logo

family feature films

Posted:    soapgirl

sales calls

family feature films
After asking repeatedly to please not call, I have finally started to file complaints. They call every week at 8:00 in the morning and start their sales pitch by saying, "I know you asked not to call but could you give me just 2 minutes of your time?" UNBELIEVABLE
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Feb, 2009 by   nursegirl 0 Votes
I agree, they are relentless. I have bought plenty of movies from them. My kids have just grown up and I don't want any more.
 16th of Feb, 2009 by   cheinold@aol.com 0 Votes
I totally agree. These are some of the rudest people I have ever dealt with on the phone. I suggest that everyone that has had a problem with this company go to their website and write a complaint!
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   aztec1958 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem with this company and can't find a way to make them stop. I've tried to *69 thier number but when I try to call back I'm told the call cannot be completed. If anyone has thier website so I can start posting complaints or address please let me know what it is
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   J.M. 0 Votes
I've nicely asked "Jess, from Family Feature Films" to stop calling and waking me up for months, but he doesn't stop. My wife made the mistake of purchasing videos from them over 15 years ago. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM! Does anyone know their web address or phone number so I can start harassing THEM? I'm tired of being civil. Any ideas as to which goverment channel I can utilize? What else can we do to hurt them where it hurts the worst, in their pocketbook? Join me! I'm going on the offensive!
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   Lady of the house 0 Votes
Hi Let me know how it works out on calling them. Here's the information

I wouldn't say that the are rude but rather insistant and persistant!

Our Customer Service
We continually look for better ways to serve you. If you have any suggestions or questions, please e-mail custserv@familytv.com or call 1-800-FAMILY-TV (1-800-326-4598) or 1-800-347-2833, Mon–Fri 6 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. • Sat 7 a.m. – noon MST.
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   Daniel Boone 0 Votes
Common folks...get a grip. You are talking to a computer. There is no Jess or Jason...you are talking to an AI computer. (Artificial Intelligence)

The computer is not programmed to accept requests to cease. They just go to the next solution to close the sale.

Simply HANG UP THE PHONE. That's what I did and the calls now only come once or twice a year. You aren't going to hurt the computer's feelings...I promise. Personally, I think the system is genius and effective.

My 2 Cents Worth.

DB
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   AIiscoming 0 Votes
OMGosh- Yes, yes - I think that people are not ready for the intelligence this call brings! My husband is a software engineer and even I had to tell him, "Your talking to a freaking computer!" Simply hanging up does not work. However, I did try asking them to hold on a second and then putting the phone down for a few minutes (I heard somewhere that companies don't appreciate the charges that rack up) In any case, eventually you will hear a live person say "hello?" Maybe that's the time to cancel and not waste your time talking with a computer... Seems to have worked for me...
 10th of Aug, 2010 by   grandmagreat 0 Votes
I had the same problem and stopped buying but now my grandchildren are enjoying a new movie and asking for more they have seen advertised.I hope not to have to deal with this again but the movies are very good.
 10th of Aug, 2010 by   grandmagreat 0 Votes
It was not a computer I was talking to, it was a real, determined, pushy salesperson, doing their job but not hearing when I said no no no thank-you, even went as far as to put another person, real person on the line too.
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   mrbill121059 0 Votes
Here you go this is what i did. They kept calling several times a week asking for my wife. At first I told them she was not home which she wasn't. I kept telling my wife that they kept calling and my wife said just don't answer the phone. I tried that for several more weeks, but then i started to get annoyed. They called again and i told them politely that my wife and I did not want to be contacted anymore. That didn't work either. So the last time they called and asked for her I told them that she was in a fatal car accident over the weekend and had passed away and because I am disabled do to t he fact that I am legally blind, I have no need for their products. They haven't called in a while but if they do this is what I will do next. I will tell them that we worship satan and if they call again I will find where they are located, come to their location kidnap them tie them to stone tables, poor goats blood all over them, gut them like a pig and set them on fire while we sing hale satan. LOL If that don't work then I am at a loss and will just go back to not answering the phone. Good Luck Everyone!
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   socialcity 0 Votes
They are relentless at calling the elderly. My dad has been hospitalized this week. I picked up the first call: "Hi, just to let you know this is not a sales call, I'm calling to tell you thank you for your past support and as a reminder this is not a sales call. Everyone likes a pat on the back, right? Don't you like to get a pat on the back?" My response: If I was my mom and I was elderly I might like to get a pat on the back...well, the phone slammed down on the other end. I'm an advocate for the elderly and by he actions of this call, I would say this company preys on the elderly. I'm out for them now. They've called this number too many times this week.
 4th of Mar, 2011 by   rollin west 0 Votes
Now they call from different area codes. And they ask you to input your telephone number (and other info) even though they have it and called you on that number. It is needed for their affilates (?). And what really ticks me off, it the fact that you have to interact with many people. The person that calls you CANNOT complete the transaction let along the phone conversation. This is a real turnoff. Their movies are great, but their marketing technique is a big zero. They are not customer friendly. They are now a high pressure selling machine. I noticed the Sams Club carries some of the same titles (by Family Friendly Films) and with cheaper prices. Oh, to return to the old days when they really cared about your family.
 4th of Mar, 2011 by   socialcity 0 Votes
I sent an email to customer service and told them if they did not stop calling I would blast them on every social media platform I could find AND get them a special spot on CNN. CNN has a live board for local stories you can submit. Can't remember the name at the moment. I received a quick response and my elderly parents number was removed from their calling list.

Six Energy-Saving Tips For Winter