Internet at http://jointpain.doctor.com. Focus on the comments in the bottom right hand column and you will see what I mean. He saw it there and tried it himself and now he keeps the Flexcin brochure right on the counter. We don't sell it ourselves, we just pass out the brochures. Based on the feedback I get when the Doctor's patients come in for follow up therapy, I'd say try it. I have heard many good reports on its effects.

I don't know why this one doctor would go against the recommendation of the rest of the Doctor fraternity, but obviously he's in the minority whether he's a real doctor or a just a shill.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Scifiqueen 0 Votes
to Terryg
the"Doctor" did use his name at the end of his comment
Your opinion counts as much as anyone elses I would have given more validity to his, [ alias the "Doctor"] had he tried the product on himself or his patients. Personally, I am desperate and that is what most scam artists count on. Trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of desperate people. so... I will try Flexcin, and everything else I can get my hands on because I am disabled {MS] and in constant pain and raising a daughter and I need a~n~y help I can get

Respectfully,
Scifiqueen
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   vagan 0 Votes
I have been taking Flexcin for 4 months and have had excellent results. After years of undiagnosed pain symptoms, I was finally diagnosed with Lupus. I had joint pain that would flare up in my hands, wrists, elbows, knees and feet at various times, so that I was never completely pain free. Every morning I would wake up with pain and stiffness.
I had been treating my pain with OTC pain meds and nothing seemed to work. I started taking Flexcin and my symptoms have disappeared. I have never had any problems with customer service and I will continue to use Flexcin and recommend it to others.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Dr. Kris Keller 0 Votes
I would like to respond to the medical doctor's posting. First let me say that I have no financial interest in this product. I've never used it and only heard of it yesterday which is why I am online trying to research it. I am a chiropractor. I had a strong basic sciences background before becoming interested in health care. I am not opposed to medical interventions when appropriate. I owe my own life to medical intervention when it was needed. I have been on staff at a university based medical clinic and taught as adjunct faculty at a medical school. But, I have an interest in nutritional approaches to health because I have a strong philosophical belief that, especially with chronic conditions, we should start with treatments that have the least risk of harm first.

The doctor makes a fundamental error several times in his narrative, most clearly when he says "If Flexcin does indeed work for some people, it's most likely because it contains glucosamine, which has extensive legitimate research behind its effectiveness." The fact that something has legitimate research behind it does not make it effective. It is effective whether or not the research was done. If there is no research then we can neither claim that it is effective or not effective except based on individual experience. This is the anecdotal evidence that is much maligned in current medical literature and engenders the attitude that allows a doctor to ignore the experience and opinions of his patients. To the contrary, the best doctors listen to their patients when they say something. We have an opportunity to learn from individual variations to medical treatments. Dismissing a patient’s reported response to a treatment because it doesn't fit the medical literature is a lost opportunity to refine your skills as a diagnostician and learn a potentially effective treatment for other patients. A lack of research is not proof of a lack of effectiveness. It may only mean that nobody had the money or time to do the research.
 20th of Mar, 2010 by   Robert Weisman +1 Votes
I stumbled on this site and when I saw the lively conversation about Flexcin, I just had to put in my two cents. I am Flexcin's biggest fan. Here's why...

At age 54, I still enjoy playing basketball twice a week. The last 4-5 years, however, my knees started aching after playing, and it progressively got worse as time went on. The morning after playing, they would really ache a lot, and it would subside somewhat during the day as I started to move around. The next morning they would ache, but not quite as bad as the day before. The third day they would ache, but not quite as bad as Day 2, ... but then I would play again and the cycle would start over. Each year the level of this pain would get worse, so I went to the Doctor, who basically told me I had three options. They were 1). Begin taking an expensive drug, or 2). Quit playing basketball, but the pain would still continue to grow over the years from just walking, etc., or 3). Eventually have knee replacement.

None of these fit my lifestyle, so I started researching all natural "alternative" products, and I came upon the study of CM8. It gave me hope that I was on the right track. I then went online, and found many, many positive reviews and success stories about Flexcin, which has CM8 in it. But the final straw in my decision was visiting Raven's website. www.ravenrun.net I saw his feature on ESPN, searched for and found his website, and when I saw that he used the same Flexcin I was checking out, and found it effective, that did it. Here's a man about my age who has run 100, 000 miles and takes Flexcin...

Well, its been about 6 months and in my own case I would say "WOW" ! The pain is gone, gone, gone, even the morning after basketball. At first I got discouraged, because I took it for a month and nothing. I got an email encouraging me to keep taking it, and that it takes awhile to help some people. I started noticing improvement after about 60 days, and it just continued to progressively get better. I've told all my friends, co-workers, and gym rat buddies about Flexcin. I am so thrilled I could prove my Doctor wrong. There are some Doctor posts here, but I wouldn't give them any more weight than that of someone who has actually tried the product, as I am living proof that Doctors don't have all the right answers.

I don't know how long this will work since I keep beating up my knees playing basketball 2-3 times per week, but I intend to find out, as I have no intentions of quitting...Basketball OR Flexcin!

Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Spying