logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Penn Foster
Won't let me cancel courses
2. (0 mins ago)

Scam

Expert Rating
United Kingdom
One word: SCAM.
Do not join their online-courses service. It’s crap.
I enrolled for one of their courses; my first impression was to find the course itself full of mistakes (spelling, missing words…). Well, I already paid for my course, so I just let go and finished the tests with a high score.
Second, I thought it was a US accreditation and that the website is ran by Americans… In the Privacy Policies section, you can read that you can contact them through their New York address…
Shocked to receive a cheap and poorly printed so-called certificate from INDIA (!!!) a month later… The paper is just cheap quality, with text poorly printed.
What is more suspicious is that, well, since I finished my course, I didn’t try to log in to my student page… but it appears I’m somehow banned… I cannot log in anymore! I tried and tried, and even asked to retrieve my password, but they say none is registered with my email, which is just impossible, because it is one and only email I have and the only one I enrolled with for that stupid course!
I do not think at all that they are ISO 9001:2000 certified company. Even their certificate seal looks fake. It can easily be falsified. It is not a seal, it’s just a printed circle, and trust me if I say it’s ugly.
I cannot show this certificate to any employer! I bet they would first suspect me creating it. It is just far from being a real certificate.
I guess online training and certification schools are popping up all over our Internet! They look great, claim to be the most recognized and accredited certifications, and offer affordable online courses…
I lost $29.99 for a piece of shit. But thank God I didn’t enroll for another course with this company before receiving this certificate-joke.
So, anyone reading this warning… don’t do the same mistake!

Pictures of what I received from ExpertRating are attached as proofs.

ExpertRating ExpertRating ExpertRating

Comments United Kingdom Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Sep, 2011 by   ethoorg 0 Votes
I've done a few online tests regarding IT on a website that uses Expert Rating. The tests are obviously cobbled together by non-computer literate people using books that nobody has ever read. I find it quite annoying when I know the correct answer yet it gets marked wrong. Oh well, atleast i'm not the only person to think they're shite.
 10th of Jan, 2014 by   Dwayne-Houston 0 Votes
Thank you so much for this. I was considering them as a training potential for certification. Your photos were invaluable. Excellent work. Looks pretty lame. Sorry for the cash loss but thank you for posting. This is the type of thing that saves people numerous hours opposed to wasting.
 30th of Sep, 2014 by   uae1 0 Votes
Thanks you so much for saving my time and money. I was just planning to start my course next week.
 9th of Oct, 2014 by   gabrielsnext 0 Votes
As with anything in life, you get out what you put in. I did over a year of research into on-campus and online certification programs before I decided on ExpertRating. I have attended both in the past and applying those experiences into my approach to finding the most suitable, affordable, viable solution for myself was taken well into account with my decision. Firstly, I left an International Business and Management program after 5 semesters at an accredited university after I was grossly overcharged for learning absolutely NOTHING about business and secondly, ExpertRating against any other certifying body is as up to date and proficient in their curriculum and deliverables as any other program offering the EXACT same certifications at dramatically inflated fees. I cross-compared and examined lessons, formats, styles and course material with several companies that advertised the same programs and found that the ONLY true scam is these other companies are charging you from $399 upwards to $10, 000 USD for, again, THE EXACT SAME, if not less involved certificate programs that ExpertRating charges very modestly for. In case you have not yet discovered in all of your vast education and wisdom, a very large degree of American companies, do NOT have a physical entity here in the U.S. and are based overseas. In the words of any great educator whom has ever delivered anything of value to someone else, ... DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
 30th of Oct, 2014 by   EXPERTRATINGISAFRAUD 0 Votes
Expertrating is a JOKE, a scam in every sense of the word. What company does not have even a toll free number and a person to answer calls in the US? Obviously a shading group or a couple of people masquerading as "Online Training centers". These guys are based out of some place in India, like the zillions of recruiters who call from India - The recruiters atleast have a New Jersey address (Which again makes no sense because you can clearly know from the English they speak that they are calling from Bangalore, Hyderabad or some remote place in South India.

Coming to Expertrating - they are simply a fraud, that is nothing but a money making scam. Just don't fall prey to it.

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams