logo

Faregeek.com Complaints & Reviews - Beware buying a ticket through them

Faregeek.com Contacts & Informations

Faregeek.com

Posted: 2011-07-26 by    Nicen

Beware buying a ticket through them

Faregeek.com
faregeek.com
This fake company is operating by one or two fellows in India. Beware buying a ticket through them. There were so many restrictions that I lost half of my ticket and they wanted to charge me more than the Airline itself for a return ticket. Every time we call them, we get the same follow from India on line. He calls himself, Rone, and each time he tells a different story. He kept refereeing us to the airlines, American Airlines, the AA kept sending back to him. The worse ever experience in using an agent to book a ticket!!!
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Aug, 2011 by   JRC26 0 Votes
DO NOT EVER USE FAREGEEK. They screwed me over pretty bad, $300, maybe more. I will post a video and a blog about everything that happened soon on my channel: Boutdonow14. I'll give you what happened in a nutshell:

*I bought a ticket to Manchester, England from New York in September for cheap

Member of my family got very ill after buying the ticket, decided I should stay and not go to Europe
Andy, the customer service representative at Fairgeek suggested that I cancel my ticket, and I would get a refund. I told him that I did not want to get burned and only wanted to cancel if I got a full refund. He told me "I didn't have to worry."
I later found out that the refund I was getting was only $92, maybe less if anything at all. There was a $300 penalty and he made it sound like I was actually getting a refund.
So now, I have no ticket and Fairgeek stole $300 of my hard-earned money. I will work for free for a week or so basically. Fairgeek refuses to work with me on it and insist on giving me a $300 penalty they tried to cover up. I would have kept my ticket in my name if I had known this, just so Fairgeek couldn't steal $300 of my money and most likely turn around and sell the same ticket to someone else.
DO NOT BUY FROM FAIRGEEK!!! PLEASE!!! They may be cheap, but they have no customer service department basically and they speak horrible English. (Sounds like they are based in India.)
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THE FAIRGREEK CROOKS!!! THEY INTENTIONALLY BURNED ME AND WILL BURN YOU!!!
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   jeemyplay 0 Votes
I dont know about others, But I got very good experience with those fellows.
First when I made booking I booked myself for 22 Sep instead of 12 Sep, Faregeek help me to change my date absolutely at no extra cost!!!
and I face no problem at all during all my trip.
I will surely gonna use them one more time.
 19th of Aug, 2012 by   vanessa7899 0 Votes
NEVER USE THIS WEBSITE!!!

On Thursday night, I booked a flight to India using this website. I received a confirmation email confirming my flight. The next day, I received an email from Faregeek telling me my booking had been CANCELLED with NO explanation. Just a generic "your booking has been cancelled." I responded and asked why my flight had unilaterlly been cancelled. Their response cited a "booking agreement" and they said they had left me a message about this. Complete lies. I never received a call from Faregeek and still have not received any calls from them. When I searched for the flight to rebook, the price increased by $200. I called faregeek and after hours and hours of waiting and making multiple calls, I have been given multiple conflicting reasons for the flight cancellation (one of which is that the airline refused to honor the "deal" that faregeek had advertised. Apparently, faregeek does not confirm prices with the airline before offering those prices. What kind of business does that???). They are a nightmare to deal with and I would recommend paying a little extra and using a different website to book your flights. If you use this site, I really hope that a flight has actually been reserved for you and that you actually make it to your final destination.
 21st of Jun, 2013 by   Gus71 0 Votes
I bought to two tickets from them. One for my girlfriend and one for me. Mine was confirmed and bought the same day. They charged me and no problems. For my girlfriend they sent her that email confirming the purchase but not airline confirmation. I had to call them the next day (5-10 time no customer service) finally i reached somemeone who provided me with the airline confirmation. We called the airline and confirmed both tickets. Here is the catch, my girlfriend's ticket did not get charged. No charges in the credit card and the ticket is valid. I want to see a few more weeks what will go one. Overall if you save 200-300$ book for them, otherwise I will buy from airlines.

Beware Oil Change Coupons