Posted:

298 Orange Ave. Suite B
Goleta, California
Phone: 805.683.8600
Firststepequity.com
Beware Beware of this Firststepequity.com, this is a total scam.

All they do is post and post everyday to get you to pay $40.00 for forclosed homes. It is not
as easy as it sounds, if you want a list of forclosed homes for free, contact the banks in your
area, they list them for free.

This is a scam to sell you for $40.00 a month for foreclosure homes listings. Don't believe it.
It is a scam. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
Complaint comments Comments (50) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam Contests
More First Step Equity Complaints & Reviews
First Step Equity - Don't Get Scamed!!!

Comments

1st of May, 2009 by    -7 Votes
First Step Equity is not a scam. We are accredited with the better Business bureau and a member of the Goleta Chamber of Commerce. It is true that you can get free listings of REO's from local banks for free but those are only properties owned by that particular bank. We get our listings from title companies nation-wide and our actual members who put the information of their pre-foreclosed home on our website themselves. We do agree acquiring a pre-foreclosed home is not always easy but it is very possible and we see it happen every day. We also provide our clients with more than simple listings. Our detailed website includes sections about buying tactics and various information very important to the process. If you want to do further research on our company check out our website at www.FirstStepEquity.com
 14th of May, 2009 by    -2 Votes
wow, "We are accredited with the better Business bureau" wow, just luck up what there bbb score is- its an F. they are not accredited with the better Business bureau

this place IS a scam, and i should know. i previously worked there.
 19th of May, 2009 by    +2 Votes
its not just 40 dollars as they would have you believe its 40 dollars per month and the easiest way to cancell by far is to cancell your credit card. good luck.
 22nd of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My wife ordered and cancelled, was told she would not be charged, yet I'm staring at a 40 dollar charge on my account. She's calling the above number and if she gets jerked around we will just call bank and refute the charge.
 26th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes

First Step Equity - Total Scam
298 Orange Ave. Suite B
Goleta
California
Phone: Phone: 805.683.8600
Firststepequity.com

This company continuously charges my account $ 40 dollars a month and I have only authorized one charge of $40 dollars. They are a complete scam and the info is given out for free anyways. I was just to new a dumb to even sign up with this company. And trying to cancel the charges is almost impossible. No one picks up the phone at customer service. And when they do they have a horrible attitude and hang up on you.

STAY AWAY!!!
 8th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
told ya
 13th of Jul, 2009 by    +4 Votes
these poeple are very shifty and use inappropriate advertising. i did not give them my firty dollars which I am guessing would have been wasted...they advertised under legitimate rentals and then make a sales ptich to get your money ...very misleading and unethical
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by     Best Advice +4 Votes
plus the jerk that runs its just goes to daddy when he messes up, google HR NATIONAL that is this fools last scam and jam operation
 11th of Aug, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I just found a listing on Craigs list for rentals. They are telling me that they have lease to own options with no downs. What should i look out for? I need and want to move my family by end of year and really would love a lease to own option if that option really does exist in NORCAL (Bay area)
 11th of Aug, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Yes I too got scammed by this FIRSRTSTEPEQUITY. It was such a fraud, they took my money...At first they make themselves available to you and then they don't even answer your phone calls when u try to unsubscribe with them, , , , , how very convinient... BOOOOOOO...Don't get tricked like I did..
 1st of Sep, 2009 by    +3 Votes
Yes, this is definitely a scam. They advertise on Craig's List as "One Year Lease" "No Credit Check" "No Deposit" and "Only Pay Default Amount." I called the "Customer Service" line and they said the default amount is typicallt $1, 000 - $4, 000...there are some defaults as high as $50K! I did pay the $40 and as soon as I went to the site, lo and behold the properties that I saw on Craig's List were not even there!
 4th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Oh, come on First Equity. You know as well as I do all your doing is giving a list of foreclosed homes just like foreclosure.com and the rest of them. At least they are up front about that's all they are. You have not set up anything with the people you have listed. Any one who wants to buy the house would have to go in cold just like any other place you would find houses in foreclosure. Since you are so misleading in your advertising, it leads me to wonder how good your title searches, etc. are, especially since they're "unlimited".

Lauri Beamish- Broker
Call-Us Real Estate
DRE #00950917
 13th of Sep, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I found this home on FIRST STEP EQUITY and I went to look at it and could noticed that it looked very lived in. I left a note on the door for the owner to call me. He never did. So I thought maybe he didnt get it, so I went and left another one. He still didnt call me. So I went over there one more time and left a very detailed message and he finally called me. To my surprise he yelled at me, in between asking me questions about how I came up with the conclusion he was losing his home. He said it was absolutely ridicious to think that I would lose my 400 thousand dollar plus home when I only owe a remaining balance of 70, 100 dollars and the default being only 2, 900 after being yelled at I called first step equity hoping to find out more information on this house because I was thinking it must be a scam. Chris re assured me it wasnt and that the home would be up for auction in 7 weeks. However, after speaking with Chris I did what he told me to do which was call the lender and the trustee. Conveniently none of the numbers he told me to call where in service. Meanwhile he never answered anymore of my phone calls. They sure didnt forget to charge my account 40.00 a month for three months without me knowing. To top it all off I was told it would be a one time fee of 40.00
 6th of Oct, 2009 by    -2 Votes
I usually try to do my research on a company BEFORE I give them any of my hard earned money. I noticed "first step scam" posted that this company has an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau. I just looked it up myself and they actually have an "A-" . I don't know how you can confuse and F with an A. For one, buying a forclosed house is difficult if you're not using a real estate agent then you have to do the work yourself. I for one am giving my business to this company for the simple fact that they ARE accredited with the better business bureau and because of their rating. If you can find a better rating (with in the BBB website) on a company who does this same business I'd like for somebody to post that information. Thank you.
 13th of Oct, 2009 by    -3 Votes
This company does have an A- with the BBB, not an F. They provide you with contact information for homes and they will walk you through the process so you know what to do when you find one that you want. If you don't want to pay $40 for it, just don't! Don't pay $40 and then get mad that you didn't find a home. They can't control what you do with the information they give you. Read their response at the beginning of this list of comments.
 15th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
This company is a total fraud. I was scammed by the smooth talking sales pitch which included, "Yes it is really that easy to contact the sellers and take over payments". One more company trying to take advantage of people in tough times. Shame on them. Do not give them your money.
 25th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
FIRST STEP EQUITY IS THE SAME AS ANCHOR HOUSE FINANCIAL AND AMERICAN FINANCIAL ONLINE. IT IS OWNED BY MDSQ PRODUCTIONS LLC WHICH IS REGISTERED WITH THE DEPT. OF CORPORATIONS IN SACRAMENTO, CA.

Registration #200813710015

THE OWNER IS MIKE DAVENPORT. THE LAW FIRM REPRESENTING THEM IF YOU NEED TO SERVE THEM WITH LAW SUITS IS ...CHARTER CLAIBORNE HUGHES
AND THE ADDRESS IS 21 East Canon Periodo Street Suite 218, Santa Barbara, CA.

Phone numbers are 213-291-1525, 805-680-8837, 630-669-5369

Call the US Attorneys office and DA in Santa Barbara, Ca.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
AMENDMENT TO: FIRST STEP EQUITY IS THE SAME AS AMERICAN STANDARD ONLINE AND ANCHOR HOUSE FINANCIAL
 16th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
not true jerk First step is not any other scam but the one they pose as
 16th of Nov, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Member since May 1, 2009
Goleta, California
Add to my Associates
Invite Member to a Group
Send Message
Posting summary

Just because Chris got fired he is linking first step to the other companies he is a liar and full of it, get a life go to school and leave first step and any other companies alone or you will be in court

Contact Us