logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
2. (2 mins ago)
Scott Citrane
This man is scammer and thief
3. (4 mins ago)
Renewal by Andersen
replacement windowns
4. (4 mins ago)
VitaMall USA
Scam, fake charge and no refund
5. (6 mins ago)
4ALL Ventures
Bogus charges and impossible to stop them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Ka-ching

Do not deal with them

Fidelity Information Corporation
acollectionagency.com
My own initial problem was more with Experian than FIC, since it was their clerical screw-up that started the problem-- they apparently confused my name/address with another person in the same city who has a similar name & address; causing an "account" with FIC to suddenly appear on my credit report… and they then compounded this by filing a "fraud dispute" rather than a "mixed identity dispute" (their terms) when I wrote them to complain.

The problem I've got with FIC is their total lack of cooperation in straightening out the issue! Not only did they not provide any clarifying information to Experian other than "confirming" my name and address (which they now had on file thanks to my initial call to them), but the attitude of EVERY person from their company that I've dealt with has been exceedingly rude, dismissive, uncooperative, lazy, and frankly, flat-out arrogant.

Their "solution" to any query is simply that the caller must send in an extensive dispute, in writing, to them requiring a lot of VERY personal information, including SS#, etc. Even if you don't have (or want) an account with them, they insist on getting as much about you as possible, and won't even talk to you otherwise. Any attempt to escalate to a supervisor, request further information, explain the situation, etc., is met with a complete stone wall… and indeed they won't even let you complete a sentence, opting instead to "take control" of the call by rudely cutting you off and repeating the same crap, over and over.

Only one of the three people I dealt with (different calls and departments) would even give me their name, let alone any real assistance. Their whole purpose, it seems, is merely to intimidate callers, dismiss and divert any complaints or problems, and convince a caller that it is completely up to them to "prove" the validity of their case, rather than acknowledging any responsibility whatsoever for FIC to be accurate, fair, or even polite.

This is completely consistent with the descriptions given by other complainers on several complaint sites, and no amount of copy/pasted "false allegations made" statements and fake "updates" by FIC drones will change this.

All I can say is thank God I don't have to do any real business with these creeps! If you have ANY choice in the matter at all-- DON'T DEAL WITH THEM. There have got to be better, more legitimate alternatives out there, somewhere…
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2010 by   karen gold SUCKS! +1 Votes
Fidelity Information Corp. is the worst. They need to be EXPOSED. Karen Gold (if that is her real name) is an absolute parasite. This rep is exceedingly rude, commission fee hungry and, ignorant. It is proven I owe nothing. Why continue to harass?! I'm reporting them to BBB. This place has FRAUD written all over it! All drones working for FIC need to be held accountable for their wrong doings...
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   Robbie @ FIC Sucks 0 Votes
Yes! I hired FIC to collect money from a tenat who owed backed rent, so I was the customer! I called and "Robbie" answered. I was doubled billed but he would make no effort to correct the problem. I asked for his last name and the coward wouldn't give it. I then asked to speak with his manager and he said he was the manager. And just to repeat I called as the customer and thought this would be an easy fix but it turned into a big to-do because Robbie and it sounds like the company are both pieces of "S*#T".
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   FRUmosnter 0 Votes
Robbie is a horrible customer service representative. He says he is a manager when you ask for one; really? Management would have a better attitude, certainly. Management won't belittle you and tell you you are a scumbag over the phone. How does it feel to have so much negativity around you at work, Robbie? Do you sleep?

Weapons of Fraud