logo

Unexplained credit card payment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Family Heritage Life Insurance Company, Cleveland, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - checking account fraud

Family Heritage Life Insurance Company Contacts & Informations

Family Heritage Life Insurance Company

Posted:    a.k. anderson

checking account fraud

Family Heritage Life Insurance Company
Cleveland, Ohio
Phone: 4409225222
We bought policies from this company in July of 2006 thought the better of it and tried to cancel our policy the first time in June of 2007. Since then, they have fraudulently taken money out of our checking account for a loss of more than $4000. You can not have a civil conversation with them if you want to cancel. We took the money out of our checking account for a few months and notified the bank not to pay them. We received letters that our policies were canceled for non payment. A few months later they were again taking money from our account. We are in the process of filing suit against them and would appreciate hearing if anybody else who has been cheated by them.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jan, 2010 by   kcarl 0 Votes
This is a fake complaint!!!
I canceled my policy with no problems at all.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   RAY42 0 Votes
As an agent with FHL I can say this is a total lie. The company has an A+ rating with the BBB which means they adhere to a strict code of ethics and practices. Total nonsense. I have had people cancel their policies with absolutely no problem.
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   John Price 0 Votes
I agree with the complainant. FHL withdraws from my account, but when it came time to pay up for benefits, first they said they made a deposit, it did not happen; next they said they inverted micker numbers, yet were still able to withdraw more money; we waited three weeks, made numerous phone calls; next they said the person who handled our account was no longer work, when we asked for a supervisor, they said no one was available. They have made a jillion excuses to beat around the fact that money promised for pay out has never been received. It appears this company is a marketing scam that preys on people and their health concerns. medical bills have gone unpaid, because I counted on this supplemental insurance, that never happened!
 11th of May, 2010 by   Honeybiscuit 0 Votes
I completely disagree with this. I have never had a problem with Family Heritage and have filed several claims. They were clear with me that this is a supplement to my health coverage and is not meant to cover everything. It pays cash to you at home based on what level of coverage you sign up for. If I don't need to use it I will receive what I put in minus my claims. I wish other insurance did this!
 19th of May, 2010 by   Bob in Texas 0 Votes
This complaint is fraudlent! And more than likely made by a competing insurance company. Family Heritage prides itself on excellent customer service and integrity. I personally know 3 people in my community that have been paid fast, handsome claims by Family Heritage. My brother-in-law had a Family Heritage policy which he cancelled due to financial reasons and he even had the agent come back by and lower his coverage level so that he wouldn't lose the money he had in his return of premium account with them. Do yourself a favor and if a Family Heritage agent calls on you, take 10 mins and look at their products, they are second to none.

Happy in Texas
Bob-
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   Tommy1212 0 Votes
I have recently canceled my Family Heritage insurance and they still hit my checking account! This is a fraud and I plan to do something about it. The people on here that back Family Heritage probably work for them and surf the scam forums to try to catch people posting bad comments about them in hopes that they can trick people into buying the policy.
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   dixiegirl 0 Votes
I just had an insurance salesman come to my door today. He talked to me about getting insurance to cover the costs of my family if anything were to happen. The costs included travle expenses, some surgerys, and what ever we didnt use we get back in twenty years. We would pay 66$ a month...which isnt bad and everything sounded great. We hadsome doubts because there are soo many scams anymore, and we asked if we could look over some things and get back at him at a later date. The salesman acted very unprefessional and ripped up the paper work infront of us. ya...looks bad for the company. We would have been interested but now we will look somewhere else.
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   Daphine Proctor 0 Votes
I invested in a cancer policy with FHL in May 2002. Six months later, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was self-employed at the time, and bought the policy for the return of premium, since there was no cancer in my family, and I certainly did not think it would happen to me. I had a right breast mastectomy, chemotherapy and traveled for second opinion and other test. This policy did not pay my medical bills (fortunately, my husband had great health insurance on me). But it DID PAY us so much money that I was able to concentrate on getting well and not how I was going to pay my FAMILY BILLS! I was so impressed with the way they paid and how much they paid that I decided to sell my business and go to work for the company. I wanted to protect families like mine had been protected. I have now been in the business for six years, and have so many policyholders that have had to use this plan, and have thanked me for stopping by. The money is good but the feeling that you have just protected someone from losing their homes, savings, etc, cannot be explained. Of course, your opinion is your opinion and everybody has one. But unless you have been through it, I think it very unfair to discourage those that just may need it one day. I REALLY can help you out in a tight spot.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   DIranc 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. I told them to cancel, they said they did, sent me a letter in the mail, and they only skipped one month and started taking the money back out the next month. I decided to keep it after all, but I was still pissed that they didn't listen to me at all!
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   LuckyLeper 0 Votes
I had a similar incident occur with myself that dixiegirl had. First off they just show up at your door. Second when I told the agents that I would like to discuss the information with my wife and get back with him, he became angry and attempted to pressure me into filling out the paperwork and then if I decided I did not need the coverage I could cancel it. The agent was very pushy and demanded that I need to fill it out now. After discussing with him that I would review the information with my wife and get back with him if he would leave a business card, he became stand-offish and judgemental. Basically saying what a terrible person I was because I did not care enough for my family to get this coverage. What a salesman. It is funny how an agent comes to your door with no warning or notice then will not allow you to review the information he has presented to you with your spouse or online. I am just suppose to take his word for it. Lastly, he try to make me think that he was with the state agency I work for and he was contacted by them with my information. Later his partner slipped and said that they got my information off of the internet. Plus they were targeting state employee's (Correctional Officers) because they know that they were paid well.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   concerned daughter in florida -1 Votes
My mother bought a policy from this company but she was convinced by the salesperson that she was purchasing a policy which included heart attacks and strokes. She wasn't very concerned about the cancer but she was about the other so she even had the intensive care rider added to her policy. As a disabled widow she was paying $94 per month for 5 years and never needed it, until this summer. She had a heart attack, was hospitalized and had double bipass surgery. When she attempted to file a claim she was told that she didn't have that type of coverage. However, the person on the phone said that she could file a claim on the days she was in ICU but we've yet to see that money.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   concerned daughter in florida -1 Votes
My mother bought a policy from them in 2006. She has been paying $94 per month since then. She is a disabled widow on a very limited income but she bought the policy when a salesperson came to her door and told her all about this wonderful policy and all of the things it covered, including injury by any manner, heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc. My mother wasn't concerned so much about cancer because there is really no family history but she was worried about injuries and heart attacks/strokes. She purchased the policy and has been paying faithfully every month, never needing it until now. This summer she suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized and needed bipass surgery. Now the insurance company says she only has cancer coverage and a rider for ICU for hospitalization and don't want to pay. However, they sent her a claims form and want the doctor to fill out the date of her heart attack/stroke, hospitalization details, diagnoses, etc. If she's not covered then why does their claim form ask for that info? I would be very careful with this company, we are having an attorney look into the matter.
 9th of Dec, 2011 by   jjllj 0 Votes
My husband & I bought a Family Heritage Accident/Injury policy in 2008. In August 2011, our son was in a serious accident with multiple injuries. We started the claim process immediately, but now over 3 months later, we still have not received any payment. We have had 2 stacks of paperwork to complete, and the hospital, & MedFlight have completed forms. Each time we think we have submitted all the required information, then Family Heritage requests more. We even had to submit documentation to prove our son is our dependent (even though he is listed on our policy from 2008 & we have been paying for coverage for him). Now Family Heritage says they have to wait on even more info from the hospital. We feel that the only way we will receive payment is to turn this over to our attorney. We wish we had never taken this policy with Family Heritage. It is a worthless company!
 14th of Jan, 2012 by   Midwest Agent 0 Votes
As an Agent in the sup insurance industry I find it amusing reading opinions and experiences with families that have had so called bad experinces on the part of the Insurance carrier.
It seems as though most cases are a result in the hospitals using different codes than what is listed on their policy benefit schedule. Ignorant people and Agents selling the policies incorrectly create a combination which always make the Ins Co look like the culprit when infact its just plain ignorance.
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   KSL376 +1 Votes
It seems to me that a lot of people have spoken unfavorably about this company. I'm glad to also find a lot of good comments and experiences! My husband and I just bought the accident and the cancer coverage plans for ourselves and our two children to be covered. We were extremely satisfied with our representative and his kindness, honesty, and professionalism. He was not pushy.he was not demanding. He also offered me a job because he said I am very friendly & my appearance along with my personality would be a great fit for a sales position. I looked them up on BBB and they have an A+ rating and looks like they respond to EVERY complaint from ANYONE who files one. They consistently had attempted to satisfy their customers. I'm very interested in a position with this company and I do think that a lot of peoples complaints have to do with salesmen or salespeople which does look bad on the company but that doesn't mean everyone is all bad or that they don't care. Plenty are believers in the product and are attempting to share a good benefit, good coverage to help in a time of need. And I've seen a lot of people talk about how fast they got their money as well. I can't wait to see where this takes me.
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   unbelievably treated 0 Votes
My mother purchased a cancer policy over 1.5 years ago. She was diagnosed w/cancer in Sept. of 2011 (this is March 2012) and we have yet to see a claim payment including the first occurrence benefit. She has had three biopsies performed by two hospitals (one ranked as the best cancer center in the world 12 straight years - two biopsies there as second opinions). They have paid no hospital, chemo or radiation benefits either. They have requested documentation 2-3 times after it was sent - they are requesting reports from doctors after it is sent - simply put: they do not pay claims. I am now contacting an attorney, the dept. of insurance, and the attorney general for deceptive trade practices. I have a medical power of atty for my mother and they refuse to correspond with me on the claims and she is unable to handle all the requests. Horrible treatment of an elderly cancer patient.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   PunkinPot 0 Votes
Look them up on BBB, not here. If someone is truly dissatisfied with a company, they don't come to an anonymous place like this to vent. They go to the BBB and file a proper complaint because we are talking about an insurance company. 95% of all bad insurance practices are actually illegal.
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   muchilove -1 Votes
All of the people who say this is a bogus complaint...y'all are shameful
YES this company will screw you out of money. YES they will tell you how to cancel your policy, but will not admit that you HAVE done what they say in trying to cancel, and YES they WILL keep on charging your account
BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND STILL FIGHTING THEM
BETTER TO NEVER OPEN YOUR DOOR THAN TO TRY AND CANCEL A POLICY
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   texasbuc +1 Votes
Look people, if you REALLY want to get an insurance company to pay, instead of complaining on sites like this or even the BBB site, write instead to the state board of insurance (for the state where the company is located). Nothing will make them respond faster! The state board of insurance is the body that licenses the insurance companies. They can pull their license in a heartbeat and the insurance companies know this. Want action? Now you know how to get it!
 11th of Sep, 2012 by   buckeyegolf +2 Votes
Thanks texasbuc that makes a lot of sense. It was a mystery to me as to how a fraudulent employer and or employee that was only able to be in practice by permission of the state could ever stay in business. A salesman came to my door today and showed me their policies. As a conservative person I wanted time to think about it, as I never make a decision based upon emotion. I needed time to dig myself. The agent was polite and very understanding, he did state that if I was giving him an excuse, he would prefer to hear "NO" as opposed to wasting his time to come back if I was not seriously considering this policy. He asked me to promise him that I would hold up my end of the bargain for our appointment Thursday, and he held me accountable for his return.Since hes left Ive read many positive and negative comments about this company and became quite skeptic about their promises. However, after reading your post I went to insurance.ohio.gov and found contact information to call the state. The couldnt give me much on details but they did however state that Family Heritage was in good standing and was not considered "poor" or "fraudulent". Thanks to you I have confined in my decision and I will be protecting my family.

Saving on Holiday Shopping