logo

REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICE,
NOT YET RECEIVED MY BIKES RC BOOK
4. (58 mins ago)
Chase Bank
Closed my account without notice
5. (2 hrs 2 mins ago)
GSN.COM
GSN is deceptive!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Eye Doctor's Optical Outlet Complaints & Reviews - I’ll never go back to Optical Outlets

Eye Doctor's Optical Outlet Contacts & Informations

Eye Doctor's Optical Outlet

Posted:    Rihrone

I’ll never go back to Optical Outlets

Eye Doctor's Optical Outlet
opticaloutlets.com
Here is my experience at Optical Outlets in the Seminole Town Center Mall in Sanford, Florida. Absolutely horrendous customer service experience (quite possibly the worst I've ever had). I had an exam at Optical Outlets and the prescription the doctor prescribed was different than the one I had last year, which was done at a different eye doctor office (-1.0 at Optical Outlets vs. -1.25 at other place the year before). As soon as I walked out I noticed that my vision was not as clear as with the earlier prescription. But I thought it was maybe that I just had to get used to it. Then I had to go out of town on business and realized that it wasn't getting any better and there was definitely something wrong with my contacts. My vision was blurry in the distance. So, as soon as I got back from my trip, the first thing I did was to go back to Optical Outlets to tell them about my vision problem. The lady I spoke to (unfortunately, I don't remember her name) told me that the -1.0 was the right prescription for me since the doctor did a "full" exam and that's what he prescribed. I kept telling her that I couldn't see clearly (but I could just a week ago with my old contacts), but she kept insisting that there was nothing wrong with the contacts from Optical Outlets. She told me that the prescription can change from year to year… blah blah blah… and I kept telling her that I couldn’t see clearly. She finally ended up consulting the doctor, who also insisted that the prescription of -1.0 was correct. I then, again, mentioned that my prescription was -1.25 last year and I could see just fine then. The lady told me that she couldn't help me and told me that if I wanted another exam, I would have to pay for the exam again. I really couldn't believe my ears when she said that. She refused to give me a follow-up consultation (which should be included in the initial exam my insurance company covered) and had the nerve to tell me to pay for another exam with a doctor who couldn't get it right the first time. I told her I would go somewhere else then and have another eye exam so I could at least get contacts that fit. Her coworker then informed me that I could exchange the boxes of contacts that had been ordered for me already (with the -1.0 prescription that wasn't right for me) with another prescription as long as it was the same brand. I then left and made another exam appt with the same eye doctor I went to last year. He did the exam, and as expected, my prescription was -1.25 on both eyes, with my right eye being borderline -1.50. AND…. VOILA… I could see clearly again with my new contacts!! At this point it became very apparent that I had been lied to and cheated out of my insurance money by the place in Sanford, so I called my insurance company to explain what happened. I told them that I did not ever want to set foot into Optical Outlets again, not even to exchange my correct prescription for the ones that they were holding for me (with my insurance funds tied up). They informed me that I just needed to call Optical Outlets in Sanford to release the funds for the materials so I could get my contacts at the other eye doctor office with the correct prescription. That’s exactly what I did, but whoever answered the phone at the Sanford outlet was giving me the run-around and again wasn’t trying to help me, citing that the store manager would have to make that decision and he/she was in an all-day meeting. That’s when I sent an e-mail through the Optical Outlets Web site and a few hours later I was contacted by someone at the corporate headquarters telling me that it was taken care of and my insurance funds were released. WOW! So much time wasted on trying to get this corrected and now I have to file an appeal with my insurance company to get reimbursed for my second, correct exam… only because the incompetent people at the Sanford Optical Outlet refused to help me get the correct prescription. UNBELIEVABLE. Needless to say, I’ll never go back to Optical Outlets and I’ve informed my coworkers, friends and family members to stay clear of the Sanford place at all cost should they have any vision issues. The insurance company rep., my other eye doctor, as well as everyone else was also baffled by the way I was treated and couldn’t believe that there is a company out there that engages in shady business practices like the one I experienced.
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jul, 2010 by   DANA KIMBALL -1 Votes
I just left the Optical Outlet located in the Citrus Park Mall location in Tampa, Florida. I got there before the 'doctor'got back from lunch with my right eye completely shut because it felt like a rasor was slicing my eye every time I blinked. I explained the pain I was in and begged to be seen as soon as the 'doctor' got in. When he arrived he was told of my condition and chose to see the appointments scheduled first instead of my emergency. I questioned the person behind the counter if it was there policy to take appointments before emergencies and all he said was that the 'doctor' was quick. I waited till the appointment was done and thought I would be next but no, he took another appointment. The man behind the counter said that I ought to go ahead and order my glasses first and by the time I was done the 'doctor' would be ready for me. I started to do that and then thought to myself, why, why was I straining my eye to be fitted for glasses instead of taking care of the emergency at hand. I requested for my and my husbands perscriptions and told them that this was just not right. No one tried to make the situation better they just let me walk out. I had been going there for years but never again. My eye still feels like a rasor and my nose even hurts from the pain but if it is not better by morning I will look for another place to go. Optical Outlet SUCKS!!!
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   Aldous Snow -1 Votes
A quater of a change doesnt make a differce in your vision. Possibly it was the brand of contact. Do a little research before you insult a very well respected company. Ill continue to be seen there because they have ALWAYS got my rx right and glassesd back ON TIME! Maybe because i treat them like professionals like they are! They know what they are doing, so quit acting like you know what your talking about bc you clearly dont. Have a nice life insulting other doctor offices.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   jenga227 -1 Votes
@ Aldous Snow.. a quarter of a change does make a difference. Not all Optical Outlets are "well respected company" and perhaps you can help by teaching and/or training these outlets to be more professional - not that you are showing much professionalism yourself based upon your attack on someone's experience. How about you have the life that is expected based on your attitude.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Navy Nurse -1 Votes
Optical outlets on colonial drive is horrible. The Dr. there calls other Dr."s to get the previous rx so they can find out what to do, if they don't know how to do an exam why do one, they couldn't get my old rx and so I wasn't seen because of that. Glad I didn't get the exam I am sure my rx would have been wrong. Optical Outlets needs to screen their doctors credentials
 4th of Oct, 2011 by   Iconspired2 -1 Votes
In most cases I would say that if you have a vision plan they want you to have that exam so they can collect your 10, 15, or possibly 20 dollar co-pay, file and get back the 20, 30, or maybe 40 reimbursement from the provider. That way they can pay the OD which is independently contracted his 29 or so dollars, splitting the rest of the profit among the 4 owners of the company. Now if you take 38 locations throw in a few VA contracts and do the math, someone is making a helluva lot of money.
 26th of Jul, 2012 by   ABNICL -1 Votes
Very bad experience with the Optical outlet in the West oaks Mall in Ocoee. Other then the fact that my mother has gone back 4 times to have her prescription corrected only to finally be told that there was nothing that they could do for her. My 12 year old son was there for an exam because he did not do well on a general exam with the pediatrician and it was suggested that he be seen by an eye dr. On the medical consent form that I filled out, I clearly marked the box that stated that I did NOT want his eyes dilated. My son emerged from his exam in LESS then 5 minutes and the dr. informed me that we needed to wait because his eyes were dilated!! Not only that..I was also told that my son has 20/20 vision but yet 2 yrs ago he was prescribed glasses because he was nearsighted! Needless to say I was concerned, but I was VERY upset that the dr. ignored my orders NOT to dilate his eyes. The dr. laughed a nervous laugh and told me that it was no big deal!!! He admitted to not reading the release form, but that it was irrelevant because eye dilation is standard practice! During the confrontation the regional manager came out from behind and told me to leave the office or he will contact security! Not 1 apology was made. I have since made a complaint with the Dept. of Health, the insurance co., and the corporate office.
 19th of Nov, 2012 by   mamacat -1 Votes
The blurred vision originates from the eyedrops you have been given before your screening with the vision-machine. It is common knowledge that after this precedure with the Eyedrops that you WILL have trouble focusing on things as Reading, Writing, Watching TV and Operating a Motored Vehicle. The drops usually work about 1-2 hours before you can focus again. Those Eyedrops are made to relax the muscle during the eye exam and was designed to help doctors to get a 100% clear reading on your vision. After all that was why you came in for right?! The Person that administored the Eyedrops should have mentioned to you all "facts" before giving the eyedrops! The vision itself does NOT change from the Eyedrops as it is only temporary to relax the muscle during the exam. I have to stress that patients should be more questioning if something feels odd or confusing BEFORE doing any kind of medical exams. I agree that a patient should be upset about things but to be fair... the patient should take the time and inconvinience that comes with it and pay attentions to every little detail. It is your Body and you have to live with it for a very long time. Make the time for yourself even if it means to be a horroble nosey patient. At least you'll know what you need to know for your own health and piece of mind.
 6th of May, 2013 by   kobe2469 0 Votes
You are all a bunch of stuck up haters!! I've been to every eye doctors office in my area..Sears, Jc penny, pearl vision, eyeglass world...Optical Outlets was the ONLY place that could help me and meet my needs. I am legally blind, and i have to have shots in my eye every month. Optical Outlets was the ONLY place that could help me see to the very best of my ability. I will recommend everyone i know to them. I spend a lot of money there, and every year they continue to help me more and more. GO TO OPTICAL OUTLETS DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE MORONS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :)
 9th of May, 2013 by   LouA..clrwtr 0 Votes
I agree the Opitcal Outlet should be Investigated for poor quality and horrific customer service, and no morals.. When a Dr and a company can not get your prescription correct, there is a company that needs to be investigated. Be Aware of the Optical Outlet in CountrySide Mall. They are working on trying to get my prescription correct for the third time, I wanted to cancel my order and go somewhere else, however, although not posted, they refused a refund and stated you can only receive a credit, and who wants a credit from a Company who does not even give a correct prescription. I am reporting them to the Dept of Health, my Insurance Company, and anyone else who will listen and investigate this Company...It is wrong that an Insurance Company sends you to such an horrific Company - Hopefully this will keep you from making a mistake by giving your business to Optical Outlet..

Simple Breakfast Foods That Keep You Healthy