logo

ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (32 mins ago)
Devine Devons
Devon rex terminally ill kitty
4. (44 mins ago)
Gas Not Available

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Familygokarts.com, Browns Valley, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - Warranty yea right

Familygokarts.com Contacts & Informations

316 West Broadway
Browns Valley, Minnesota
Phone: 1-800-950-2210
familygokarts.com
I purchased a Hemsuim HS250ST-6 ATV 250cc from Family go karts. I lasted 2 rides for my Son, It started Smoking. I contacted Jeff Becker the owner. Filled out the forms and sent Pictures of the enging problem in February 2009. I have sent more emails then any one could amagin. Attorney letter / Filed with the BBB in Minn. Nothing has even been done. I founfd out that Warranty Protect / Gloria McDonald would take care of the repairs. I contacted Her, Two month's go by, She finally talked with me. After taking it 38 miles my self to a shop She set up. It stayed their 54 days, They could not even get the head off the engine. I picked it up and brought it home. It has been in my way / In the garage ever sense. Jeff Becker is a LIER. He will not Help any one. Their sale's technech is Fraud. I will at some point in my near future take this C*** to Minn.and confront Him Personally, If I have to I will cut the darn junk up and leave it at His front door. Family Go Karts is a Dam Joke. I assure everone. DO NOT BUY THIS CHINESE JUNK.
Comments United States Motorcycles & Scooters
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Familygokarts.com complaints
Familygokarts.com - Poor service

Comments

3rd of May, 2010 by   gokart.comsux 0 Votes
WE are having the same problem right now, my nephew has saved up for almost a year to get a go kart (parents paid for the rest). He drove it once and it shut off. Gokarts.com refuses to help and do not want to honor their warranty. Do not buy from GOKARTS.COM. They are thieves. Not just that, they advertise American GO KARTS and ours is clearly marked made in China. Not that we have a problem with China, but who will fix it here? So, lets add liars to the thieve remark.
 11th of Jul, 2010 by   robw4 +1 Votes
Caution, Dont sign libabilty statement, I have had this kart for about a year, within first 2 weeks gas tank leak s on engine, gas and heat not good, ask bout replacement parts within warranty time frame never happen, After 1 month Brake caliber fell off it would not stop. This goKarts is a death trap DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE. This by far the worst piece of Sh-- Ever If you love your kids and don't want them to get hurt do not buy from these people. religious I dont think so

Rob

P.S. The brake caliber fell off a second time
 28th of Nov, 2010 by   pcd1 +1 Votes
OMG, I have had the worst trouble with the kart I purchased for my son. It arrived and immediately was in need of repair. There were were stripped threads that needed repair before I could even assemble it. After assembly it would hardly run or keep a charge on the battery. It stopped running after about 30 minutes of use. I have had it to the shop many times for repair. No one even wants to work on it. I had leaking gas tanks, stripped threads, loose wires, poor running and many other issues. All repairs at my expense.
We have owned the Kart for 6 months and it has been used about 3 times. I could not even start it for the first three months.
I have also called the BBB and have had terrible response from the Jeff Becker and the rest of the comp. They will not even take my attorneys calls.
I would not ever recommend buying anything from these people. I think I am going to burn it and ship back to them.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   mike gilbert 0 Votes
I bought my 31/2 yr. old son the 110cc go kart last april 2010 with the remote start, it started out to work fine then the remote start quit and then it started to c*** out at accelleration, the rear disc brake bolt came loose so the brakes didn't work so I had to mickey rig with a bolt that didn't fit because some of these parts are from another world. The gas cap was pooring out gas, the axle nuts were sent wrong they gave me regular nuts rather than the castle nuts with cotter keys those came loose a couple of times. So I emailed jeff about the problems he responded most of my emails but did nothing about it. So since then I bought a new carb and am looking to buy a gas tank that will fit but looks impossible. My poor son always ask is my gokart running today and I have to til him I'm working on it, it is very disappointing.
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   jerry edd 0 Votes
i bought 2- wheelers from these people...biggest pieces of shit on this planet...the 4 wheelersare as well.they do not return phone calls they will do nothing after they get your money.if anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit please contact me @ed3170@gmail.com...these people must be held accountable for the c*** they sell...i have had nothing but problems since day one...
 1st of May, 2012 by   Shirley Upthegrove CEO 0 Votes
I own Family-Go-Karts, an amusement park in Port Austin, MI. I sure hope no one will think we are affiliated with this co. that sells go carts. We do not sell carts, only tickets to ride them. Come join us and have some fun.
 14th of Jul, 2012 by   cbhh0708 +1 Votes
Well I was gonna get my 4yr old son a 4wheeler from here but after reading nothing but bad complaints I think I will keep looking.
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   tdsmithers  Best Advice +4 Votes
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Jeff will tell you anything you want to hear until he gets your money. Then you are SOL after that!!! STAY AWAY!!!
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   Deshawn1 +1 Votes
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Jeff won't help u at all!!! 4 wheelers are trash!! Brought my son one for Christmas an it ain't last 30 mins!! They don't honor any warren ties !!!
 20th of Mar, 2013 by   Unhappy single mother 0 Votes
I wish I found this page and did more research before I bought my son gokart. We could not get it crank becuase the harness wire obviously has a shortage in it so we had to hold it in order to crank it. While my son was riding it after finanally getting it crank, the damn muffler fell off. I'm now getting the run around from the comapny in regards to getting this matter taken care of. I've done everything that they asked from sending emails, pictures, etc. I'm still waiting on them to let me know what their going to do. I'm a single parent and can not afford to throw away money on anything. I trusted these people with my money and believed in them and their product. I will not advise anyone to buy anything from these people. They are a rip off!!!
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   railroad5005 0 Votes
I bought a kandi 90b gokart and it has been nothing but trouble from the start. The brakes didnt last three rides and for every hour it is used I have to spend at least an hour fixing it. If you do buy one you better locktite everything, becuase everytime you use it something will vibrate off. Then if you do need something sent to you good luck. They give you the runaround and you can forget customer service! they wont talk to you unless your wanting to buy something. You have to email everything and your lucky if they will respond to you. Save your money and buy a brand name product that will last and has a good reputation.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   hollybrooke 0 Votes
I contacted Jeff within 45 days and told him my 4-wheeler would not run and he spent the next 4 months telling me to try this and try that. We finally got fed up and wanted to return it. He sent me an email this morning and said my 45 days were up. My daughter rode this thing for 3 weeks and now it does nothing. There should be a Lemon Law for anything over $500. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. I have wasted $900. It's like my daughter didn't get a Christmas present.
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   Amy haring 0 Votes
I have all of the same issues that everyone else is having! My sis year old son is without a birthday present because of this awful, awful company! The ATV I purchased is the 110 cc and has NEVER RAN! There products are JUNK! I am going to try and dispute it with my bank because I'm not paying ship something back that never worked in the first place!
 3rd of Jul, 2013 by   Rabat1228 +1 Votes
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but we have experienced the same problems with familygokarts.com. Do yourself a favor and spend your money somewhere else, we are extremely unhappy with them.
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   WhatAJOK 0 Votes
My sons ATV has only had just a few rides before it too stopped working. The claim 100% money back guaranteed but I have asked 3 times in 3 separate emails for authorization to return it and he just ignores that part of my emails when responding. As of now I am waiting on replacement parts.
 26th of Jul, 2013 by   tpw3 0 Votes
I am one of the suckers that spent almost $2, 000 on a gokart from Jeff Backer and it hasn't ran over 15 minutes at a time without something falling off or tearing up!! My sons have wanted a gokart for so long and I had to finance this thing and I am still making payment on it, but it is sitting in my garage broken, where it has been for 2 months!! I thought I was spending my hard earned money on something my kids could enjoy and have fun on. Their website says we stand by what we sell...that is a LIE!!! What comes around, goes around, so Jeff might should watch out, because he is doing alot of families wrong!!!

TW
 30th of Aug, 2013 by   mart04 +1 Votes
DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PIECE OF CRAP LIARS. Family Go Karts is disgusting. I bought an ATV and the battery was not working from the get go. I contacted Jeff Backer and he told me the battery is not covered under warranty. UMMM HELLO???? I would expect to at least get a working battery to start out and if it goes bad over time, so be it. He is such a smug POS and Im sending the junk back. Luckily Im within the 45 day return policy. Yes, I will be out the shipping, but its better then dealing with this terrible company. I wish I would have found this site prior to purchasing from them. Lesson learned.
 21st of Nov, 2013 by   12SeekTruth 0 Votes
I agree with everyone else..DO NOT BUY FROM FAMILY GO KARTS!! I purchased atvs from this company for my children and it would not even start. I got jerked around for several months, try this that..try that..before I finally said I wanted my money refunded or a new atv, well lo and behold I'm am outside the the 45 day return period. In my opinion, the delays of fix this or that was merely a stall tactic to get past the 45 days. The more I pressed the issue over the last several months, I got told that the piece of junk is not their responsibility, but is the product maker and I can't get a refund now. I wish I would I would have found this website a while ago..live and learn.

DW
 22nd of Dec, 2013 by   ksimonds 0 Votes
Tell the truth and shame the Devil this is NOT a Christian Company! Heartless crooks! This company owe over $300, 000 to vendors several years ago and I feel this is how they make money is by promising one thing then taking your money and doing another! Jeff Backer has anger issues and is a rude pompous jerk. Website guaranteed deliver before Christmas then emailed me day and a half before delivery and said it would not be here but I could drive to Illinois to pick atv up, mind you I live in OHIO. I explained to him that this was my child's Christmas gift and my son is going to be devastated he told me I should have planned accordingly. Jeff Backer was to worried about trying to point blame at others and all customer service went out the window. He even told me "stop busting my chops, " what business owner would EVER say that to a customer after ruining a child's Christmas?!
 7th of Apr, 2014 by   Badboy Report 0 Votes
wow I have not found one good cheap modped scooter good person or dealer YET. I have not bought one after reading all the bad reviews on these companies.

Fight Against Healthcare Insurance Fraud